Reviews for Affliction
lkuecrar chapter 2 . 6/6/2016
HAHAHAHA "His father would laugh, and then impregnate Kagome." That's amazing.
Tarawiel chapter 10 . 2/1/2016
I'm sklo glad that I choose to click on the link for this fic! I have a few close cases of cancer and lupus, and I must say that they are awful and taxing for the person affected by the illness and for the family and close ppl that care deeply for the one suffering said illnesses. It makes one despair because of all the pain and the uncertainty if our dear ones will make it another day, sometimes even the morbid thought of just let them die to stop their suffering and agony crosses ones mind too... It's pure despair. I must congratulate you for this fic, I really liked the way you used this delicate and painful issue!
Tarawiel chapter 8 . 2/1/2016
My head is killing me... this made me cry so much! And I must admit that I'm half wanting to keep reading and the other half doesn't want more painful stuff... this is very emotional and deep subject, and I'm happy that there're ppl writing more than just some light and entertaining fics (I like those too though)
ddddaaaae chapter 1 . 1/20/2016
hello; sesshomaruandrin . blogspot . com
sesshomaruandkagura . blogspot . com
Guest chapter 6 . 9/12/2015
Dude, your car was stolen? I hope everything ended up all right. Great chapter, by the way!
Guest chapter 5 . 9/12/2015
Happy really really really late birthday! It's so nice how you'e giving us this gift of a chapter. Good work!
Guest chapter 2 . 9/12/2015
ugh so sad why you do this to us
(Joking, this is really good.)
Ebony-Dove chapter 1 . 1/29/2015
Thank you for ripping out my heart in this way. Beautifully done.
Mirage chapter 5 . 10/9/2014
i so understand that you dont want to cheapen this Story with a Pairing and only want to put in some slight hints of SessKag or InuKag, the main Point of this Story is Rin and her will to fight against this stupid mean illness! and her parent Figur Sesshoumaru who has to try to stay strong for her and be there for her and may Need to accept that other like kagome -her mother and even his brother will be there for those two to go throught the stages

but the Spider shape i not understand did put naraku something in Rin that acctivated the cancer with the touch of Sesshoumarus youki...or is it a part of him that settled in her?
jaegar chapter 10 . 8/21/2014
Wow...That was absolutely stunning!
This story was so well written, and I felt like it was really in character concidering its quite a far out concept but I am really taken back, you did such an amazing job with this story! It made me cry about three times! Thank you soooo much for writting this! x.
Guest chapter 10 . 6/29/2014
That was beautiful! I loved it! You are such a talented writer and that story was amazing! Although it had many sad moments no one could resist laughing at surtain parts, thank you for writing such a great fan fiction! I hope it was as fun to write as it was to read!
eleigh chapter 10 . 6/29/2014
Loved the story. It touched my heart and almost didn't seem real.
GoldenGryphon chapter 10 . 3/12/2014
It's not just leukemia that affects people so strongly, though the blood and lymph-borne illnesses are sometimes the hardest to deal with.

Anyone who has gone through cancer treatment is in danger of what is called a "secondary cancer", or a cancer caused by exposure to the treatments that cured the first cancer. In addition, the side effects from radiation and surgery will last the rest of the patients' lives. Added to that, the patient is now considered a "narcotics addict" by professionals and can only take certain pain medications in carefully prescribed doses for the rest of their lives or risk going through withdrawal (if they're lucky). And, depending on the type of cancer, there are a slew of OTC medications that are no longer a consideration. And that's with today's technologies.

More kids survive cancer and cancer treatments than ever before, and new developments happen every day. The doctors that dedicate their lives to treating cancer, especially childhood cancers, are the kindest and most patient people I have dealt with. Of course, I volunteer at a cancer hospital when I'm not going for checkups or other things myself, so I see a lot more than most people and have done a lot more research into what my options are and how each decision leads to a whole line of possible outcomes.

You wrote a great story. I enjoyed it. Yes, it's always nice when the main character lives, but she walked a hard path before and during and we, as readers and humans, like to see that sort of thing rewarded. It's the romantic in us; we want Life to be Fair.
Thank you.
GoldenGryphon chapter 5 . 3/12/2014
Having been through chemotherapy as an adult, I can say that it is a scary and painful process. You actually simplified things quite a bit - leaving out the "permanent" PIC line, the amazing beeping attachment that goes with you everywhere during treatment and gets very noisy when it doesn't get it's way, and the constant influx of people poking at you, in one way or another.

I was lucky/unlucky enough to have radiation scheduled for the same time period, so I would go from one to the other. Not a good time for an adult, hell for kids. Though I have met some pretty tough kids while volunteering.

And yes, while you were 'icky', you skipped over some of the worst parts of it while hitting all the "highlights". You did a great job.
Thank you for being more accurate in your writing about the early stages of chemo than just about anyone has ever done - and TV and movies get it wrong *constantly*!
Best thoughts,