Reviews for The Isla Ford
ThurinRanger chapter 1 . 1/4
By the Valar...happily married Galadriel going off alone into the woods of Lothlorien...and screaming...XDXD So correct!
This was such a lovely story!
Thurin
DeepRootsAerNotReached chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Wait! Did they CATCH the thieves?!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Hello Dear
happy day for you, it is my pleasure to write you after viewing your profile on which really having communication with you, I'll be grateful if you could write back to me direct email address, so that i can be able to tell you everything about me, and my pictures, (), have a nice day, do not forget to write direct to my private Email
Glory
Emily chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
I was very proud of myself when I managed to understand the drunken guy's accent without the translation at the bottom. That is what comes from too much Tannahill Weaver! He was quite obviously drunk.
Houtori chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
... Impressive; I loved the meeting between Elrond & Celebrian. My favorite part, though, had to be at the very end... I wonder how the twins answered Aragorn's question?
goodbye-for-now chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Wow! Another excellent fic! I love the way you used one place to create several little scenes that centered around it and also how, at the end, they were bound together in one plot.

And the song. Well... just one word. Hilarious. I think that use of different dialects for the drunk and thieves gives nice touch to the whole story.

But my favourite part of this fic is scene between Celebrian and Elrond. You managed to capture their powerful emotions very well. I also liked the fact that it is different than usual " Elrond and Celebrian" scenes I 've read.

So, all in all, the great story once again.

Sorry, but I just have to ask: when will you update "Erestor and Estel" and/or upload your story about Erestor's past?

Anyway, I really enjoyed this story and impatiently wait for the next.
grumpy123 chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
That ford did have a lot of traffic that night, sort of like rush hour at a river. I like Elronds reasons for keeping it up.
Lillz chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
this is great! i loved the drunken man, and his accent! put me very much in mind of Prachett's Nac Mac Feegles!

lovely little ficlet, very touching, with a great dose of humor!

xx
SCREAMINGwhispers chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Good story! :3 Thank you for the nice light read. Just what I wanted tonight...

Anyways the only nitpick I could find in the whole thing was calling one of the twin's horses a "Gelding". It is the proper term for a male horse nowadays (usually) but in Middle-Earth geldings would not be common. Why?:

A gelding cannot sire any foals. This is generally from unnatural reasons, (spaying/neuturing) though the stallion may "lose it" when he is older. I'm not sure. I really never asked my riding instructor THAT one. Heh. So-able to sire foals: Stallion Not able to sire foals: Gelding.

If I'm wrong, PLEASE correct me, but I'm am almost possitive this is right.
eiluj chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
A pleasant surprise to find this story. That's quite a variety of events for a single location so little frequented.

One point: your "faer" should be fëar, and is plural. The singular, fëa, is the proper word here. [And in case doesn't like my diacrits, "fear" is plural, and "fea" is singular.]

Write on!
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Very nice story. I love the way a place could mean so much, and how a single place can be a silent witness to everyone's secret thoughts and conversations. At the same time it is amusing how everyone thinks the place is secret and only they know about it.
PurpleHat chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
In turns humerous and poignant. Beautifully written. I especially liked the tryst between Elrond and Celebrian. You really brought the passion between tham to life.
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
/I have no idea why the drunken man speaks in a Scottish highland dialect. He just does./

That's the best explanation for anything-"I don't why I wrote a cliffy. I just did." :)

Congrats on winning third, Pentangle. :)

Cal