Reviews for Astrophysicist For Rent
Anais in the afternoon chapter 7 . 6/3/2012
Oooh, loved it. The dialogue was amazing and really funny, as was Sam's thinking process. And the end is cute. Aaah, never though I'd say that about Sam/McKay But yes, you honestly made me think they were cute together. What have you dooonnnnneee.
Fell4 chapter 7 . 1/21/2012
First, know that I forgive you because I love your writing.

Second, HOW THE HECK COULD YOU HAVE IT END THIS WAY? No! They went through all this Junk (I'm talking about Sam and Jack) in SG1 because they "care" about each other and then she just starts "caring" for someone else? I don't care if it's McKay, who is immencly adorable in this fic, it just shouldn't be done!

AND now that THAT'S out of my system I can tell you that I hate you for making me think this paring is SO cute and want to support it... You are one evil person.

...

And one heck of a good writer. You should be proud of yourself, really! Isn't what a writer wants to do is make their reader think/feel a certain way because of something they wrote? No matter WHAT the feelings, at least they feel SOMETHING! So, congrats.
Blurring Fandoms chapter 7 . 5/15/2011
No flamey. I liked it. I can flow with your go-go.
Robin K chapter 7 . 5/14/2008
This was just terrific! I'm not much of a Rodney McKay fan, but by golly, Sam made the right choice in this one!
Lisa A chapter 7 . 5/13/2008
I loved this! Which surprises the hell out of me, since Rodney irritates me more than anything, and I think Sam and Jack are perfect for each other. But, that's beside the point. Again, loved it-two thumbs up! :)
RedHeadReader chapter 7 . 5/4/2008
AW! TAHT IS SO CUTE! ok, a) i love your sense of humour, it totally matches mine, b) you write great fics nomatter the ship c) i love your atlantis fics, and d) I LOVE THIS FIC! it is so romantic but so in character! v well done!

RHR
steelphoenix chapter 7 . 2/17/2008
Y'know... this _works_. The last bit is just the tinest bit OOC for Sam, but it _works_. Despite the fact that it's SamxRodney, which never in a million-zillion years I thought I'd actually agree with (being a JackxSam shipper myself). Congratulations, you have convinced me that it's a possible pairing. :D

You get flames for this, I don't think they read it properly. *hands fire extinguisher*
Dzerzhina chapter 7 . 12/29/2007
This story was adorable! This and the prequel were quite funny, as well. *goes off to read your other stories*
I.AM.REINETTE chapter 7 . 12/20/2007
Hey, NO Flames for you, I loved it. I love the thing between jack and sam, but there's just something between sam and rodney that you can't help but love. I loved your story and think it was really well written. so, cookies, no flames.
MBB chapter 6 . 11/6/2007
Very good chapter, especially for Sam and Rodney, it had all the teamwork, arguing, honesty and pain they had in SG1's Redemption. (guess that's why I prefer Sam/McKay, I've never seen her talk like that with O'Neill)

Although SGA-wise, you did forget mcKay's claustrophobia in the elevator, guess his anger kept him distracted

QUOTE: "Why don’t you call in a [music] request if you hate it so much, Rodney"

LOL, such a simple yet brilliant Carter-solution :-)
MBB chapter 5 . 11/6/2007
Just got your mail/reviewreply in

Ah, no mckay bashing, that's good. :-) In fact, I realise I probably have read Atlantis-fic of you before, so i feel pretty save reading on. Speaking of, thanks for telling me about this sequell, I find it very amusing so far. (Maybe you could make a link or something to it at the end of the first fic?)

Sam with humor and dating may not be the most in character (a t least I don't remember it from the show), but there is no evidence for it to be out of character either. (and the last few years of SG-1 had more humor and dating anyway, so why not Carter too? :-) ) And it makes a funny and convincing story so far.

About what you said about Katie Brown, I see your point.

personally I have no real problems that he turns into an idiot when she is around, i see it as just mcKay's way of dating. (or trying of)

What I do have problems with is the over the top couply romance of them where the writers practically scream 'oh look how much our character has grown'

I might be prejudged because she re-appeared in the (IMO very flawed episode not even including killing Becket) Sunday as 'serious girlfriend' without any evidence in previous or following episodes;

-no photo's in mckay's room, or gifts bought when visiting

planets, in fact mckay even hit on few other woman inbetween

KatieBrown-episodes.

I'll never understand why they brought her back like that in stead of creating a new character, especially since they knew Carter was coming to SGA.

I have a theory why there could be so few mckay/KatieBrown fics:

After 3 major appearences in episodes, we still know very little of her (less then some few-minute characters, IE Miko), including *why* she likes Mckay -or even knows him at all.

And it definitially lacks the Mckay spark that we've known since he appeared on SG-1 (and the blond hair)

okay, now I can go back to reading your fic.

MBB

PS; sorry for discussing so much OT in your review-space, but all my (Buffy)boards closed down on me, so I'm glad to discuss the show with you.

As you seem to be home in the SGA-community, perhaps you can point me to a good forum?.
SongbirdGK chapter 7 . 10/20/2007
You cannot IMAGINE the way I reacted to this! I literally had to jump up out of my seat and run around the kitchen squealing with glee! I probably looked ridiculous, but the neighbors already think I'm a nutcase, so...

And I completely understand where you're coming from. I thought I was a diehard SJ shipper...and then Rodney came along. It really doesn't help that the events of Season 4 provide so many, many McCarter shipping opportunities. All I can say is that I probably would have been upset if it didn't end with Sam/Rodney! The ending was perfect! _
Trishkafibble chapter 7 . 10/20/2007
Well, I think it was just adorable-and IN CHARACTER, praise be, which so little ship is! Thanks a bunch-now I gotta go catch the new one!
Trishkafibble chapter 5 . 10/20/2007
O.o LOL!
Trishkafibble chapter 4 . 10/20/2007
“What? Wasn’t that the proper response to a declaration of friendship?” One of his eyebrows lifted. “Or are we the kind of friends who ravage each other in public during social functions?”

I SO love the way this line is delivered as seen within my own head-this story is just smashing so far! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this trilogy!