Reviews for Across The Universe
citylights chapter 26 . 9/15/2009
I read this and must commend you for your persistance in writing this over two years when others would just give up. I have enjoyed reading this. Being a roomies fan I did find it strange them not being together but could see right from the beginning he'd end up with Alyssa and thought it was cute. Felt sorry for Neela cos she's just went for the safe option after Ray with Lucien. I can't see her sharing that passion with him. Just reminds me of that song called Cath by DCFC.

It makes me realise too that she did have to go to him in BR all along in the show and glad they got their happy ending.

A pleasure to read.
Wesker888 chapter 39 . 7/3/2009
While I know many were probably disappointed by the end (I may have also been a wee bit), I actually think I prefer this ending.

Because that's life. People grow up, move on, move in different directions in their lives. As much as one tries to hold on to what they always wanted, they eventually realize it's not possible, and I think this story really captured that. People move on. Life doesn't always go the way we always wanted it.

It's nice to read a story that reflects more on the reality of life instead of just the ones where the pairing skips off happily into the sunset. You did a really good job with this story.
SerenaFelicity chapter 39 . 6/25/2009
I've been reading this whole thing without ever reviewing. And I figured now was the time to review it;)

This was such an amazing fic. I don't mind the 'Alternate Universe' version. Alyssa and Ray are freakin' adorable and even though I hate Neela/Dubenko it was kinda sweet they ended up together.

Great fic! I hope you write more Reela.
modscho chapter 39 . 6/24/2009
Although I said it is hardly imaginable that Ray decided to live with Alyssa rather than with Neela I truly loved the epilogue and the closure you gave us with it. Lucien always felt something for her, so I think Neela and him made a nice couple after all. Really a great story with a wonderful ending.
Ocean of Ashes chapter 39 . 6/22/2009
Although I haven't been reading this story as faithfully as I once was, I thought such an epic deserved a review now it's over.

I have to confess, seeing Ray and Neela with other people leaves me a little empty, although I can see that that was the correct resolution for the story the way you wrote it. It just seemed... a waste.

However, I want to complement you on what was a brilliantly written story. The research that you did in Ray's early treatment and recovery was exemplary and incredibly thorough. You also got inside the character of Ray very well, we learnt what made him tick as a person, not as one half of a couple, not as a person who needed Neela to make him complete (even though I would like to think he does). You also managed to introduce a whole cast of your own characters who were not only interesting, but whose fate you ultimately ended up caring about.

But most of all, I want to compliment you on your persistence - keeping this going for two years is amazing. I wish I could channel a bit of your dedication to get Back to the Beginning finished!
ERclaireER chapter 39 . 6/22/2009
Perfect ending, I really did love it. Thanks for the Reela closure, it was much needed
moms5thchild chapter 39 . 6/21/2009
Oh Beth;

I do so love happy endings. You know I have followed this the entire two years even if I did not review each chapter. (Mom slaps her own hand) Yes, I love

Reela, but I know you have to let your writing take you where it will, and that darn muse uses frequent flyer points to take we writers so many wonderful places.

Well, done, doc, well done.

Mom
ERclaireER chapter 38 . 5/21/2009
First off, I apologise for not reviewing the last chapter. Rest assured, I did read it. To make up for it, I'll give a mega review for this chapter. While I'm Team Reela all the way, I do understand and apreciate the relationship between Ray and Alyssa. It was clear, from the begining, that it would be in Ray's best interest to forget the past and move on. It was tying him down. He's made great strides in this story and any resulting relationships are a testement to that. I mean, I think that's what you're going for. I know you have an epilogue planned, but I hope I got the basic gist.

Claire
modscho chapter 38 . 5/20/2009
Well, I saw that coming, but still it surprised me a bit - probably only for the fact that it is hard to imagine Ray with someone else as Neela. But you're right, we had our happy ending and this is fanfiction, so why not trying something else?

Really loved this story and looking forward to your next one.
Rachel Wilder chapter 38 . 5/20/2009
Sorry I've been lax on reviews, but I've been reading and keeping up! This is a good ending as well-and I'm not surprised. I think you created a world that was way too hard to say goodbye to.

I'm going to miss this story!
fan chapter 37 . 5/18/2009
“What am I supposed to do? Ask him to be less dreamy?” Pratt batted his eyes sarcastically.

...hahaha, I miss Pratt. Your characters are wonderfully 3D just like the real ones. Love Frank as the "hub" and guardian of ER hearts. Love that Ray finally has people who love him. Love Alyssa...but really? Is this the end of the roomies?
MonaDelMar chapter 37 . 5/18/2009
I've been waiting for your update for ages.

It did not disappoint. I love the way you are drawing the strands together.
BubbleToes94 chapter 37 . 5/17/2009
You know I love your writing and all but I'm struggling with Ray and Neela not ending up together in this one, I have to say it's really tough accepting that Ray is with someone else! Still love this story though :)
akaz chapter 37 . 5/17/2009
Aww no, Neela's the one! lol, this story is killing me here! I actually feel sorry for Neela and confused about Ray - I hope he realises that! keep it up!
nzhome chapter 37 . 5/17/2009
I think you have a lovely writing style. Very convincing as Ray with the other girl who isn't Neela makes me feel kind of ill. I just don't like Ray with anyone else.