Reviews for Only in Dreams
pixie chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
please. please. Please, write me a norribeth! a full story with squillions of chapters. I think im heartbroken once again, i died a little when norri died and each time i read a norribeth, i die a lil more inside...its juts..WHY Him?! but anyways...im in love with your story. :')
mynameisgirl chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
This is beautiful So tragic...I'm having a hard time finding words to describe how good this is :).

Wonderful.

~tcw
once within a dream chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
*wibbles* I completely agree! I took his death extremely hard as well (but at least he went out pretty well, eh?)... He was probably my favorite character, and ElizxNorrington is by far my favorite pairing.

I like the way you wrote about her feelings -after- the fact. Her regret, what he could have been like, etc. etc. Very well done. :D
The Mad Maiden chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
That was so sweet. I have just recently become a Norrington fan (meaning I'll never be able to watch the third movie again). Poor James...*sighs*...very very touching story!
IMissNorrington chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
*Sniff* Good fic!
tallulah daze chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
That was simply beautiful, but horrendously sad!

As an enormous Norrington fan, I felt a grief which i'm going to presumptuously say was akin to your own, and was utterly devastated.

But this story is a beautiful homage to a wonderul character .

What really struck me is your writing style. It is certaintly quite different, and I really enjoyed it- your use of short sentences and many adjectives coveyed an amazing sense of thought and emotion.

Wonderful! Well done!
ohfuckthis chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
His death really pisses me off. he's the only really good guy in the whole dang movie and they kill him...It's pure evil!
Sleepy Lotus chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
bitter sweet and so good! the best liz/james fic i've read yet
lunlunmon chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
This was such a heart-warming (lame adjective, I know) fic, it made me so sad. Norrington's death was the worst part of the movie for me, Will 'dying' was nowhere near the shock of James getting the boot. Wonderful perspective from Elizabeth, it really calls to mind the "don't know what you've got 'til it's gone" idea. *Sigh* Just wonderful!
Maeve18 chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
Wow, that was really REALLY good...

If it makes you feel any better, James' murder hit me really hard too... I just saw At World's End on the 11th of this month, and when he was killed I had tears in my eyes.

I wanted him and Elizabeth to get together. To hell with Will. He can captain the Flying Dutchman for all I care, let Elizabeth have James!

I am tempted to start a petition... *grumbles* ANYWAYS! wonderful story! Keep it up and if you know any other good James/Elizabeth stories, please, let me know!

Maeve
Elizabethiscool chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
That was so beautiful. I always hoped she would feel this way after watching him die and you are an amazing writer who illustrated it perfectly. It's almost like his love was wasted...though I know he probably wouldn't think of it that way. I hope you write some more stuff like this, I would enjoy that!
BG Sparrow chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
I cried for Norrington when he died. And now that I work in the very same cinema I saw him die in opening night, it's worse. I've only been there a week and seen him die six more times. Other than that, you wrote beautifully. I really loved the kite scene in her dream - he would have been such a loving father. Kudos to you for a great job done!
P'tfami chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
I was pretty moody myself when Norrington died - it was definitely a shocker although at the same time not unexpected if you know your Hollywood film formulas, viz, get rid of the other guy in the love triangle. *sigh*

This is a very introspective piece on the characters, and your writing has a mature note regarding their personal development.

My only suggestion might be to separate Elizabeth's dreams of James in an italics font to differentiate the fic's pacing.

Otherwise nice work, fellow Norrie fan :)
danielle chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
I've seen that movie three times and every time I want to smack whoeever decided to kill James. *sniffles* But that was a lovely story, exactly how I think she would've felt. *mourns over James*
lily chapter 1 . 6/14/2007