Reviews for Climbing the Stairs
Darla Scudder chapter 1 . 1/19
love it. Kinda felt naughty knowing that much info about them. But I loved it anyway. Thanks
Allison'sGirlfriend chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
How is it that you make these hot and steamy stories where they don't actually do anything more than kiss? This was delicious. I could totally picture Emily's face during Lorelai's "oh my God"s. And I don't know why, but "That's very impressive" is SO Emily, I love it. This was wonderful my love. And I mean it about your writing just getting better and better. Excellent!
Ann Y. Mous chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
What a fun story! Loved Richard's stair moves and Emily's reaction to Lorelai's reaction! Great!
RiskaSG chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
This was wonderful, cute and funny and sexy, just everything. I like how Richard "demonstrated" his point, ROTFL, I so can see him doing laps on the stairs, the look on Emily's face and Lorelai's, especially when she realized what her Daddy was referring to. Great picture you created there, thanks. I like the concerns Emily had (no fan of the tears though, could've done without perfectly) and how Richard eventually convinved her to do the dirty again. Lovely banter you wrote there *nod* Thanks for this story, I read it three times now and it never gets boring.
Sandra chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
I love the “Something's Gotta Give“ reference with Richard climbing the stairs. It was so funny when Lorelai realized what was really going on.

It’s great that you keep the perfect balance between humor and drama, with the funny moments and Emily’s fear to lose Richard. Hope you write many more stories.
Miss GoodManners chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
Hi! I've just read it and I really adore it! It made me laugh,it made me smile,it made me angry,it made me happy!

First of all,I love Lorelai and Emily's interaction! Emily's really happy to spend some time with her daughter,she's happy that finally Lorelai seems to do something for her spontaneously and her cheerful and happy mood made me happy! I can just see Emily with her little smile on her lips and her eys twinkling with joy. But then Lorelai had to be her usual self! Fortunately,this time,she recognized her mistake and I'm really glad she seems to know her mother better,so better that she feels guilty for hurting her feeling in some way. And then,her reaction to her father's behaviour was just priceless! Something's gotta give! Fantastic! You know,ever time I thought about this situation,that movie popped into my mind! Specially that line about the stairs! Great! Lorelai's disbelief and "horror" was really...let's say I'd pay billions to see her expression(not that I have billions!).

Then Richard and Emily. Apparently Richard is playing the big boy again. He's stubborn and so childish sometimes,specially during his recovery. However,differently from the writers of the show,you've managed to give us a real Richard,a real person and not a flat character! He behaves in this way,but he has his reasons and he's not so blind,he perfectly knows why his wife is trying to keep herself calm,why she's always cooling down. And the way he talked to he,he told her how he felt probebly for the first time since his operation,the way he tried to reassure her was so sweet! His words were full of love as Emily's were. She's just perfect. Apparently,calm and rational as usual,but there,deep down,you can see this scared,worried and passional woman. You made this side of her surface in a great way and her tears were really heartbreaking. Their embrace was so meaningful,they don't need words to show their love sometimes! And the ending was just fantastic!

Really great job! I can't wait to read something else soon!

P.S. Not only Lorelai's reaction cracked me up,but Richard's “I think after forty-four years, I’ve learned when you’re angry. Actually, I think I learned that within the first forty-four minutes” really made me laugh heartly! It was a good line! As much as the tennis reference for their banters! So true!
Emily-RichardFan chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
I love it! This is the way our Emily and Richard are meant to be. Write again soon, please!
endybear chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
So cute. *huggles Emily* all that worrying and no sex no wonder she was a bit crabby lol. Great job.
Mary chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
That was so cute I loved it...Emily and Richard are so sweet together, I hope they live on in your stories for a long time...waiting for more...
amelia chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
Hysterical and sweet all rolled into one. I LOVED Lorelai's moment of realization - absolutely priceless!
Valerie chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
I’m glad Elizabeth encouraged you to post a new story. It’s really great. We saw so less about Richard’s recovery. I really had loved to see Lorelai’s face when she realize why her father was jogging the stairs up and down. And also Emily’s when she realize that Lorelai exactly knows what’s going on there. Love the reference of the movie “Something's Gotta Give.” You can really see Emily and Richard in my mind’s eye like she stands at the drink cart try to be calm not to yell at him because of his heart attack her fear it could happen something to him and his calmly voice to comfort her that he had get a clean bill of health and on the same way to let her know that he won’t wait any longer to make love to her. You really can feel the deep love between them. Can’t wait for your next story.

caramelapples chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
This was great! I loved it! I think you have a very good writing style and I enjoy what you've written so far! I hope to read more from you soon. :o)