Reviews for Comes the moment to decide
JuliaAurelia chapter 3 . 7/14/2007
Excellent and very chilling chapter. I think you did a great job of getting into Denethor's head in his bleakest hours.
Sarahbarr17 chapter 3 . 7/14/2007
This is excellent! Very well written!

Sarah x
Celebne chapter 3 . 7/14/2007
A very moving chapter. You show excellently the despairing of Denethor.
Raksha The Demon chapter 3 . 7/13/2007
This was probably my favorite chapter, which is why I wanted to work on it; you set it up so well...The progression in Denethor's thoughts from sorrow to anger to numbness and the loss of reason is heartbreaking.
Larner chapter 2 . 6/27/2007
A nice expansion of the book material. Alas, Imrahil understands his brother-in-law no more than Faramir his father.
Larner chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Alas for father and son, as the madness engendered by Sauron infests the former and takes itself out on the latter.

And alas for Faramir, who all too soon must go back out to face the evil of Sauron's forces and Nazgul.
Stoneage Woman chapter 2 . 6/27/2007
Another excellent chapter. I love all the angstiness. You showed how much Faramir is loved by everyone very skilfully; well done. I particularly liked the bit where Faramir sees Imrahil and his son together and compares it to himself and his father. It was really poignant. Please update soon!

P.S. In case you're interested, I got admission in the college of my choice, and am now back from Delhi. I'll have to go back on the 14th, though- that's when college starts. I'm ecstaic, because St. Stephen's college is hugely sought after (I was one among 50 applicants for English Honors) so it's great that I got in. Hope to hear from you soon. Ta!
Addy chapter 2 . 6/27/2007
It's really great, I like it so much.
Annawen Ereiniel chapter 2 . 6/22/2007
Hi, Linda,

What do you mean you're not good at writing battle scenes? This one looks pretty good to me! You captured the drama and the tragedy of this situation beautifully. I'm glad to see Imrahil with a slightly enlarged part, and the inclusion of Elphir's relationship with his father is a stroke of genius; too many fan authors forget all about Elphir, and I think the contrast of Imrahil/Elphir interaction and Denethor/Faramir interaction is a poignant one. I also love this chapter's prefacing quote, well-chosen as always.

I apologize for not reviewing your last few efforts; I'm going through a period in my life with very restricted Internet access, so I can't always send my favorite authors reviews in time to be helpful, but know that I'm hanging on every word you write, and I can't wait to see more!
Celebne chapter 2 . 6/21/2007
Wonderful written, Linda. Poor Faramir, Denethor is such a bad father.
demeter d chapter 2 . 6/20/2007
Very nice scene with imrahil bringing Faramir home. All I remember from the book is Imrahil telling Aragorn that he had drawn out a common Southron arrow and staunched Faramir's wound. This fleshed out the moment rather well. I also enjoyed the scene with imrahil sending Elphir out with his blessing. A poignant contrast to Faramir's send-off.
acacia59601 chapter 2 . 6/20/2007
Wow, great chapter, and horribly sad... Update soon!
valis2 chapter 2 . 6/20/2007
Wow. This is a really great chapter, and I'm totally fascinated to read further. Even though it was a part of the books, this feels fresh and new, somehow. Thanks for sharing!
JuliaAurelia chapter 2 . 6/20/2007
Excellent chapter. I loved how you included so much bookverse, though it made me angry at PJ again for cutting out Uncle Imi, who was wonderful in this chapter. He acted much of a father to his nephew than Denethor ever could.
Hellga chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Very well written ficlet. I just cannot see Denethor actually beating his son - it's just so not aristocractic. Yes, he was driven into madness by the visions sent by Sauron - but even in his madness (speaking of the book, and it certainly sounds like you are following the book rather than the movie) he remained very much an epitome of 16-17th century aristocrat. Unyielding, all too proud, but never one to stoop to beating. I doubt he even would have raised his voice - though I would shudder to hear what he would say in a flat voice. Just my opinion, of course.
68 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »