Reviews for Harry Potter and the Power of the Past
endatime chapter 1 . 8/8/2020
i expect a writer to get to something interesting within the first chapter. after finishing the first chapter we have learned a few things.
1. harry is dating tonks
2. harry is a hit wizard
3. harry plays for the national quidditch team
and that's it. none of these can sustain a story. sirius escaping is something everybody has read about, the dialogue in the beginning is profoundly uninteresting, and everything "new" introduced to the story has been done and hashed over a thousand times. i do not have the patience to handle your writing.
also, harry's character is boring.
ta.
Random chapter 1 . 1/17/2019
I loved this story! One of the best fan fictions i ever read. I’ll be sure to recommend it to my friends.
DaSalvatore chapter 12 . 8/11/2017
Reading this story has allowed me to realise what it is about your story telling that doesn't work for me as a reader.

This is an interesting AU but your scene jumps have made it so that all I'm reading is essentially a collection of skits. While there is a story tying everything together, the scenes are far too small and without enough detail to make me interested in finding out what happens.

You are a decent writer who has some good ideas. I would highly suggest working on the pacing of your story (seven or eight chapter prologues or telling readers to keep being patient doesn't work) as well as growing your scenes so that we have a chance to learn about your characters.

Twelve chapters in and all I learnt about Harry is his childhood was the same as canon, he's got a deep rage inside of him and his marrying Tonks. I know absolutely nothing original about any of your characters apart from jobs/investments.
Katt chapter 1 . 8/6/2017
This is so confusing, I quit reading it and I didn't even go halfway down the page. What is wrong with you?
Corneliusduke chapter 47 . 4/24/2017
I found your story to be a little confusing. Way too much drama, for me, although you did complete your story (sort of). I like "Driftwoods", type of stories (although I'd like them to be completed). Yours seems to go off in strange directions too much. I'd like more of these to be after the war (With Tonks, Fleur, or Hermione). I do like Harry being as smart as Hermione (or smarter) that was right on. I like him being in Ravenclaw, and I also like Ron cast off like so much rubble. I do read a lot, and I read about Harry for a bit of light reading (check my profile). I don't like coming off as too negative. Keep at it and at least you completed it.
Guest chapter 39 . 3/29/2017
You have literally said that the story ends in 3 chapters roughy every other chapter for about 8 chapters now.
LifeBeyondTheVeil chapter 1 . 1/14/2017
Solid first chapter with plenty of hooks with all the favorite characters
tanzar81 chapter 14 . 11/29/2016
I hope you giving use everyone's blood status actually pertains to your fic. Because otherwise i don't really care who has what blood...

All in all pretty good fic so far. Thank you for sharing.
Spazzman29 chapter 41 . 10/9/2016
You made it blatantly obvious that Theodore was Kylie, I'm not sure why you didn't reveal it for so long. I knew it from the very start.
Spazzman29 chapter 2 . 10/8/2016
So other than quidditch Harry has none of his achievements?
Yaw613 chapter 47 . 10/1/2016
Please write the next chapter already. Thank you very much. I really appreciated it and liked it a lot.
elgreco93 chapter 3 . 7/30/2016
re
Octavius6 chapter 47 . 7/6/2016
Will there ever be any up dates to this story?
NatNicole chapter 47 . 1/15/2016
I love everything about this story!
NatNicole chapter 2 . 1/15/2016
Eh, I like my crazy theories better.
Awesome chapter, though.