Reviews for Fragile
MidnightWinterNeige chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Gosh, this story left a crack in my heart. It's almost heartbreakingly sweet. T'was a good read, author :)

Cheers.
tygRrr chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Wow that was powerful..I love the last line

it's all incredibly touching and romantic..in an unconventional way, yeah..
VanillaSlash chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
You've written some pretty amazing things, and even if this one was a little sad for me to read, I consider it one of your best. I can just feel the energy of this oneshot! It was really beautiful.
account deserted chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
OMG Did Shizuru kill Takumi?

I hope you write a prequel after this!
ZialCrimson chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
Well that was extraordinarily romantic in the most hopefully depressing manner imaginable. I approve :D.
BubuzukeOnna chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Moving. Somewhat evoked The Notebook for me.
Yukinou chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Ah, I begin to enjoy your works. They're all so deep, it even burns the neutral heart to read words that contain so much emotion in them.

I wonder what Mai has against Shizuru? Could it be that Shizuru murdered him? Perhaps I'm just clueless.

Natsuki remains strong even amidst the flames of hatred and the weary eyes that observes her. Truly, she has become a beautiful woman, waiting for her true love.
centauri2002 chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
I'm beginning to regret my decision to read all your stories now. I did say I had a fragile heart and you didn't warn me of the angst! *shakes fist*

Anyway! I didn't pick anything up that needs attention... but I'm not a particularly picky person anyway so I probably wouldn't have mentioned it even if there was something. _0

Firstly, you set up the scene particularly well. I can see the room but enough is left to my imagination to let me form my own personal image of it too. Nice balance there. :) That contrast you drew between the table and the napkins was nicely done too. If I were to over analyse (which I inevitably do) it could represent Shizuru's state of mind within the harshness of her surroundings. And as there are two napkins, it might just represent both Natsuki and Shizuru. Ah, but that's my view of it anyway. ;)

It is so very sad to see Shizuru like this. And to see Natsuki's reaction to it as well. I have this little ache in my chest now. All your fault! And the most heartbreaking thing? Shizuru wanting to make tea for Natsuki but there not being any there. Ack. It's such a shame seeing such a brilliant mind losing it's lucidity. I've seen this happen to people close to me and you've portrayed it very well. Writing about these things is not an easy thing to do, so well done.

However, with it being so close to home, so to speak, it's also rather hard to read at times. But that's just another accolade to your writing that you can get that reaction out of me. ;)

It's very interesting to see how Natsuki visualises the tea here, tries to sense it even. It's as if she wants to join Shizuru in her madness and I suppose that would be easier than having to watch her like this. Perhaps it's a way of her being closer to Shizuru. That would make sense. And then we get the little moments of clarity from Shizuru, or the nearest she can get to that. That flicker of hope within Natsuki is just as heartbreaking to see.

I'm rather cynical at times and I find it hard to believe that once you've falled so deep as Shizuru has, it's near to impossible to claw your way back to sanity. However, if anyone can aid her in doing so, it would be Natsuki. The fact that she stays with her during the day and shows her affection, I think that helps a lot. And there's always that hope there. Both from Natsuki's point of view and from the reader's. I found myself thinking of that word once I got to the end. Hope. Yup, that ending certainly gives that impression.

The flashback was very interesting. You kept it intentionally vague but my imagination was going into hyperdrive here. Several scenarios flashed through my mind. I wonder what really happened though. It can't have been good in the least. :o I don't think I really want to know though.

Aww, and that little moment between the two of them where they just say each other's names. It says a lot with so little. It is reassuring, not only for the characters but for the reader as well. There we get that little glimmer of hope again.

"You waited for me, Shizuru. Now I’ll wait for you, for as long as it takes." That line made it for me. So sweet, so true and so Natsuki. She has a strong sense of duty anyway but that's not the reason she's doing this. I just hope they were able to find their happiness after all.

Well, that's my review! I really enjoyed it even though it was a tad on the angsty side. At least there was hope at the end. I've said that word a little too much methinks. Heh. Now I tentatively go to look at your other fanfics. They better not be as angsty! *eyes warily*
irathernot chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Wow... that was... wow.

I have several theories on what might've happened, but they all are stated in the other reviews so... nothing to say but to congratulate for a job well done. There's just something about it I like... the depth of the unspoken, I guess (if that even makes sense). The not knowing what really happened but *feeling* what might've been... damn it, I love vagueness. X3

BTW, You made my eyes water (not something that can happen often, mind you). So, yep. Definetly well done.
scoobz87 chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
pretty intense... cant wait for more! :)
damn unique chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
wow that was really touching I loved there will be more
renny-chan chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
;_;

so sad. t-chan. ;_; but meh. i really enjoyed this. XD

an untitled fic? m...i got all emotional in it too. aww... i dont even know what to say. lol. XD umm...yeah. AWESOME! and moving.

renny-chan
Sephy-Stabbity chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Lolz, this was a great fic but I'm hoping u could clear up what happened b4 ;P Did Shizuru kill Takumi while trying to kill Akira and then Mai went berserk and did something to make sure Shizuru went insane or sthg?
voidfanfic chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
I would call it "Abyss" as in an immeasurably deep chasm or void to represent the distance or separation between Natsuki and Shizuru, and the despair in which Shizuru has locked herself in.

Hmm... as to what happened that caused Shizuru to be in that state, I'm going to take a wild stab at it.

By the way, my story is a pale shadow compared to the brilliance of this.

There's a prevailing sense of drabness, matching the greys that surround them. It sort of sinks in, stains you and you have the feeling no matter how much you scrub, it would never go away. I kept thinking, "what the hell did Shizuru do to end up like this?"

I'm thinking that in episode 20, before Natsuki grabbed Yukino to do the reconnaissance, she was talking to Shizuru just seconds before. When she went off with Yukino, Shizuru followed secretly. I think Shizuru was aiming for that raven Child but missed and killed Gennai (I know in the anime, it wasn't her). Mai goes beserk. When Natsuki returns to the school after dealing with Mai, Shizuru is already waiting there for her. And the episode proceeds like canon.

I think what Mai said, "She's not right, Natsuki. She's all wrong..." refers to what Shizuru said to Yukino, that you whatever you have to do to protect the one you love. Or perhaps she is referring to what Shizuru said in episode 21 before she dropped Nao into the sea, "People may be forgiven even after they become demons."

Perhaps what Nao is referring to with "You fool, I tried to tell you" is what she said in episode 24 where love, attraction, affection are meaningless and the only person you could trust is yourself.

I am most likely way off base here.
shiznats chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Hoppy-chan...this is so good...i can't believe what i just red...it's so good...i have a few ideas of titles (no fluff allowed):

- Fragile Dreams

- A Dying Wish (in case Shizuru will commit suicide or somebody dies)

- Barriers (between the two of them)

- Inner Silence (Natsuki or Shizuru's silence)

- Better Off Dead

- Forgotten Hopes

I really hope i helped u with those titles...Take care and update soon...onegaishimasu!