Reviews for Moving Sideways
I like your style.
Special Patrol Group chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
oh SNAP!
CarrieVS chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Like the little touch at the end.
Emmy-Chan chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
WHAT WHAT HE NEARLY CALLED HIM KEEL

hahahahaha

awesome
Hello Anyone There chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
This story is really good! I liked Vetinaris shock at seeing Vimes and compareing him to..what was his name Arggh I can't remember. Oh well.

Vetinari is not crazy! Hes simply...er...hm...erm... OK insane, I mean setting up an assasins guild! The mans a genius!

Please excuse my rather rambling review, loved the story keep writing!
adele4 chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
This was brilliant! Their first meeting is something I would have loved to read about, and you did it really well, imo: content, characterisation – Wonse included – and even tone (which, with Pterry, isn't easy) are great!

I loved how Vimes is so worried and wary, and yet can't -not- comment about the whole thief guild idea. And Vetinari is just evil, promoting him first, and then telling him about his plans for the guild. :D Vimes has -no- idea how bad this is going to get...

I agree with what another reviewer said about Vetinari almost mentioning Keel being a bit odd, not just because it's said he didn't know until Vimes' return from the past, but also because him having known all the time would be -weird- in itself, and would have changed their relationship too much, imo (I'm not entirely objective though, because I don't like those kind of time travelling stories much to begin with); I think I would have liked it better if you'd left it at his shock at seeing Vimes, because that leaves it ambiguous, and you you're not sure if he can tell or not. Sorry, rambling a bit here.
Shandathe chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
Like. I thought you got Vimes just about right.

The only thing is that in Nightwatch that Vetinari admitted about not knowing about the Vimes-Keel connection until later.
notoriousreviewer chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
“I shall follow your progress with great interest. Now do not let me detain you, Captain K—Vimes.”

...SQUEE!...

That is all. :D **
Inveigler chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
“Yes, sir. I’ll try to remember that arresting thieves for thieving is against the law, sir.”

That made me laugh.

Yup, Vetinari really is crazier than Snapcase. But this is the Discworld. What did Vimes expect?
Estelle Tiniwiel chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
Nice concise little fanfic. Loved the way you kept them in character.
remove me please chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Quite interesting. I liked seeing how Vimes is regularly drinking by now, and how he never suspected he was going to be the captain.

Er... is this going to be a oneshot or a chaptered story? It feels like a oneshot, but it's not labeled complete.

P.S. I'd love to see more of your A Match Made in Heaven? fic. I'm really, really hoping that the label is lying and it isn't done.
sunset.rising chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Ooh... I really like it so far! Update soon, I'll be sure to read! :D

~Hilary
Big Cat chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
As always, very good job!

Very clever idea. And the final was absolute success! Good onya!

Cat
Lianhan chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Oh, loving the nearly Kell slip, this should make for an interesting read!
Magicflute chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Captain Keel? rotf! Love, love, love all your stories!

Wonderful!