Reviews for Harry Potter and the Science of Magic
Sortinghat chapter 1 . 3/10
From my calculation I am going to conclude that the author in question had something bad to his computer and likely either couldn't afford a new one and/or got into the smart phone craze big industry is trying to push. *Mobile First Mobile Only*.

As a result of joining the smart phones are better then PC's crowd it's impossible to type on tiny keys and mobile versions of sites usually suck.

MS started the trend after the Apple phone came out which MS totally gave the finger to computer users after Windows Vista came out. Windows 7 is a fix for Vista because Vista has no driver support for a lot of things that worked fine on XP.

Windows 8 and 10 are geared towards phone users and is awful on home computers almost relying entirely on the broken app store and the Metro UI. There is a *classic* shell but it's more of an afterthought and not advertised very well.

Windows 10 when we first got it a lot of games would work with compatible mode checked for 98 or XP but after it's first major update then nothing would work at all and CD games would be physically rejected. Windows has little to no customization at all unlike XP or Windows 2000 kernal.
SortingHat chapter 1 . 3/10
I was too little to know what was going on then but in 1989 Dad was one of only 1500 users ONLINE using the Commodore 64 BBS system.

The cool thing was you could see words typed out in real time and add special effects both graphical and sound so if you send a Christmas card you can totally theme it using the SID chip for SFX.

You could actually see someone back space on the chat room when they make a typo or don't like how it came out and watch each letter vanish.
sortinghat chapter 1 . 8/25/2015
Aliens pleze allow da author 2 finish dis fic flick
nkh1 chapter 1 . 8/7/2015
Great start Harry and Hermione together right from the start. Hope the other stories finish soon this needs updating
Stormbringer117 chapter 1 . 7/7/2015
Please don't tear down everything, and say that everything in the magical world is stupid and should be done the muggle way. Muggle's lack magic therefore had to solve problem the hard way. Magic users have magical problems and solve those.

I would be interested to see muggle technology enhanced with magic, for example magically induced superconductivity(impossible to achieve for Muggles) for a MAC GUN/Magnetic, Accelerator Cannon /Coil GUN, Rail GUN, Gauss GUN.

And don't get caught up in pairings and side-story stuff, always advance the plot.

One more thing, If you give Harry a lightsaber, you must give Voldemort a Deathstar. Meaning if you give power to protagonist, you must give power to the Antagonist.

Cool story, good luck
Merry chapter 1 . 7/3/2015
I am intrigued. This promises to be interesting and a lot of fun.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/18/2015
I can't wait until your other stories are finished (although I am reading them also), this one is very interesting.
geetac chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
I like the chapter
Boostercc chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Please write more chapters for this story please.
Remzal Von Enili chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
cool, logical harry I dont see many of these stories
Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Ravenwood240,

Although this is a very good first chapter, Ravenwood240, I noticed some inconsistencies while reading it. The first inconsistency was your explanation of how old Harry was when he was adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Morgan in 1985. Because Harry was born on July 31st, 1980, he would have been five years old after his birthday. However, if Harry was adopted before his birthday, then he would have been four and a half.

The second inconsistency is the list of classes students take at Hogwarts, both required and elective. First and Second Year students are required to take Astronomy, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, History of Magic, Potions, and Transfiguration. Electives offered throughout Third to Seventh Years are Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination and Muggle Studies. There is no mention in the books of an Enchantments class, nor is there a logical reason to have such a class, since the Charms class teaches students how to cast magical spells to enchant objects in behaving a way that is abnormal for said object to behave in.

I look forward your update of this story and your response to my review.

Sincerely,

Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom.
Jim Red Hawk chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
It appears you have a good story stared here. It is a dirty shame it has not been touched since 2007! :(

How disappointing!

JimS

Warlocke aol .com

PS. My screen name has NOTHING to do with Harry Potter. I have had it for bout 20 years or so. :)
EmmaRandomAs chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
lol... i know you werent planning up updatine regularly, but 4 yrs is rather excessive! i hope you decide to continue this story... its a rather intreging concept and i would like to see where you take it and how you develop it
Nebresh chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
I would love to see this story continued.
monbade chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
interesting start, to bad it seems abandoned

monbade