Reviews for Comes the moment to decide
nautika chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
Here's the thing about Faramir and the King. Maybe Faramir wasnt caught up in childish excitement for a great figure to come and lead Gondor to battle against the Dark Lord. Maybe he was just a son who wanted someone to come and take his father's burdens from him so he could enjoy his last years on Arda and make peace with his son! I'd never thought of that until I read this. I hope you do continue it!
obsidianj chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
I think you have succeeded to show Denethor's monsterlike behavior as the result of his descend into madness. I never thought much about how Denethor could raise two such fine men as Boromir and Faramir if he really was such a bad father all the time. It makes sense that his behavior over the years got worse and worse as the pressure from Mordor built until he finally cracked under the strain.

Poor Faramir. First the retreat from Osgiliath and then being confronted by a father who is on the verge of madness...
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
A sad moment in the increasingly bitter relationship between Denethor and Faramir. Faramir will never forget this; and I suspect that Denethor will curse himself for his harshness when Faramir returns.
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Another excellent oneshot. I felt really sorry for Faramir as I read this. I also loved how you showed Denethor getting more and more angry until he completely loses control. It's very realistic.

Thank you for calling me loyal; I think of you the same way. I may not review your next few updates because I'll be in Delhi, doing entrance tests and interviews for college admissions. Must dash! Ta!
Ivanolix chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
As you know, I personally don't think Denethor's abuse went beyond verbal and psychological, but this fits entirely into your universe, and is very well told. Good work!
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Oh, poor Faramir, and to a certain extent, poor Denethor, to have had his own mind twisted to become what he did.
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Good fic,though it makes me feel very bad for Fara. I loved it when he told Denny that he had seen the King returning in his dreams, and the White Tree blooming again, even though his statement caused Denny to pretty much snap.
merlin's trash can chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Sorry that I'm too lazy to sign in, so you can't reply to this. But this is a wonderful chapter, and I think that you should continue! I've always wanted you to write what happened when Denethor went insane and tried to burn Faramir, so perhaps you could do more about that... I've always wondered how you woud write Denethor, since most of your stories take place after the War of the Ring.
68 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5