Reviews for Feathers
rollongold chapter 3 . 9/20
I love stories that fill blank periods (the nanoha series has a lot of them I WANT MORE NANOHA AND FATE T_T) Nanoha injury has always been rather interesting to read about, the series itself barely touched on such a serious event and it's great to see authors expanding on it. I thoroughly enjoyed this story haha. It's always interesting to see Fates reaction to Nanoha injury and I like the idea of Signum beating her back into shape. Out of all the characters in the nanohaverse it genuinely feels like signum is the only lyrics one who can snap fate out of such a state, with her straightforward methods and and role as respected rival. Loved the story, thanks for the good read! (PS really like your Summaries! Not just on this one but all of your other stories as well haha)
Theralion chapter 3 . 9/18/2012
I would have liked to have seen more about Nanoha when she was conscious but still recovering, as Shamal implies in Episode 9 of Strikers that she hid her true feelings regarding the prospect of not being able to walk or fly again, and you can hear her voice starting to break as she recounts it.

But overall, this was an enjoyable fanfic about a topic that deserves a touching and emotional look.
Theralion chapter 2 . 9/18/2012
As far as I know, according to the fourth Megami Sound Stage, Hayate and Nanoha did rehabilitation walking together at some points, while Nanoha was recovering from her injuries. Still, the contrast between Hayate recovering and Nanoha being injured is quite effective.

Interestingly enough, I've seen Signum use the same tactic of deliberately insulting someone to break them out of a "Heroic BSOD" in two other fanfics, one instance involving Fate herself, and another instance in which what happened to Nanoha happened to another character (and on Vita's watch, no less). Fate isn't often shown angry (except perhaps in her confrontation with Scaglietti in Strikers), but it certainly seems in character for Signum to offer "tough love", often by being deliberately harsh to the person and then telling them what they need to hear, instead of what they want to hear.

Fate having only one final chance to take the exam seemed to be a bit of a contrivance to add suspense to the story. This may be because of the special circumstances, but Nanoha suggests in the second Megami Sound Stage that passing on the third try is actually quite good. A more plausible suggestion, in my opinion, is that as Nanoha was said to have taken a year to return to active duty, Fate's first attempt occurred around the time Nanoha was injured, the second was six months later, with Nanoha's recovery possibly still in doubt, and the third attempt is around or even after Nanoha completely recovered.
Theralion chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I like the idea of going into what happened during the time period Nanoha was injured. The story seems to work well with what little seems to have been implied about Nanoha's injury, and nicely focuses on everyone's emotional reactions to the incident. It's a tragic but also influential chapter in Nanoha's life (it's the reason she was hesitant to adopt Vivio at first, believing something like that was likely to happen again), that could have been expanded on more in canon, such as with a sound drama.
ZonaRose chapter 3 . 11/9/2010
I have enjoyed this fic. Thank you. Now on to White Devil.
Lance58 chapter 3 . 11/24/2009
T_T its nice _
World of Dragons Productions chapter 3 . 4/17/2009
Again with some very powerful stuff here. Unfortunately its really late now so my brain can't form anything to say. But beyond this good work.
lil34 chapter 3 . 9/1/2008
Man this one hit home. I was nearly driven to tears towards the end. I could totally identify with Fate (saying something but really wanting something else.) The story was written so well. The characters were believable. This was a great one. I look forward to reading all your other stories.
The New Mae chapter 3 . 3/21/2008
Aw. Now that story was just too cute. And you kept the characters perfectly in, well, character! Very believable. My eyes are watering at how beautiful this ficcy was.
AshLikeSnow chapter 3 . 3/11/2008
I.. wow.

Oh boy, this is just.. absolutely incredible. Seriously.

I had just finished reading your latest chapter of RoE when I though I might want to go back and re-read some of your older fics, inlcuding this one. Needless to say, I absolutely fell in love with this piece all over again, despite having read it before.

The emotions which were depicted, the simple choices of actions that were made, the descriptive, yet short wording, they all just felt as though they were used perfectly, and the way the story unfolded just felt spot on.

Seriously, I really love this story, and I feel as though this is exemplary writing. It makes my own attempt at fanficing seem awkward actually haha ; I really hope you are able to continue writing, since I noticed you mentioned at the end of RoE 5 you may be going into hiatus (even possibly permanently?) since to tell the truth, I found new inspiration in your writing, though I do understand the pressures of real life. Whatever you choose I hope you give it your all, good luck!

~ Ash
ShoujoGirl chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Thanks to fill the with Nanoha/Fate awesomeness!

Kudos!
Icarisain chapter 3 . 7/30/2007
Nobody ever starts from the end, but...the author's notes! You you you give me a hat too high for me to wear, you do! And I would never claim to be a Japanese translator with my standard, that'll be too thick-skinned even for me. *full-body blush* All ikka's pleasure to help, really. Even if I sounded like a prat while trying to be a constructive commenter.

Anyway, onto the fic proper. *tries to calm down*

Fate's visit at the opening was bittersweet and kinda poetic in a nice way, and it didn't feel too contrived or dramatic. That, I feel, makes it touching in its own special way...uh, not very good at describing what I mean, but...well. You know? Of course you don't, gah. Anyway, I liked it a lot. Even more so once I finished the part with Nanoha's awakening. *handshakes* Why the italics though? Don't really see the need for that, but hey, author's decisions should go first. Yeah.

Fate's short narration after that part was quite a nice stroke imo, since this is a fic from her point of view after all...I actually thought that the chapter ended there, it had such a sense of closure to it. *laughs*

As for the final part...people are going to need dentists with things like this! *prods* Hahahah. I've been reading more MSLN fics recently, and what this part has goes up there with another excellent piece with sweetness (except that one is much longer). ikka was smiling at the end of it all (: Just a bit of nitpicking though (and I'm sure of the info this time!) Nanoha is up and about at morning training already at 0715 hrs, the crazy workaholic. We can always reason that Fate and her share their days off though...*cackling* and that she was leaving only because of something she dropped at the office or something...yeah. Oh, and "day off" seems a better choice than "off-day" since the latter is so alike to "off day", just so I'd like to add.

So, unable to heap any more praise, this crazy long review shall stop here.

Saluations

-ikka
Syaoran Li Clow chapter 3 . 7/19/2007
¡Wonderful! Just wonderful

As you had say, it wasn’t tight to put them all love-love out of the blue, instead you made a good move with that (I assume) kiss in the very last scene. You know, since Nanoha save Fate from despair in the first season, all the fandom has cheered for them to be a couple; something that didn’t happen in A’s and isn’t happening (at least not right now) in StrikerS. At least we have people like you and Satashi, whose were able to come up with stories like this one. Congratulations.

Maybe StrikerS can development in something in the near future…
Arigatou Sheitarou chapter 3 . 7/19/2007
"Deep friendship", eh? - Kawaii! That last scene was adorable! I loved it!
NanoFate.us chapter 3 . 7/18/2007
Beautiful, I loved this last chapter.

Reading your fic from Fate’s perspective instead of from the sick one was a good idea, we definitely needed more drama here. I think the complete fic is well written, you don’t need to worry about it, and I like your style too, it’s distinctive.

Especially the last scene is full of WIN, I didn’t expect something like that for the end, won my respect.

I read the scene you posted in your LJ, it seems good, more Fate/Nanoha drama will be welcomed, and some romance as well.