Reviews for Destiny
A Reviewer chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
Jeez, what is this, the fifth time I've read this now? And each time, I find another detail that really appeals to me about it. One of the superior points of this story (in particular) and a RanmaxHaruka paring (in general) as opposed to most other R1/2 x Sailor Moon stories is that you wrote Ranma and Haruka from the standpoint of equals. Every other tale, especially what RanmaxSetsuna fics I've read (except the ones you've done) have one of the characters being considerably older than the other, or knowing more about what's going on and the situation around them etc., or like in the odd RanmaxUsagi tale I've waded through, one character (or cast) gets subordinated to the other character's (or cast's) awesome duty or destiny. Or whatever. Kudos on avoiding that issue. Sure, it is something fairly obvious, but... seriously. Apparently, it's easy to overlook.

One of the few stories that gets better with every re-read.

Later
Simon chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
I've been reading fanfiction for over 7 years now. In all that time I have read some incredible pieces, but this is the only one I have actually searched for time after time to reread it.

It is simply a master piece of fanfiction of which there is simply no better.

Their relationship fits so perfectly well, and the way you have told this story simply adds so much to this piece.

All I can say is thank you for sharing it with us.
cyrgon0 chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
Heh.

I've loved this story ever since I first read it, on rakhal's (sadly, now unupdated for over two years) site-from your amazing writing style which explored a huge range of emotions from Haruka's point of view, to the little flashbacks that help us, the readers, to construct an amazingly detailed history between both Haruka and Ranma, it was, is and will forever remain an epic work of art.

Unfortunately, it seems that more and more good authors are departing the field of fanfiction, due to an influx of worse and worse writers and the rabid fans that they (somehow) garner to promote their own writings-I'm glad to see that you're still active in the world of fanfiction, and even more happily surprised to see that you're still working in the Ranma fandom (and not only that, but the R.5/SM area as well!)...

It has been too long since I've read classic works like Destiny; it gave me such a warm and nostalgic feeling as I read this, while taking a break from studying for finals, and brought me back to half a decade back, when I had just really gotten into manga and anime, and Ranma was the focus of all my attentions... I've enjoyed reading your work, and I certainly hope that you choose to continue sharing your masterpieces with us.
Nth chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
Simply the best.

I would be tickled pink if you wrote a sequel for this one day.

Still though, this is simply the best.
Lesychan chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
A real nice Fic with a new take on Haruka/Ranma and Michi...But an alternate End as an Omake wouldnt go amiss
Angurvddel chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
I also remember reading this story a long long time ago, and yeah, it is indeed just as good now as before.

As to all the reactions of 'aww no immortality' for Ranma, my response is: Hey, it's _Ranma_ he's beaten every opponent he's ever been faced with (in the end) why shouldn't he beat death too? (given sufficient motivation to)
Gaming Ikari chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
You know, I read this story roughly three years ago. It amuses me as much now as it did then.

Contrary to the many other reviews which brought up the point, I think that Ranma crushing the transformation pen is actually MORE true to his characterization. Within the Ranma 1/2 continuity, both Ranma and Ryouga encounter items which grant ultimate power: Each time, be it the Battle Dougi, Super Soba noodles or the Unbeatable Tattoo, they eventually learn that this power boost isn't something they want. As I assume by Ranma's age that this is post-continuity, it demonstrates growth on Ranma's part that he actually chooses not to take it in the first place.

It's Ranma. Defying the odds is what he does. To date, there's an 11/11 chance that someone offered Senshi powers will take it. It only makes sense that Ranma would be the odd one out when added to the mix. It only makes things more interesting. Plus, it's funnier this way for the tragic, "Then I will fight this foe alone" scene to be spoiled by the pigtailed boy.

Anyway, just wanted to drop you a line and let you know this was just as fantastic today as it was years ago.
Lerris chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Very good story. I do understand why you ended it like that, but I think the ending could have possibly been expanded upon from the point of the battle on.

All in all I'd have preferred Ranma to have eventually accepted the Senshi powers, if for no other reason so his life span would match Haruka's, but oh well. That of course doesn't mean he has to become an obedient follower or anything. Good story nonetheless.
Asgeras chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Great fic. I loved every moment of it, which is rather hard to do. Well, almost every moment. I still have mixed feelings about Ranma crushing the henshin pin. I tend to think that the pens are more of a beginners guide to transformation. (Yes, I know that I'm arguing make believe facts :P)

Well, thanks for the fic.
Ph34r Productions chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Hahah great story. "Hey, what's with all the candles? And why are you in my bed under my sheets? Is that a sign on the wall over there? What's it say...?" hahah, classic. I pretty much burst out laughing at so many parts, it was a wonderful read! I'm really enjoying these 'Old 90s stories' they really are good.
keichan2 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
I remember having read this one before (but I can't remember where...).

I'm happy you posted it again, because it is one of the funniest Ranma stories I ever read!

James W chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
A great story. Very cute and funny. The dating scenes were very interesting.
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
Awesome!
Bain chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Wow I remember reading your stories along time ago. This one particularity intrigued me, as this narrative about Haruka and Ranma's relationship was so cute. Is is by chance the beginning of you writing more stories? I do hope so.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
I still love this story. One of the best I've ever read.

The ending was perfect!