Reviews for The Gift of Royai
Turtle-chan chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
tat was CUTE!
Kurissyma san Tybalt chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Cute! Though it did present me with the odd image of Riza with a beard, lol. And no, I'm not TOTALLY random, it's just that I've read a book where a man called Mr Klaus -or something like that- (no relation to Santa) shaves his beard and sells it to buy this girl with influenza a train ticket back to her home. It's a really beautiful book, by Karen Hesse I think, but I can't for the life of me remember the title- it might have had something to do with angels... *looks back at review* God, maybe I /AM/ totally random, lol Anywho- this was so sweet, I loved it It also reminds me of this one episode of rugrats but I'll leave it at that, lol...

-Rissy
FreyaLin chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
aww that was cute! n their birthday is soo close to mines!
Mirage992 chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
I've read the same plotline somewhere, but I can't recall where... Anyway, wonderful retellign of the story with Royai twist! Very well written and romantic.

~Mirage992
jennlyn78 chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
It's a very good story and very Harry Potter of you :)
jacksparrow589 chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
I don't know what to say about this. I just don't. I REALLY like it, but I want to say something a bit more... sophisticated than that.

Well, I'll leave it at this: Great job, and making their birthdays on Royai Day was a very clever touch. Great job!
OTP chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
azw adorable lol nice job
Bizzy chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
That was so sweet! I can't believe I missed this one! Grumble...

I had a feeling this was where it was going, but it was still so very sweet. I love how she still has the clip.
Silvery Mist chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
I always did find it odd why Riza called Roy "Mr. Mustang" when they were younger and Roy didn't mind.

Loved the story. I'm definitely adding this to my favourites.
Oblivioneclipse chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Aww...it's lovely!
Waffled Flambe chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
What? It's Royai Day? No one told me! *sulks in corner*

All whining aside, I really liked this story - it was so sweet! I felt sad when Riza cut her hair. I've been trying to grow my hair for so long, but it's taking forever. I just wear extensions now, and you're right - it's feels so heavy, I'm gonna take them off this summer. Once again, great fic!
Dancing Nightmare chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Oh, this reminds me of some story I read/saw years ago. I think it's pretty much the same as The Gift of the Magi. Anyways, a girl and a boy was in love and wanted to give the other a present for Christmas but they were both poor. The boy played harmonica and tried to earn money by playing it so he could buy her a chain for a ring she got (It's too big for her finger). But he doesn't get enough, so he sells his harmonica to buy the chain. Meanwhile the girl sells her ring so she can buy a harmonica case for him.

... Yup, the same as The Gift of the Magi.

Liked this story very much. Happy Royai day!
AluraEmbrey chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Very cute. Its just like those two to give up something precious for the other.
Yun Min chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Cool! Where I am Junes supposed to be summer too, though we switch from torrential rain to glorious sunshine. I'd like to see the look on my friends faces if I cut my hair short though! Keep writing, and update Military Affairs soon!
MoonStarDutchess chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
This is great. I love the twist on The Gift of the Magi. I especially like how the gifts worked out fifteen years later. ;P

Keep up the good work!