Reviews for So She Dances
PassiveIre chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
I'm not the biggest fan of Penelo/Vaan, mainly because I think he's an idiot most of the time and she deserves better. BUT, I love your take on their relationship. I absolutely do. I also enjoy the challenge of conveying SO much in once sentence. I laughed and 'awww-ed' and almost cried at a few of your sentencces.

My favorites:

03. Memory. (I'm just all kinds of in love with your Penelo.)

14. Music. (I laughed and understood both of them perfectly.)

15. Silk.(I didn't want to like this one, but it was SO lovely.)

22. Journey. (I feel this way everytime I play the game!)

25. Mask. (So much laughing! Poor Penelo, though.)

26. Ice. (Just 3!)

30. Body. (More Penelo detail love. If that makes any sense.)

32. Farewells. (SUPER FAVORITE! I love Basch too much.)

34. Formal. (I like a jealous-Vaan when Penelo is involved.)

36. Laugh.(Poor Larsa, but it's how I see that situation too.)

37. Lies. (Because I like Penelo to think about other guys.)

38. Forever.(This is where you got me with Penelo/Vaan for real.)

47. Highway. (I actually fell a little in love with Vaan here.)

Okay, so now you have my long-winded explanation of why I favorited your story! Hope it wasn't annoying
Nascense chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Pretty. It made me smile. It was a very subtle romance- the kind that best friends share. And it was creative. Therefore, it was very good.
Qwi-Xux chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
I absolutely loved this. It made me feel teary and happy at the same time; you expressed Vaan and Penelo's relationship beautifully. Unique and special and at times, bittersweet. Thanks for sharing!
Cataracta chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Awesome job, some of those had to be difficult.
lsd3 chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
simply amazing.

it's different, but that's what i love.
kkid chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Amazing job - I almost started crying when I read #47.

fav
SiuanSedai chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
Wow. Those were amazing. I liked #12 the best.
bluetinkerbell chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
You enjoyed writing it and I loved reading it. I really liked how you had some of the themes connected. It was like a ton of mini-stories in one big story. It's great.
SecretBox chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
Oh my gosh. That was amazing. You conveyed so much emotion in so little words. I don't even really care for Vaan x Penelo but I think this might've have changed my mind; when written well, it is both heartbreaking and beautiful. My favorites would have to be 2, 19, 28, 29, 42, 46, and 50. They were all so bittersweet and emotional, I actually teared up a little bit. Keep up the good work!
blahhdeblahhblahh chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
simply beautiful.
Vixen2004 chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
And this was just enthralling. Really. I adore one sentencers. Especially ones that manage to provoke emotion without using an excess of words (which, in reality, is probably the point, but people rarely succeed at this endeavor.) This is all very reminiscent of 'Cry, The Beloved Country' by Alan Paton, who is notorious for saying volumes in so few words. Not that he wrote fifty one sentence challanges on fanfic, but his style was somewhat similar in the way that he conveyed a lot with a little.

I think your take on the Penelo/Vaan relationship (the opinion I have gathered from this and various other fictions of yours, anyway) is quite novel and accurate. In this one Vaan seems more willing and ready, but for the most part it seems somewhat one sided on Penelo's behalf, which you make seem plausible, if not down right obvious, and you are responsible for shining a new light on the dynamics of their relationship.

I love it when I read a fanfiction that can make me alter my previous held opinions. (Like, I didn't think Amarant and Freya were even llegal as a couple, let alone obsessive. I read one good fiction and suddenly I'm converted. Such is the power of good literature, which you add too, by the way.)

Number eight and ten made me laugh out loud. Bravo.

Six and two were delightfully insightful.

Fourteen was hilarious.

Thirty Nine and Fourty were adorable.

Fourty Three and Fourty Seven were my favorites.

Even if I do want to hit Vaan over the head for even debating between Penelo and a friggin' air ship. But that's his character, now isn't it?

And such is why I tend to lean towards Balthier. (Ahh, intelligence...Vaan; take notes.)

No, I'm not bashing him, in case you are a rabid Vaan fangirl. Just poking harmless fun. Please stop throwing things at me.

Anyway, I am on to read more, since it has been ages since I've come across a decent (let alone good) fiction and I am practically starved for good FFXII literature. Carry on!
Krabby Patties chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Loved it! Adding to favorites!

Thumbing through the pages of my fantasies,

ЖЯдβБΨ ۹Ǻ†ŧỊی
aerisofthewhite chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
i really like it. it just captures the complexity of Penelo and Vaan's relationship...

I thought the Larsa thing was good... he so obviously likes her, but i've always embraced the Penelo Vaan coupling (for the sole reason that we need a little romance in FFXII besides Ashe and her dead husband).

Also the "Cold" "Dress" and "Hurricane". They're really good. It's just amazing how well you capture things in just a few short words...
Prodigy Keyblade Wielder chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
I really enjoyed your story too. Please write more!

P.S. I really twitch about Larsa. I can't help it, I'm a Larsa and Penelo fan, but your story makes me waver between Larsa and Vaan. XD
Rehime chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Well, I really, really enjoyed reading this.

Amazing that a few sentences describes their relationship. I'd ask you to do a Balfran now, but you're not obliged to listen to me and I'm not sure if you even like the pairing.

Good writing, and good work.