Reviews for Darkened Threads
fiesa chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Some weeks after I first read this review I've finally found the time to review (and it's one in the morning).

I really like your writing style. You draw the most vivid pictures in my mind - I could see Mara sitting there, cursing Luke and cursing herself, hating him and herself. It's a fascinating view on their "love" you point out here. Your dark Luke is fascinating and I love the way he is so natural with the Dark Side, the same way he is with the Light One. If Vader had managed to win him over, he could have turned out like this. I also like the idea that Luke and Mara met at the Emperor's Court and that she married him and they have a son (Ben! thanks for including him, too). Their relationship is twisted, sad and full of hate and dark, dark love - and I like it. Hmm, makes me twisted, too, I guess

I especially liked the metaphor you used - or rather, Mara used: She is being bought. But, on the other hand, she is no victim. I don't know whether Luke wants to keep her to himself or whether Mara just feels like she is being locked away and restrained - but it doesn't matter, anyway, their relationship is a damaged one already.

Thanks for writing this amazing story and for sharing it here.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Now that is one hell of a twisted love. Perfect example of a destructive relationship. Very nicely done.
Shadow131 chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
This is excellent, you should be extremely proud. I didn't find it depressingly angsty, I found it fascinating and full of depth. I am intrigued, and while it stands well on its own, this could be easily made into a fantastic longer series, you clearly have all the talent in the world to do it with. My congratulations.
snarryvader81 chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Great story! Very well written!

-snarryvader81 (aka Anna)
Jedi-lover chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
Very nicely written. I don't know why I find Dark Luke so sexy. Of course, I don't like him written too dark. I guess I like more of a "Gray" Luke. You know, the benevolent dictator.

Beautifully done!
Skywalker chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Very nice! U should really continue this! I hope u answer some questions, like how Luke and Mara got to this stage and what they really feel about each other.
BlueSaber chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Horribly dark and depressing, but wonderful all the same.
Myriaddd chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
*sigh* That was beautiful. So dark and eerie, yet still something else entirely. I love your descriptions- they are so vivid it gives me shivers. This was great.
werelemur chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Wow. Very dark, very different, and creepily well-written.
Mara-the-Cat chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
I know u gonna continue this girlfriend!

*wink*
Now Unused chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
Loved it! Dark, but wonderful. Very well written...you portrayed Luke and Mara so well.

Dana