Reviews for A Perfect World
Sue Pokorny chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Not sappy at all! I loved it and you kept both Dean and Sam true to form. Well done! Where did you read about Jared showing up at Jensen's play? That was very cool.

Sue
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
"I want to see you get to live your life for youDean. Not taking care of me, not saving everyone, not dealing with all this crap and trying to do it on your own. I want to see you have the chance to do whatever it is you want to do – maybe be a Firefighter, although personally I'd prefer a less dangerous job, but if that's what you really want. I just want to see you get what you deserve – a home, a family, a real life. But I've said this before and I will say again as many times as I have to until you believe it – there would never be a world, perfect or otherwise, where I would not want you to be in my life Dean. You're my brother. That's why I'm here – not because I feel obligated, or trapped, or anything else. I'm here because I want to be.” he said, putting as much feeling into every word as he possibly could."

That was definitely the biggest chick flick moment of all time, I hope you were wearing your tiara while you were writing it ;)

I loved that Sam convinced Dean in the end that their world has it's moments and is better than Dean's ideal world...at least in their world the boys have each other.

"Maybe his brother was right. Maybe it wasn't about an ideal world, it was just about their world. And surviving in it, together."

*Sniff* That was beautiful, you always get me with the brotherly love...Sam and Dean against the world.

Loved every word and thanks for filling my chick flick quota of the month!

Cookies for you! You keep writing and I'll keep reviewing!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Great tag girl, awesome! Dean's question certainly backfired on him at first, Sam turning the question back on him as to why he was a loser and a thief who drank too much in the 'perfect world' the djinn created! And Sam, being Sam, turned it into a chick flick moment and he used his puppy dog eyes to maximum effect! Just loved how you countered Dean's sarcasm with Sammy's heartfelt emotions, it balanced it out perfectly! But eventually Sammy's words hit home and Dean believed him

And, as they pulled away in the impala Dean thought

And yes, they could both definitely live with that!

As usual you got the boys, their words and emotions spot on, just hope Eric Kripke reads this and takes note! You rock girl! Loved it!
joeysgirl4eva chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Consider yourself a lucky woman, SNgeek. :) Your Sam totally got me to cry again. Like that's such a shock. But as you know very well by now tears from me after reading a fic is like classic rock in the Impala is to Dean. ;)Fantastic job as always, sweetheart.

love, joey
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Great job. I nearly cried during Sam's speech to Dean. Definitely tugged at the heartstrings. Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
creativexlicense chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
I really love this one. It's probably my fave WIAWSNB tag I've read. It just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside that you get when you find a fic that really rings true. I actually thought about some of this after finishing the episode, about why Dean was so un-Deanlike in his AU (Dean would never, never sleep with Sam's prom date. Ever). I just came to the conclusion that Dean has a very low self-esteem (which he does) and could imagine himself acting like that without hunting to occupy him, but I have to say, I like how you put it more - that Dean just wants Sam to have the perfect world, and Dean could care less about himself and his own happiness as long as Sam was happy. And the part where Dean says that he thinks Sam would be better off without him...that's just heartbreakingly true (that Dean thinks it, anyway). He has such a low opinion of himself, and Sam doesn't know how to convince Dean otherwise.

In short - Awesome piece of fan fiction that is totally, in my opinion, in character, which I applaud you for.
Brigid Tanner chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Perfectly in character, in my opinion. If Sam keeps telling Dean this over and over maybe it will finally sink in. Liked that Sam had his shoulder touching Dean's when he was talking to him. Nice to have another story from you!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Awesome story! In my opinion, Dean needed to hear the words that Sammy had to say about wanting Dean'l life to be wanted he wanted-not having to take care Of Sam all the tinme! Dean knows now that his baby brother loves him just as much as Dean loves Sam!
Onari chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Hey there,

I was so happy to find this story! Let's see...my favourite bits would be:

Sam had been equally as happy to allow Dean that time to get back on an even keel and as much as he might wish his brother would share his thoughts with him, he'd known better than to push and had simply tried to be there in case Dean did want to talk. Well done, Sammy.

“Oh yeah? So how come in your version of a 'perfect world' you were a loser and a thief who drank too much and didn't get on with his brother?” said Sam with sudden intensity.

Dean's head snapped up and he shot Sam a look that was part surprise and part panic. Good point.

“You can quit the starving orphan look Sammy, I stopped falling for that years ago.” he said, which they both knew was a blatant lie. Hehe

Aw to Sammy's words about his ideal world.

Eventually he couldn't take it anymore and nudged Dean gently with his shoulder. “Dean?” he said, desperate to know what was going through his complicated mind. Hehe, I can see Sam biting his nails.

Well, well, it was sappy, OKAY, but we wouldn't want it any other way _

Thanks for sharing!

Love xx
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
You captured the brothers' voices very nicely. Interesting, well-written story. It filled in a lot of blanks!
Rhesa chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Another wonderful story. The boys needed this conversation - Dean needs to hear this! Love how you balance the affection and the snark. ANd once again to be demanding - More more more soon please!
CMM chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Awesome little ficlet.
LaurenWinchester chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
*wibbles* Possibly one of my favourite "What Is And What Never Should Be" tags. That was just lovely.

And you're very welcome for the reviews, you definitely deserve them! :D
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3