Reviews for Harry Potter and the Science of Magic
geetac chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
I like the chapter
Boostercc chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Please write more chapters for this story please.
Remzal Von Enili chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
cool, logical harry I dont see many of these stories
Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Ravenwood240,

Although this is a very good first chapter, Ravenwood240, I noticed some inconsistencies while reading it. The first inconsistency was your explanation of how old Harry was when he was adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Morgan in 1985. Because Harry was born on July 31st, 1980, he would have been five years old after his birthday. However, if Harry was adopted before his birthday, then he would have been four and a half.

The second inconsistency is the list of classes students take at Hogwarts, both required and elective. First and Second Year students are required to take Astronomy, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, History of Magic, Potions, and Transfiguration. Electives offered throughout Third to Seventh Years are Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination and Muggle Studies. There is no mention in the books of an Enchantments class, nor is there a logical reason to have such a class, since the Charms class teaches students how to cast magical spells to enchant objects in behaving a way that is abnormal for said object to behave in.

I look forward your update of this story and your response to my review.

Sincerely,

Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom.
Jim Red Hawk chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
It appears you have a good story stared here. It is a dirty shame it has not been touched since 2007! :(

How disappointing!

JimS

Warlocke aol .com

PS. My screen name has NOTHING to do with Harry Potter. I have had it for bout 20 years or so. :)
EmmaRandomAs chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
lol... i know you werent planning up updatine regularly, but 4 yrs is rather excessive! i hope you decide to continue this story... its a rather intreging concept and i would like to see where you take it and how you develop it
Nebresh chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
I would love to see this story continued.
monbade chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
interesting start, to bad it seems abandoned

monbade
ILikeComps chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Nice start to your story and thanks for sharing!
deitarionSSokolow chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Interesting. Definitely lots of potential.

My advice is to take advantage of the fact that, given the "magic is energy and energy follows rules" point of view, Harry (and scientifically-literate people in general) are likely to occasionally surprise the wizarding world with questions and insight they'd have never considered

...but not always. Sometimes, Harry might have to discard old assumptions about things like electromagnitism and physics to make sense of things. (Can you tell I'm just finishing up a scientific reasoning course. :P)

Balancing the two so neither approach feels like it's always right will give you the most interesting story.
My Solitude chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
This is pretty interesting. I hope you update.
aka.thenewguy chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
A good start. A shame you have abandond it.
taintedlegacy chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Interesting start so far!
Obscure Stranger chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Interesting, and poor McGonagall having to deal with all the non-believers.
Anois chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Fantastic start. Hopefully you'll expand on it.