Reviews for The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
claud chapter 7 . 2/3/2013
Dark and twisted, yet beautiful and a treat to read. One of the story that makes the reader's heart skips a beat, and screaming and craving for more. There were few writers who were very successful to write this kind of fic, and I'm very glad to say you are one of them, the chosen few.

Fear me... true, it is very visible that Sarah feared Jareth (who wouldn't be) but the rest, "Love me, do as I say and I will be your slave..." For loving him and bending to his will, it might be possible for Sarah, depending on Jareth's tricks.. but were is the slave part? Not likely for Jareth... Such a pity for our hero.

A genuine piece and a treat to read! Jareth is meant to be evil, nothing more.
pnutbutternhelen chapter 7 . 2/25/2010
exciting story, beautiful in some way but so very evil

I love evil-jareth fanfics 3
Moofins chapter 7 . 12/7/2009
This story is absolutely phenomenal and so utterly inspiring. You have them both characterized so well, I can really see them in my head doing this, as well as the way you describe things!-an utter dream. So fantastic.
chee-wit chapter 7 . 4/17/2009
Why is whenever you find writers, who write with such imagination and creativity that they just stop. I throughly enjoyed reading this, I loved it, the deeper meaning of everything, the characters and the idea in general. You're writing style is fantastic and refreshing.

I felt a bit disappointed and annoyed when I came to the past chapter you updated, it was getting ever better. Over all you're a splendid writer, please update.
L'Archange chapter 7 . 7/18/2008
...Wow...All I can say is...WOW... this is awesome. I hope you can update soon. :) Your writing totally rocks!
vamp1987 chapter 7 . 7/17/2008
Oh, what happens next. This elaborate cat-and-mouse game has to come to an end some time, but it seems as though Sarah is not going to win this time around.
Pika-la-Cynique chapter 7 . 12/7/2007
This is terrible and wonderful and exceedingly strange and twisted and harrowing. I do hope you can come back to it, and know where it is going. Much love and a hopeful watch.
Myra of the Flame chapter 7 . 8/2/2007
well. Shes in some major shit. Poor girl, she is sort of dumb.
Subtilior chapter 7 . 8/1/2007
*shivers* "Some declawed storybook" - lovely image, that. Thanks for updating!

I have a few comments:

1) No idea what the chasm represents. Could it be the way back to the ocean in Maine? Are the voices on the other side, calling her back to them? I don't know if you would use that image (it's been done before, after all ...) so I shall remain puzzled.

2) Nice that Sarah fought back, pushing Jareth into the water the way she did. It says a lot about him, I think, that he wasn't expecting her to be that forceful. Go Sarah!

3) One bit of constructive crit: Jareth has just kissed Sarah and made her head practically spin, and she is confused and still teetering on the edge of being horrified - and then "they saunter to the riverbank" ? I can def. see *Jareth* sauntering, but since I always picture the verb as a more lighthearted or smug way of describing walking, I don't think Sarah would feel like a saunter or a stroll at that point. I would rather see that phrased as "Jareth saunters to the riverbank; Sarah follows, numbly" or something like that. I tend to overuse "numbly."

4) More, please!
notwritten chapter 7 . 7/31/2007
this is an very interesting chapter
yodeladyhoo chapter 7 . 7/31/2007
You do like these one line end hooks, don't you ?

The high desert of her body that lies upstream from the field of her heart. Where could there be a desert, a place of barreness, in Sarah ? I have an idea, but, there are minors present.

Until again.
Myra of the Flame chapter 6 . 7/15/2007
oh well shes screwed.

and shit.

she is really screwed.

myra
Imbrium chapter 5 . 7/12/2007
I'm a little embarrassed now - I could have sworn I'd reviewed the last two chapters. In any case, here's what I thought I'd already told you :) -

I like here how you've complicated the animal imagery again. As others have noted, you clarified the issue of the disturbingly awesome "coughing up birds" thing, and at the same time, I thought I had pegged down what the horse was: it seemed, I thought, to pretty clearly represent Sarah. Now, though, I think it's more complicated than that, given the horse's somewhat contrary reactions to Sarah herself, and the way you've complicated the current setting of the story, as (another?) representation of our heroine.

I had suspected that you had somewhere you were going with the title, beyond simply liking it as the title of the original McCullers books, and now that you've had Sarah and Jareth enter this heart-chamber, I'm really looking forward to seeing where you go with this one.

I love Jareth's explanation of where they are, by the way: 'He steps closer and leans to whisper into her ear.

“Do you ever feel me inside of you?”'

How very suggestive, in all of the right, naughty-but-not-trite, sort of ways.
Helden chapter 6 . 7/9/2007
Your writing is so beautiful.

Cheers.
Subtilior chapter 6 . 7/6/2007
"This is my heart."

Neat! I like the way that you've explained what's going on - Sarah's entire journey has been through a reflection of her own self. As you put it in the last chapter: "You could turn it this way” – he chuckles – “and say that while you run through the Labyrinth, the Labyrinth runs through you!" Very interesting. And now I'll go back and see if I can piece together the other "places" she has been. Question: is that why Jareth was so angry, when she went back to the Labyrinth from the representation of her own body - he doesn't want her to be lost to him in the transition, or to injure herself permanently, or what?

Quite sad, and a nice touch, about the horse not trusting her any more, or answering to her - but the symbolism of Jareth putting a bridle on it is nicely understated.

“Because you are the purest, most beautiful thing I have ever seen, and from the first moment I saw you, I knew I wanted ... to touch you. To lay you down, and sink my teeth into you. To claim you ... I can make you immortal ... I can fill you with darkness and light and all the force of this world, and you will scream with pleasure. Forever. Isn’t that what you want?”

Gulp. Update soon, please! I'd love to know what happens next, although I really don't think it looks that great for Sarah.