Reviews for Harry Potter and the Order of the Light and Dark
Angels-heart1 chapter 36 . 11/17
Great story! Loved it!
littleditto chapter 36 . 11/15
I must admit, I am not someone who reads HP fics. I'm not even interested in the original. That's not to say I dislike it, I just don't have an interest in it. The only reason I started reading this in the first place was because it was on the favorite list of an author I was looking at.
That said, I kept reading this because I like this story. It had interesting plot twists, and good explanations so that I could understand things even though I haven't read the original.
this is a really good story.
Gleas chapter 36 . 11/12
You turned the epilogue into humor... Love it! Voldie ghost... didn't he promise to always listen to Harry? XD! Family ghost indeed. I adore Dudley's wife- she actually cowed Vernon baboon! Damn.

I like what you did with all the characters and really the whole fic was amazing. The only thing I have to complain about (only mildly) is that the writing could use some clean up. A beta or even self review will catch most typos and grammatical errors; there were some phrases here and there that seemed off. Otherwise, a splendid work. Thank you for sharing.
Gleas chapter 35 . 11/12
One tiny detail you probably should have clarified... Harry used some dark curses including the killing and pain curse. While this was fine in the raids, the duel with Voldie is being watched by everyone and even without killing Voldie he would be labelled dark and the public can theoretically call for his imprisonment- at least Albus could use this.

Now to explain it away, maybe a full ministerial approval, a special concession for Harry? Or maybe the rules of a true wizarding duel allowing for any and all types of magic? Or even masking spells on the wards but that's too complicated, I think.

I like how Harry decided to not kill him. Tom will finally learn there are worse things in life than death.
Gleas chapter 33 . 11/12
That was good bit of Slytherin maneuvering... making Voldie give up his own ring...
Gleas chapter 31 . 11/12
Why call a meeting in a public place when they have access to Grimmauld?
About Sirius and Azkaban, it is most likely that he was sent there so that he couldn't get custody of Harry.
Dumbledore ordered Hagrid to get Harry and bring him to the Dursleys, Sirius met Hagrid at Godric's Hollow and gave him the motor bike, then Sirius went after Wormtail and got imprisoned.
So Dumbledore had already decided that Harry would go to the Dursleys before Sirius was unavailable. It is open to interpretation whether Dumbledore organized what happened between Sirius and Wormtail or whether he just took advantage of the opportunity. In that case the question is what else would have happened to Sirius, as he obviously was an obstacle to Dumbledore's plan. So Dumbledore has both motive and means to keep Sirius in Azkaban.
In fact, we don't know of other cases where suspected Death Eaters went to Azkaban without trial, actually most of them got free with the Imperius defense.
Eagle-Eyes chapter 36 . 11/6
Love it.

Keep writing as life6
Veronice chapter 36 . 11/5
There were flaws in this story - I suspect the author was very young when it was written. And yet it kept me engrossed to the finish.
The flaws - occasional errors in continuity, a far too sudden switch from Snape being a cruel bully to acting almost like a lover, too many people fainting (teenagers are apt to write that in), that Harry was given an unrealistic and too-neat amount of money, and that 'pranking' was depicted as harmless tricks rather than the cruel and cowardly acts that they are.
Yes, the story has its flaws, and yet I kept reading. Eight years since it was completed. I wonder if the author has used the writing of fanfiction for the practice, but is now writing some very good novels.
Rainbowbaby123 chapter 36 . 10/10
I loved this story! I about died of laughter when Voldemort returned as a ghost bound to Harry! Amazing job!
Aries Christensen chapter 4 . 10/6
If you ever do some editing, please change Harry's wealth. 15 billion galleons makes him richer then Bill Gates.
delia cerrano chapter 36 . 10/1
Absolutely a specially good story. Some of the OC characters were terrific and while I don't normally like Harry/Hermione pairing this time it was ok I guess. Your treatment of Snape and Harry...YES, a winner! Your big fight with Harry and Voldemort...all the people watching...some haing to stay in various places to care for or protect others was so very well done. I hope you write many more Harry Potter stories. I will surely read them (but could you please pair Harry with someone else, maybe one of the Greengrass girls).
Simianpower chapter 6 . 9/18
Oof. Severitus. I wish that was made clear in the description. I *hate* Severitus. It totally rewrites a character. Evil!Dumbles, Greedy!Ron, etc all simply exaggerate (sometimes not even all that much) characteristics evident in canon. Evident by actions or inactions rather than words. Severitus is a different beast. Severus in canon was obsessed with Lily (I don't think JKR knew how to write actual love), but even so still hated and abused Harry for looking like James. He abused three entire houses for a DECADE. He's an evil, nasty fuck no matter which side he played for, and he makes a great villain. He makes a terrible father figure, let alone love interest. This story isn't badly written, but I have no interest in reading it.
artimismoon95 chapter 36 . 9/9
This was fantastic. You should get some kind of medal
Kittens Kat chapter 36 . 9/7