Reviews for Hallelujah
lanternheart chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Omg, I love this song :D So sad and beautiful.

Poor Dean. It does seem hard to get into his head, doesn't it? Same as Sam's. I'm shamelessy addicted to reading teen!chester stories where John keeps comparing Dean to Sam, and hell strikes from there. Eh.

Aw, 1st paragraph broke my heart, so did the last.
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Wow, this was incredible. You built up the feelings and emotions of the fic until they came to the final climax, and my heart broke for Dean. Beautiful writing! :)
The North Wyn chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Oh, heart-breaking. Poor Dean! *hugs him* I think you did an excellent job getting into Dean's head. Little Dean's so cute. I love that his dad's off-hand comment became his motto. I love the image of Dean, only nine years old, taking care of his dad. The scene when Sam's twelve is so heart-breaking! Poor guys. I love Dean comforting Sam, though. And then feeling of not being needed! The last section made me want to cry. It's just so true. Both John and Sam are terribly selfish sometimes. Great job!
chocolatelover1 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Wow. Great fic.

So sad, but to good!

Awesome.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Great story! Very well written and into the characters. Good job!
lunasgathering39 chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
That was excellent and perfectly Dean. It illustrates very well how he came to have such a low opinion of himself. Great story!
Sara O chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
... wow. Just, wow.

I was considering writing a songfic for Buckley's version of Hallelujah, but I don't think that I could do as well as this; it was perfect. VERY well done. It brought tears to my eyes, honestly.

Maybe I'll still try at some point from Sam or John's perspective, but you've got Dean's covered.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
Truly great and moving story with sad insights about the way Dean see things and ends up "left behind".
Ivy3 chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
I think you've done Dean justice. I felt so bad for him- watching his dad get wasted, always trying to keep the family together, being taken for granted.

"That was when he realized there was something worse than getting left behind.

Not being needed at all."

Dean's two biggest fears in two lines. I think they really sum it up. Nicely done, the song adds to the atmosphere.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
Wow the years since childhood to man through Dean's eyes was a powerful piece of writing. His overwhelming need, his desire to be wanted was so palpable here and was beautifully explored. Great one off and thoroughly enjoyed. So big thanks for allowing me to see the older brother with fresh eyes. Rozzy
jenilee chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
Wow, another great piece and with one of my all time favourite songs. How incredibly suitable the lyrics are. I especially loved this verse, love is not a victory march. It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah to the part with Sam and Dean fighting about school and mom. The whole last verse with sam leaving was perfect too. I have the added advantage that I can actually listen to the song while reading this, so very sad, poor Dean.

Oh, please do a companion piece to Obsession(I think that is my favourite story you have written)... and a follow up would be great too. Not asking too much I hope? I don't think you'll have any troubles pegging down Dean, you seem to have a got him down pretty well.
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
I absolutely love this image: He sprinted into the night, his face and arms beating against the tall cornstalks, as he closed his eyes at the tears threatening to fall.

A look at Dean through the years set to the backdrop of Hallelujah...great concept, great execution.
thevigilante15 chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
That was amazing! One of the best fanfics ever and defintiely the best Dean one ever!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
WOW What a wonderful look into the life of Dean Winchester from his own point of view. To read his feelings about all the events in hi life as he lost his mother and took over the resposibility of raising Sammy while their dad was away!
DreamBrother chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Nice job!

Btw, have you heard JB's Grace? The vocals on Hallelujah are nothing compared to that song..