Reviews for Aftermath
CommChatter chapter 2 . 10/28/2013
If Sam had someone like the Sweeds to fall back on after Dean died, would he have fallen in with Ruby? It makes me wonder.
severinas.96 chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
reading this now that i know what will happen is even more difficult...and sad. i really enjoyed this one, especialy the second part :)
Vampyre Moon chapter 2 . 3/8/2011
fuck man, you make me cry a lot.

that said, i like jo and luke. a lot. like them more than i have ever liked an original character in a fanfiction of any series, ever. like tommy too.

and you needed to know.
AKRine chapter 2 . 3/10/2010
I really love all your stories with the Winchesters and the Sweeds! I've only just found them, but I'm making my way through all of them. I like the Christian tilt on the things that happen in Supernatural. In the last few seasons especially I often have the urge to yell at the TV or have this ache to talk to the characters, to tell Sam to hold onto faith, to argue with Dean about the existence of a loving God in the face of all the evil they see... I love seeing the boys have a family like the Sweeds to take the edge off the harshness and loneliness that dogs their steps.
elderwitty chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
...“Dean. This is Jo. Call me back as soon as you get this.”

Dean's in trouubble.

...“To what this would do to Sam. Even knowing what it did to him when John did the same thing…

And there's the crux. How could Dean do to Sam what John did to him, knowing exactly how it feels? But, really, was Dean thinking at the vital moment, or was he just acting in his desperation? How much worse is he going to feel in the coming year; knowing what's coming, not only for him, but for Sammy?

Jo cooking for the boys while Luke drives off the shock is priceless. Especially when he's laughing at her. My only quibble is that now I'm hungry and I have no Jo.

Dean's realization that Sam not only isn't as okay as he thought, but that Sam had been able to hide that from him (or worse, didn't hide it and Dean just didn't see it) it heartrending. Coming back from the dead could only be a good thing, right? No matter the cost? No matter that you're going to lose the last of your family after only one more year, and it's all because of you? Oh, yeah, that could be upsetting. And how do you get into that with the object of your fury and worry? Thank goodness for Jo and Luke to knit them back together (as much as is possible, anyway).

...Anger at Dean felt horrifyingly like regret that Sam was still alive.

Ouch. There's no way out of it .. there are no good answers. But maybe now that one fire is out, they'll have time to prevent the next one. Of course, extra angst 'cause we know it doesn't work out that way. And, even better, the horror that Sam might have been brought back at such a huge cost, not the same, not salvagable. I'm glad all the boys were away, too.

Sam, poking Dean to make him promise to let Sam help. 'Cause Sam needs to help, to hope, to believe that there's a way out of this.

Love the late night mac and cheese talk, especially when Dean sneaks in just one last spoonful for Jo. And all the regret and grief and worry that he CAN'T share with Sam can be safely divided with Jo, because though she's worried, she's not the one who'll be crushed with guilt and desperation and self-recrimination.

Luke, knocking zombie!Sam out of zombieland and back into the real world, including some real work with his brother, is only the best bit of this. Concerned, gentle, firm, forceful. It's just the only thing that would have worked to get Sam off that laptop at a time like this.

I don't really like mac and cheese, but I know I'd love Jo's. 'Cause it's not the plastic kind in the blue box, it's the creamy, crispy-edge version that you can only really find made by a church lady. But Sam's choice is valid, too. Once again, I'm struck with the concept of "BOTH!"

The early morning talk with Luke and Sam couldn't have happened any other way. Who else is Sam going to be able to discuss this with? Dean? Bobby? There're a lot of things that Sam can talk to them about, but this isn't on the list. Thank goodness, once again, for Luke's steady, calm, graceful nature. It took a lot to give Sam hope in that dire a situation, but he managed to do it. I have to wish (for about the millionth time) that Sam and Dean had people in their lives on the show, like they do in your universe.

Heartbreaking, heartwrenching, and, still you made me laugh out loud a couple of time. How do you do that?

No concrit this month.
Dimminished chapter 2 . 9/21/2008

Your ability at taking the happenings on the show and intermingling them with this family, adds such depth to these characters- I just love it.

These two chapters were heartbreaking. At the same time, they were uplifting and heartwarming. The entire third season was sheathed in a dark cloud becasue of that deal and although it was discussed between the boys in bits and pieces throughout the season, your story has given us so much more... your story gives us hope. I love your writing so much. Thanks for sharing. :)
gidgetgal9 chapter 2 . 4/3/2008
When your write stories like this- it makes me really wish the boys did have someone to turn to- besides just Bobby! Love this.
Enkidu07 chapter 2 . 3/30/2008
I love it. i love sam's break down and Luke's unwavering faith. great dialog between the two of them.

i really like Luke and Jo's relationship too. I never commented on that before. a lot of faith wrapped up in it as well. bad things do happen to good people and it is their kind of relationship that turns hardships into something good, something worth living for. Their family is made up of so many different pieces that it is almost ready made for the boys to fall into. they probably wouldn't fit so well in a 'normal' traditional home.
writerchick03 chapter 2 . 12/30/2007
I loved this one too. Shocker! :) I like the stuff you said about God. It made sense.
November'sGuest chapter 2 . 11/23/2007
Aw, that was really nice...handled so well. Sorry it took me so long to get back here-just so much stuff going on right now. I liked Luke's wise talk with Sam. I really wish there was a positive voice in the show like this. Thanks for writing.
Jas-TheMaddTexan chapter 2 . 11/14/2007
Oh! I love the Sweeds. It's nice somebody's out there writing something with real faith in it. Dude, you make me cry you're so awesome.
Deanish chapter 2 . 11/1/2007
These are just so *good* and *wholesome* and *simple*. It's reassuring to read them.
Nana56 chapter 2 . 10/29/2007
That was a great message, hon. I believe every word of it and have for many, many years. Consequences for sin and choices and the sovereignty of God says he can use anything that happens for His glory. Awesome!

Well done! Thanks.
astalder27 chapter 2 . 10/29/2007
I LOVE this. I'm like crying now, I loved the part when Sam was freaking out and he thinks of John, how sweet! I just love Luke and Jo, I'm looking foreward to more with that whole family! Terrific job, I wish the show was more emotional like this story I thought for sure the boys would take some sort of a break!
daisymaygirl1 chapter 2 . 10/29/2007
Oh Luke! You are a wonderful man looking after Sammy like that. Poor Sammy with his panic attack and his memories of Dad comforting him damn near broke my heart.

And for the record Sam I think you are the same Sammy too.

Another gorgeous, read-each-word-over-and-over-again-to-make-it-last story.