Reviews for But Trailing Clouds of Glory, Do We Come
Neellok chapter 3 . 7/24/2009
since the reality wasn't canon with the show is that why Rodney was able to eat the lemon meringue?
Lilimayhem chapter 3 . 9/22/2008
Wow, already finished. I've been so caught up in the story that it was a complet shock to read «the end». I so wanted to hear about that conversation. Great story. Great story-telling in the first point of view. You obviously took a trip down Rodney Land.

Loved it.
Hettie chapter 3 . 7/17/2007
I hardly know what to say. Very well written and plotted. There were some errors in the use of then for than. Other thatn that, I think this broke my heart. Great work. Thanks for sharing.
Ellex chapter 3 . 7/12/2007
Wow, this story is great! I really enjoyed all the little hints telling me that the main universe of this story was a slight AU (Sheppard as a trumpet player - I want to see him with his cheeks all puffed out!). The plot was tremendously clever, and you hit a perfect balance of angst. The scene in which McKay goes to the other reality to rescue Sheppard and confronts his own dead body is very eerie. I'll vividly remember this story for long time.
Snarkydame chapter 3 . 7/3/2007
Wow. Just . . . wow. Great job keeping the characters true to their core facets, even with the altered backgrounds.
mouse8 chapter 3 . 6/22/2007
Loved this story!
Pocus chapter 3 . 6/17/2007
Wow! Nothing more elegant than that will form in my mind right now.

Fantastic job on characterization. Loved how the whole thing was from 1st person. I could feel the emotions running through the whole thing. The pre-slash waws subtle enough that someone could take it for deep, deep friendship if they wanted to.

I literally gasped when the AU Shep said "Good bye".

Again I say "Wow"!
mouse8 chapter 2 . 6/17/2007
Oh, that was a twist I wasn't expecting. Loving this story!
Twinchy chapter 3 . 6/15/2007
This is a fabulous and absolutely heart-breaking fanfic! Not to mention, your quantum mirror story line was truly interesting and creative. *bows*

Rodney losing John, in some other reality John losing Rodney, and all the different scenarios you let the team travel through in order to find a solution to their problem: great! Yet ti was also so very sad the 'other' Sheppard had to die in the end... and the whole concept of losing again.

Thank you lots for being such a class fanfic writer, I mean it!

You needn't have to put the story up as 'preslash' though, because I surly thought that the theme wasn't too strong in this. One could easily have seen it as pure friendship, too.
Mercury's Winter chapter 3 . 6/15/2007
*standing ovation and wild cheering* OMG freakin' amazing! I loved it! Loved the ever so subtle difference between their reality and "ours". Loved the friendship, loved the pre-slasy-ness of it, simply an amazing story. Thank You!
MacCartney chapter 3 . 6/15/2007
Fantastic! I totally felt Rodney's pain at losing John twice, but it was so like John to give himself completely. I really was fascinated by all the "mirror" universes they visited..I'd be like Rodney and just sit and watch for hours :-)
krysalys chapter 3 . 6/14/2007
I'm...

Just...

TOO MUCH WIN FOR ONE HAND, BABY.

You are made of awesome. Better than awesome. Spectacular. Yes. Made Of Spectacular.

I want to be fertile again so I can have your genius babies.

Okay, scratch that. So creepy.

I'll settle with - I'm in awe of how you continuously come up with and then consequently blow me away with your brilliant stories.

You win at life. In TWO galaxies.

-}-
redick4 chapter 2 . 6/13/2007
Once again your stories have kept me up way past my normal bed time (work is going to suck tomorrow). Given the heads up at the beginning, I was expecting this to be a bit more pre-slashy. Nothing like inventing words at close to one in the morning. Still, I enjoyed how you used AU to look into the possibilities created by the relationships in the universe we know. Excellent job. Hope that made sense.
Lilas chapter 3 . 6/13/2007
Right... I'm not quite sure where to start on this review... First off, I loved it! Absolutely LOVED it! At first I was a little confused, trying to figure out if this was an AU reality or our reality, but then Grodin kind of gave it away. That and the Athosians coming in with a ZPM to save them from drowning and that Heightmeyer is dead. But even so, the characters were so IN characters that it was hard to read about their loss. And that scene with the Sheppard that had lost Rodney was just... URGH! *sees heart shattering*. And I liked the fact that AU2!Sheppard played along until the cascade failure started to happen. And that he sacrificed himself in the end. I mean, everyone he knew and cared about in his reality was dead, so why bother staying alive? Might as well help the nice people that saved his life (albeit for self purposes).

Um, I feel like I'm rambling, so I'll wrap this up. The ending was perfect. A note of hope at the end of the tunnel that Sheppy and McKay would be able to fix each other (and maybe get a few words out in the open while they're at it? Hmm?)

Good job, as always! Man, I will never get tired of your fics!
Ammanalien chapter 2 . 6/13/2007
It was wonderful.

I loved it.

I wish I could write like that.