Reviews for Dancing
So all lovecraftian horrors are dedicated martial artists :O
Reymen chapter 1 . 5/11
I really find work based on lovereaft facinating. Nice work
Guest chapter 1 . 8/31/2015
Well written.
Ranma carries fond childhood memories from back when I was just turning ten and just stepping into the world of anime; in those days Ranma, Yu yu hakusho and The Law of Ueki all were shown one after another sometime in the afternoon; I used to hog the TV all to myself for one and a half hours.
I am no longer a child however. I have seen hundreds of anime, read thousands of books and manga alike, dabbling into the world of fiction far and wide.
Never in my wildest dreams I could have ever imagined that I would see Ranma and Lovecraftian lore in the same page. I read the necronomicon when I was fourteen and cthulhu mythos is yet another series whose eldritch knowledge lurks within my brain.
Great work. You made my day.
Kirosha chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
I agree with you, this is one of your best works. I'm in love with this.
Twigon chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
I'll be honest, this didn't really frighten me. It wasn't... Scary, so much as a story of one man discovering there's something above him, and that one day, he'll join it. For Ryoga, I imagine his existence being devoured was probably the scariest, most painful moment of his... Well, he didn't have a life anymore. I wonder, did he feel the fear, the pain, all the way until the end, when he was nothing more than a primitive collection of decayed emotions and instincts? Or did he lose his emotions first? Truly, it is hard to tell which is more terrible; fearing all the way until the end, or losing fear first, and simply watching, feeling it happen?

It's true what they say; in some cases,

Ignorance is Bliss.
irnzenmonk chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
very interesting ne
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
I love your craft.
Karl Stahl chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
This is a very good story. While I don't associate Ranma with Lovecraftian horror, you managed to reproduce the tilted speech pattern of Howard P. quite well. Your description of the Old horrors was indeed chill-inducing.

There's only one slight criticism I'd like to offer: In my opinion the end - though slightly chilling - is too positiv. It's not clear to the reader that the frightening price for dancing among the stars with the Old One will be the utter loss of Ranma's sanity.
Hammerchuckery chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Absolutely amazing.
Rune Tobor chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Now we know how Ranma REALLY defeated Saffron...

It is a very good story, I think it should have 220 reviews not 22. And I read Lovecraft, all his works I could find in bookstores. Later I discovered Clarke Ashton Smithe, hope I spelled the name right, and the other writers in the Mythos.

I wish you could write of Ranma in the Dreamland that Lovecraft wrote of. Brian Lumley, (spelling?), wrote several books about it too.

Still its a good story.
The Insanity556 chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
The only thing that needs to be said is that this is truly spine tingling and breath taking.
Orchamus chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
How...exquisite.
Jimm chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Great to see your work posted here. I'd remembered the title and the idea of martial arts as dance, but I'd forgotten that this was a HPL style story.

Very well done, thanks for sharing this with us.
ChibiChibo chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
I recall reading this every so often, and every time it brings a chill to my spine. You've done an amazing job of capturing the tone and feeling of the Lovecraft universe.
Violet Shadows chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Good story, I don't read much lovecraft but even I can tell you capture his style well. The only thing I didn't like was Ranma's extreme OOCness, if you had done it with his original personality I think it would have been a stronger work.