Reviews for Harry Potter and the Power of the Past
DylanL chapter 43 . 12/3/2014
I have read all the story to this chapter and i have to say it was fantastic. I think Tonks losing the baby was in everyone's best interest as it would have created some serious problems between harry and her as her pregnancy progressed because she would have reduced maneuverability and he would want her out of the fight, so I think it is good she miscarried that one. I would have liked a chapter at the beginning to explain how you got to the point you were at when you started, alot like how you did the epilogue chapter, instead of alluding to things he did, during the story. Also the title is kinda confusing, I thought it was going to be a time travel story, especially with how you have your summary worded. I also think you should have stopped this story after the epilogue, I felt that chapter ended very well for a story conclusion and it wrapped almost everything up so the sequel would be an optional read, which i like, especially when the sequel has yet to be started or is incomplete. This chapter feels more like a beginning for a new story and the Christmas chapters would go perfectly with that, so I feel you should take them out and re post them in their own story labeled as a sequel for this one, instead of having it continued here like you do now. I really like your portrayal of harry as a powerful wizard who has a dark side he needs to suppress, I felt that given canon harry's history, that was a much better portrayal than the one JK did but then again there are a lot of other changes to you harry prior to him starting Hogwarts in your story, so that could have contributed to the differences. I am looking forward to reading your next story, but I only read completed stories so hurry up and finish it, also see if you can cut the chapters down a bit, if i was reading the story as you posted chapters I would like the long chaps, but when reading a completed story I prefer shorter chapters, like around 3k-5k words each.
Darkened Void chapter 46 . 5/21/2014
I received your reply to my review of WOH. I was pretty close to finishing this story so I decided to wait until I finished and reply in the form of another review.

Really the most noticeable errors I caught were misspelled words, misused words and grammatical errors, but they were far from the worst that I've seen. If it were bad I would have stopped after about five chapters no matter how good the storyline was. Really limits what I can stand to read on this site. After reading this story I can see that you are improving the more you write, so kudos to you, man!

This story was another excellent example of great writing with an original plot. I saw sooooo many references to lines or scenes in the book and I loved it. It is rare when an author can make an AU that still gives shout outs to the book and make it work well with the story. I sincerely look forward to reading the sequel, which I assume you will work on after WOH is complete. Thank you for taking the time to write this. It has given me countless hours of enjoyment while I am bored at work or at home.
dino-usn chapter 46 . 1/1/2014
love the story, but didn't it end like, 6 chapters ago? you're definitely going to have to write a sequel now that you've been playing with our emotions.
JKStorm501 chapter 46 . 12/26/2013
Wow. Just wow. I loved this chapter a ton! I CANNOT wait until the sequel. Fantastic job on this. I love how long the chapters are.
shugokage chapter 46 . 12/26/2013
Nice job on this chapter and the story!
Guest chapter 45 . 6/5/2013
the story was great. thanks for your hardwork
Guest chapter 43 . 6/5/2013
I still don't understand how janus could have surpassed harry in such a short amount of time. As a wizard harry is in his prime so he hasn't lost any of his powers
Guest chapter 42 . 6/5/2013
I wonder how powerful harry is now
Guest chapter 40 . 6/4/2013
Awesome fight
Guest chapter 39 . 6/4/2013
Nice , though i had hoped that you hadn't killed fred
Guest chapter 36 . 6/4/2013
Instead of luck, harry should practice hi dueling. He should ask kingsley or sirius
Guest chapter 35 . 6/4/2013
Great thanks for including grindewald
Guest chapter 34 . 6/4/2013
Well done
Guest chapter 33 . 6/4/2013
Good plan
Guest chapter 31 . 6/4/2013
Good they got their revenge