Reviews for Destiny
Lesychan chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
A real nice Fic with a new take on Haruka/Ranma and Michi...But an alternate End as an Omake wouldnt go amiss
Angurvddel chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
I also remember reading this story a long long time ago, and yeah, it is indeed just as good now as before.

As to all the reactions of 'aww no immortality' for Ranma, my response is: Hey, it's _Ranma_ he's beaten every opponent he's ever been faced with (in the end) why shouldn't he beat death too? (given sufficient motivation to)
Gaming Ikari chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
You know, I read this story roughly three years ago. It amuses me as much now as it did then.

Contrary to the many other reviews which brought up the point, I think that Ranma crushing the transformation pen is actually MORE true to his characterization. Within the Ranma 1/2 continuity, both Ranma and Ryouga encounter items which grant ultimate power: Each time, be it the Battle Dougi, Super Soba noodles or the Unbeatable Tattoo, they eventually learn that this power boost isn't something they want. As I assume by Ranma's age that this is post-continuity, it demonstrates growth on Ranma's part that he actually chooses not to take it in the first place.

It's Ranma. Defying the odds is what he does. To date, there's an 11/11 chance that someone offered Senshi powers will take it. It only makes sense that Ranma would be the odd one out when added to the mix. It only makes things more interesting. Plus, it's funnier this way for the tragic, "Then I will fight this foe alone" scene to be spoiled by the pigtailed boy.

Anyway, just wanted to drop you a line and let you know this was just as fantastic today as it was years ago.
Lerris chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Very good story. I do understand why you ended it like that, but I think the ending could have possibly been expanded upon from the point of the battle on.

All in all I'd have preferred Ranma to have eventually accepted the Senshi powers, if for no other reason so his life span would match Haruka's, but oh well. That of course doesn't mean he has to become an obedient follower or anything. Good story nonetheless.
Asgeras chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Great fic. I loved every moment of it, which is rather hard to do. Well, almost every moment. I still have mixed feelings about Ranma crushing the henshin pin. I tend to think that the pens are more of a beginners guide to transformation. (Yes, I know that I'm arguing make believe facts :P)

Well, thanks for the fic.
Ph34r Productions chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Hahah great story. "Hey, what's with all the candles? And why are you in my bed under my sheets? Is that a sign on the wall over there? What's it say...?" hahah, classic. I pretty much burst out laughing at so many parts, it was a wonderful read! I'm really enjoying these 'Old 90s stories' they really are good.
keichan2 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
I remember having read this one before (but I can't remember where...).

I'm happy you posted it again, because it is one of the funniest Ranma stories I ever read!

James W chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
A great story. Very cute and funny. The dating scenes were very interesting.
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
Awesome!
Bain chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Wow I remember reading your stories along time ago. This one particularity intrigued me, as this narrative about Haruka and Ranma's relationship was so cute. Is is by chance the beginning of you writing more stories? I do hope so.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
I still love this story. One of the best I've ever read.

The ending was perfect!
PabloDoritos chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Great story but as a little epilogue you should have Ranma ask, "What does 'make love' mean?" and then cut out. I am also very glad that you had Ranma destroy the pen or else I would be very angry because that isn't like Ranma at all. Good job.
ariel stormcloud chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
great story. as funny to read again as the first time.
Howard Russell chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
A long favorite of mine. Great to see it here. Now a new generation of fans can read it and love it as much as I.
Saggit chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Nicely written, as is all your stuff-I remember encountering Finishing What You Start about 3 years ago, and recommending it for inclusion in a large Ranma Archive. (Finally got in a year later.) Still, I found this story depressing. Ranma goes for the simple solution, the easy catchphrase, Be Yourself, rather than facing change, responsibility to others, and growth-even if we ignore the benefits of immortality, an absence of disease, and death. The two dimensional has chosen to ignore 3D, and the paper landscape looks very thin for the moment, indeed.

Just my POV.