Reviews for A Stranger in the Promised Land
Update soon!
sunneedee chapter 4 . 1/23
This is the best story that I have read for a while, I know you probably will not continue it at this point but I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed it.
Pineapple chapter 1 . 1/4
I love this so much! The story is really interesting and I hope you'll continue writing it! (Although you might have abandoned it. :( I'm crying)

Anyway, fabulous work! I love how the characters interact and how the story progresses. I'll be loyally waiting for the next update!
Guest chapter 4 . 11/6/2014
Wow. This was a joy to read. If it is being continued, or adopted, please let us know!
David-El chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
Well, I have to admit, Harry took this different than I would have. Why didn't he just tell Tom the truth? That he was Harry Potter from an alternate universe?
Polar Pig chapter 4 . 7/31/2014
I'm sad to see that this story hasn't been updated in a while. I'm hooked by the plot so far.
MBrock94 chapter 4 . 7/22/2014
Should I even hope that this gets finished?
Elizabeth chapter 4 . 5/17/2014
I'm reviewing the whole story, or at least until chapter 7, the last I read. I think this story is completely fucking MIND-BLOWING! Seriously, it rocks, and has one hell of an author.
In the rest of the story, the plot thickens. It gets reeeaaaaally interesting!
Although I kind of hate the seemingly growing love relationship between Harry and Katie, mostly because I don't like Katie, and because I think it doesn't fit Harry's persona. Weeeeell, it might also be because the only heterosexual relationship I can accept in HP fanfics is Harry/Ginny, but still. Katie and Neville? A muuuuch better fit (this Neville though. Harry's Neville HAS to be with Luna. They were so cuuute in DH! :D)
On a not-so-important side note, I just Haaaave to point out that the french-bashing irritated me a bit, being French and all that.

Anyway, I get the feeling that you have lost your fanfiction password, or have forgotten this website exists or something. I have this secret hope that one day you will log back in, and seeing our misery and despair, will decide to update it! :)

For those who want to read chapters 5/6/7, just type "A stranger in a promised land" on google, there's a sites called "strangerinland" (I don't know if this link is going to work: )
You can download it in a pdf file from there.
Fay chapter 4 . 5/1/2014
So this one of my favourite harry potter fanfics, and I absolutely adore it. Over the past few days I've been scouring the internet for any hope that maybe Jono has continued it on another site, and I found this: . /blog/static/120983458200961763630247/

It's the same story, I think it is at least, and I am squealing in excitement. I don't know if it's complete, but it has more chapters than the one on has. I really hope Jono finishes the series, I love his writing style, and the plot is phenomenal. If Jono were to write a book, I'd read it, and I very rarely say such a thing for fanfiction authors. I hope this is just a very long hiatus.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/14/2014
Can you please carry this on? It's brilliant!
Guest chapter 4 . 3/5/2014
Oh my gosh I just love this so much! I can't wait for the next chapter! this is just so awesome! I love Harry!

After writing that I thought to check when was the last time you've updated. I wanted to have a rough idea when the next update might come. Can you believe my utter disbelief and horror when I noticed that you haven't been updating in six years? PLEASE I'm begging you, update!
Hainbuche chapter 4 . 2/26/2014
Das sind zwei hammer Geschichten, sowohl die Eine als auch die Fortsetzung... und schön mit Details, lässt sich toll lesen. Ich hoffe du schreibst an Dieser weiter. Harry erscheint hier eher ein bischen zurückhaltend aber das ist auch verständlich. Allerdings mag ich ih eher offensiver - naja, schaue mal was da kommt. Freu mich auf dein nächstes Kapitel. LG Hainbuche
Kira chapter 4 . 2/26/2014
would you ever finish this story? :(
FirePhoenix86 chapter 4 . 2/21/2014
I have a feeling you (the author) died before finishing this story. There's no sign of you on your Yahoo page, and the story has every sign of the intent to continue, yet hasn't been updated in years. So my only conclusion is that you died somehow which is unfortunate. This series was amazing and has, despite being unfinished, moved quickly to the top of my favorites list.

And being left of a cliffhanger... Fate is very cruel.

Well, I'm going to forget I read anything about this strange "Promised Land" and am going to convince myself that the Node didn't work and Harry was forced to remain in the Unholy Land with his family. Maybe I'll check the yahoo group occasionally to see if anyone continued the story on their own or in a group effort because this story definitely deserves to be finished. I'll follow this story on this site as well, just in case you aren't dead and decide out of the blue to continue writing and return to fan fiction in the future. But I have a feeling that will never happen.

If anyone reads this review and knows of a continuation of this story, please PM me about it!

If you are alive, I wish you well. Maybe give us readers a quick note on your profile to let us know you're still alive at least.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
I am totally engrossed in your story. Can you update it? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?