Reviews for Night Falling
mantimeforgot chapter 26 . 3/19
It is a considerable injustice of fanfiction that this story seems to be slated for abandonment. As an incomplete work it is engaging, but I believe that like your previous works you could manage to produce something fairly worthwhile. I sincerely hope that you find the wherewithal to complete this some day, but if not, then I consider it a privilege to have played in your sandbox for a time.
love-warmth-life chapter 26 . 2/25/2014
Great story and great intrigue! I look forward to the next chapter! :)
Arithon chapter 26 . 2/2/2014
Please update this story - it is brilliant. Great plot and good characterisations!
Smilyface2020 chapter 26 . 12/5/2013
I know that you life outside of fanfiction and that you probably do not even check this site anymore. I just want to let you know this series you have written is my favorite out of all the various stories and fandoms I have lost countless hours to. It's been over three years since an update has been made and I have all but lost hope for a conclusion. I would however like to thank you for all the enjoyable hours I have spent reading your work.
Kay Hau chapter 26 . 10/31/2013
C'mon - you're not really gonna leave us here? Hoping for an update soon! Or at least a finale someday - we're so close to the end, I can just taste it! Incredible twist, throwing Richard into Columbia and all that trouble there - and very much enjoy what you're doing with all the other characters! Great job, and don't give up on completing this! Please! Thanks for a great story, as well as an incredible series - I've favorited all four!
Cariad-je chapter 26 . 10/9/2013
dear Philippa,

it's 5.45AM now, and I've been reading since sometime after midnight- know that because midnight's the deadline when electronic folders automatically shut down acceptance of submissions. In the middle of law school, and the days have been breathless movement from one place I need to be to another, harbouring every minute to midnight. I thought I'd left fanfic behind me long ago- that I definitely don't have 'time' for it now. But perhaps the opposite is true... that it's times like now that I most certainly do need time- not for fic that's an escape- but for fic like yours.

reading your work... I feel so alive.

here, where I am now, there are many things to process (and I'll have to get to it sooner rather than later-) but rather than escapism, this has been.. a sort of crystallisation: not an barricade to processing things, but a lens of sorts for it. to put it (even more) inelegantly and inadequately: you have a gift, you write *life*.

(there has to be a better way of putting it, but for now all I'll say is that is the about the highest praise I can give.)

Your characters breathe. and we discover that in real time- Amanda Irving doesn't turn overnight from an annoying foil into the plagued teenage girl sincerely in love- and we don't first meet her at that latter point of revelation either. You reveal her to us slowly.

all your characters are three-dimensional- Ariadne isn't defined as the 'blind girl', Rick isn't defined by his mathematical genius or Robin or his wardship, nor Amanda as the annoying foil, nor Barbara as paragon incarnate, nor Niko... by an immigrant streetkid / richboy dynamic.

There isn't (or at least not yet) some over-evident, overarching 'plot'- a reason why Richard was taken by the FARC which meshes with a reason why David Stern killed himself which meshes with how the Gotham riot started.. Events may be controlled by the same writer, but events don't apart from that sense have any one emanating cause.

Selina makes her own choices; Lex can't control her. David makes his own choice. Rick has to understand that. Your characters *live*.

Relationships have a will of their own, burst out in blips and spikes. Trevor isn't the villain of the piece; Barbara realises he's *hers* after all. Barbara Sr isn't a saint above all understanding; Sarah isn't hapless interloper stepmother... Barbara Jr has things to work through herself.

reiterating things you already know like you know air's what you breathe, instinctually :) but needed to get it out of my system: basically, you have a real gift for writing. and your stories touch people deeply, deeply even today- how many years after? I know it's been a long time, not sure where grad school has taken you in the intervening years. or even if you'll get to read this. but if ever you're thinking of taking up the pen again, here's a stranger from the other side of the world saying, do, please. It will be fabulous.

in the meantime, I'll be saving your other novels for days like this (storehouse of treasure for rainy days that need it). and It will be fabulous. and I'll be here waiting.
r3nlock chapter 26 . 7/22/2013
NOOOOOOOOO...this says you haven't updated in years D: i love this series, i love your plot, i love your bruce, i even love your oc characters (and i don't usually do). i love how you have all the characters but backstories and romances are all switched up. and above all i love that more often than not the mystery leads back to bruce. i didn't comment on any of the previous fics because i was so impatient to read the next one. i read them all one after the other without break. please tell me this fic isn't put off (i need just a glimmer of hope).

now that i've finished with my fearful rantings, is ra's alive? is seline talia? what's lex's part in this? and who's killing off the batman haters? i'd say the riddler but is he independent or working for someone?
Guest chapter 26 . 6/23/2013
Nooo! Why did you stop? And with no warning! DX
Eeveleon chapter 4 . 5/26/2013
I prefer his name being Dick. Rick doesn't suit him.
Guest chapter 26 . 4/24/2013
Are you even still alive?! I hope you are! Can we please have a update? I really want to see this story finished. I need to know what happens like I need air!
Elodie.Haven chapter 11 . 4/6/2013
I truly hope you finish this one day because i am hooked
Singer Sira chapter 26 . 12/28/2012
I love this story. All your characters are so great and well rounded. It makes me sad to see that it hasn't been updated in two years. I hope that you decide to finish it sometime.
lonni chapter 26 . 12/28/2012
I absolutely adore your fics. I read them all in an (intense) afternoon, and I'm hooked. I don't know when/if you're coming back to this story, but I thank you anyway, for making my day.
or-chan chapter 26 . 12/19/2012
Hello, I really enjoyed your story. I know it has been quite a while since you updated but would you be able to tell me how this story ended? I really want to know.
Mandie.Leigh.44 chapter 26 . 12/17/2012
Please continue. This story is really really good! :)