Reviews for Cross My Heart
Lady Murdock chapter 8 . 8/25/2012
Great story- you really captured the voice of Malcolm- I always felt that this show never got a chance- wrong network- wrong time slot- I feel like fanfic is where this show will live on- bravo! Really enjoyed it-
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 8 . 1/5/2012
Another well up to standard story - the scenes in the cave were very believable. Really enjoyed this one!
asearcher chapter 8 . 1/13/2011
Loved this story and the part Porthos played in it. Once again, you hit the right chords for this lovely piece.

Thanks for the read.
ComicalEpiphanies chapter 8 . 8/15/2010
Owing his life to a bottle of Andorian ale. Brilliant. I loved the suspense. You did a great job drawing out the climax. And using Porthos as a messenger, fabulous. I was expecting Trip to toss his communicator to Malcolm so they could get a lock or something. Yours was MUCH better.
Aggie Escott chapter 8 . 2/15/2008
Enjoyed that fic very much. Thank you.

Luv u

Aggie Escott chapter 6 . 2/15/2008
poor old Mal!

anything nutty, toffeey and/or chocolatey

Aggie Escott chapter 5 . 2/15/2008
Fab!

Aggie Escott chapter 2 . 2/15/2008
Fabby tummy turningly fab

onto nx chappy

Ags x
Aggie Escott chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Love it. MR is my fave char from Ent, with Archer.

It must be the name! SRis my facve criminal minds char!

onwards to ch2

luv

Henrika chapter 7 . 12/28/2007
Won't let me review for the last chapter so I'll leave this here.

Ah, the joys and unexpected uses of alien hooch. As always, I'm fond of the way your portray the friendship between Trip and Malcolm. Keep writing!
b7-kerravon chapter 8 . 9/11/2007
Very nice - I liked the interplay; I could actually hear Trip and Malcolm talking!
mary chapter 8 . 7/30/2007
what a wonderful depiction of friendship. True to character for all involved. Typical of Trip to put himself at risk to save a friend. Well done, enjoyed it
Emiliana Keladry chapter 8 . 7/10/2007
Wonderful and totally amazing! You wrote this story beautifully. Wow. I hope to read more from you!

-Emma
tripaholic chapter 8 . 7/2/2007
Hi Daniela,

That was a lovely piece of fiction, I enjoyed your Malcolm-hurt very much.

I also found that your writing from Trip’s perspective worked very well. He’s a character very easy to relate to, and I felt his commitment and worry through your words, and even had to wince when he went about fixing Malcolm’s arm and tried not to cause his friend too much additional pain as I put myself in his place mentally. I think you have a very good grip on him in your stories, so that helped to make this believable.

I couldn’t help wondering though why Enterprise’s sensors hadn’t picked up on the seismic activity earlier on, thus being able to warn the members of the away team. I also thought Travis’ enquiry about the welfare of team mates came a little late, considering the team had set out to explore some caves – so much so that the idea crossed my mind he might have speculated on getting a field promotion to commander if the four senior officers had perished in an unfortunate accident on the planet...:-)) However, that undoubtedly would have been another kind of story.

I liked the piece of interaction between Archer and the Voice-of Logic (love that expression, very Trip-like!). It showed the contrast between the Humans and Vulcans, but at the same time proved that these two individuals have gotten to know and learn to work with each other. However, I’m not sure about the Starfleet regulation already in effect stating that a Captain shouldn’t be alone on away missions, there are too many instances for Archer in the show where he seems to have disregarded this regulation if it were. On the other hand, one could certainly argue that Archer’s behaviour hasn’t been very consistent in the show either…

I absolutely enjoyed Porthos’ part in your fic. He certainly was cute, and it added an element of light humour without changing the overall mood, or making us lose focus, sometimes even underlining certain impressions (like Malcolm hurting from Trip’s manipulations of his arm).

Speaking of Malcolm: I felt that he somehow took an uncharacteristic backseat in your story (I’m a little exaggerating, but I always expect you to write Malcolm’s character more intensely and in depth than other authors). This might sound strange since he’s not only the injured party, but also appearing throughout the whole fic, but perhaps I simply wasn’t used to the fact that he’s mostly been injured physically, without a major emotional impact to go with it, at least when he wasn’t confused. The fact that he neither seemed to remember his drunken conversation with Trip nor his fears when his confused mind imagined himself to be his great uncle down in the cave even lessened the impact IMO, which I somewhat regretted. I admit I’m a sucker for hurt/comfort stories, and the deeper the hurt goes, the better the comfort can be, if you ask me! However, I’ll never stop admiring how easy Malcolm comes alive in my mind when I read your stories, no matter if he’s the officer-by-the-book, confused, or drunk – he’s always easily recognizable and essentially Malcolm.

So, compared to you previous stories, I found this one to be less intense and a little more action-oriented, but I must admit I actually found that to be a nice change, especially after your “Similitude” fic (absolutely no criticism intended, believe me – it’s just that I’m still flooded with impressions whenever I think of that story). Anyway, it’s been a very enjoyable read as always, thank you for sharing this with us.

Take care,

Tripaholic
Melethwen chapter 8 . 6/30/2007
As normal - brilliant ending to a fantastic fic.

I really enjoyed it.

Excelent writing.

I look forward to your next Reed and Tcker adventure :-)