Reviews for Bearable Imperfections
ms. s. peverell chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
This is a beautiful, sweet story. The emotions it inspires in me are in the same vein as the ones from the movie and I'm glad I found such a story that is able to capture the essence of the movie.
just jacs chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
aww that was lovely it tied in perfectly with the tone of the movie
H.M. Chandler chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
I enjoyed this very much. I always think it's interesting to see people's interpretations of what happens directly after the last scene of the movie, and yours was very poignant and well-written. I'll be looking forward to your next piece.
Tilts At Windmills chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
How wonderful to find another Finding Neverland story, and one as elegant and compact as this. You're quite right in keeping it short; a vignette of this nature requires brevity and a simple touch, and you pulled it off beautifully. Your dialogue is especially good, and I know how difficult it is to write speech from that era without it sounding stilted or overly-formal. I particularly liked this:

'THAT maple tree has the ability to become the most beautiful shade of turquoise. It has the ability to become the ugliest shade of gray. It can dance, and sing, and eat broccoli if I wish for it to. It's called imagination, Peter.'

Captures the nature of the film perfectly, as did this:

'This world’s imperfection leads to another world’s perfection.'

I adored that. Isn't it true that sorrow and pain so often leads to inspiration and creativity? That line is particularly poignant when one is mindful of the tragedy behind the creation of Peter Pan by the real Barrie.

I loved this very much. Bravo.