Reviews for Where's Waldo?
bhoney chapter 11 . 5/24/2008
Okay, so I actually paid to print this story out at the library when my computer was down, because I was sure I was going to like it, and I have to say, it didn't disappoint. I really, really enjoyed it.

I LOVED your use of flashbacks to show us times when the boys have been there for each other in the past. This is one of my favorite things in a SN fanfic, and you did a great job with them.

And the ghost of Gibbs, making Dean think Sam was dead-I was really nervous about that-was it all a trap? Nice the way you had it be none of the obvious explanations (not a trap, not true...). You really kept me guessing. The ghost aspect in the whole story was really compelling-intriguing and unusual, the way the replays kept happening. It was suspensful right up to the end.

I didn't know about the dry bite thing with rattlesnakes-I was totally freaking out when Sam got bitten. Loved seeing Sam be all protective, when Dean was hurt. That was a nice change. And I LOVED the banter throughout, especially when Sam was bandaging Dean up: "You are getting older and I'm sure your bones are more fragile. I'm just glad you didn't break a hip...And I see you've taken up rock collecting." LOL I was cracking up!

And then I totally wanted to cry when the re-enactment of Sam's final moments happened, and Sam was watching Dean relive that experience. It was SO gut-wrenching. But Sam understands better now why Dean made the deal, so that's good.

And how much did I LOVE that Dean saved Sam from the werewolf, when he could barely stand? That's our Dean! And how much did I LOVE when Sam got all dangerous when Mike was checking out Dean's bruising and hurt him? Sam! You wrote both of the boys so well in this story!

I'm a little intrigued by the whole "cursed state quarters" thing-is that a real thing? Mike was cracking me up with his conspiracy theories. LOL Glad Sam didn't leave Dean at the clinic while he went back up to face the ghosts. They're always better off as a team. Love Dean's confidence in Sam: "I'll take a guess of yours over other people's facts any day."

I LOVED the end, when Waldo strangles Dean, and Sam brings him back with CPR and his "best little brother voice" and then they actually talk about when Sam died, and how Dean felt about that. SO nice to see! Also, very elegant explanation of what caused the replay hauntings. Very original.

And again with the mention of Portland-you really are going to have to pony up a Portland fic! Loved the brotherly bickering at the clinic, and the hero vs. sidekick conversation in the car. And Sam making poor Dean listen to soft rock. Oh the horror! LOL

Great, great story. I'm adding it to my faves list, and officially adding you as a fave author as well. I know, your life is complete now. ;)
tanpopo chapter 3 . 3/28/2008
Well, you certainly got me here. I have no clue what's going on. Seems like stuff is somehow transported to that clearing and then away again... naw, I don't know.
tanpopo chapter 2 . 3/28/2008
As much as I appreciate you doing research, next time try to do something that won't leave you in danger of collapsing somewhere, 'k? Sheesh.. you definitely got some dean-ish qualities there.

I love Sam caring for Dean! Limp!Sam is great, but he so rarely gets the chance to shine and be the hero to save the day (and Dean). So - go Sammy!
tanpopo chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
Ooh, I really like this so far! Poor Dean, stuck in some hole with a concussion and that lying weirdo.
JackFan2 chapter 11 . 12/31/2007
A late arrival to this story and I just wanted to tell you how thoroughly I enjoyed this! Sam and Dean's characterizations were just perfect, you managed to keep the action moving with more emotional movement and light-hearted moments and brotherly expressions of love. Great balance and speed the entire time. Truely enjoyable in every way.

As a mother with two boys, I see Dean in my eldest and Sam in youngest ALL. THE. TIME. So this show has found a very special place in my heart. THanks for bringing it into sharper view with this one.

Bytheby.. I intend to read more of your SPN fics and really hope you'll grace us with another. It's what we all need to get through this idiotic writer's strike... not that I don't think the writer's have a point and that their needs aren't important, but I'm a fan first and foremost. :D

CHEERS!

Julie
brighette chapter 11 . 12/31/2007
Well, here I am again...I'm snagged for the moment ;) M, yummy Dean whumpage! Always good in my book. I also enjoy Sammy in protective mode, it's not something we get to see enough in the show. And once again, loved the parting paragraph, and especially the parting line. Brotherly goodness!
milkyway22 chapter 10 . 12/9/2007
Did I mention I love to learn new things? Well I do and I found it interesting all the little tidbits you included on the different burying rituals and the symbols and such that went with them.

Whew you almost made me cry this chapter what with Dean dying and the resulting death talk.

So wish I had a car like the Impala but I'm stuck with my lovely Chevy Avalanche ah well I do love the dual temp controls and the 5 cd changer. I could however do without the high payments lol
milkyway22 chapter 9 . 12/8/2007
*shiver* White water rafting no wayy did I mention that I can't swim and have this thing about water at least the kind that's not comin out of something normal like a shower. Life jacket or no my luck I'd hit my head on a rock and drown. Yes, I am a bit of a cynic so sue me.

Anyways back to the adventure! Great chapter as always! I know this thing says to give constructive cryticism but when you've already had like 3 ppl beta plus yourself there's nothing left to pick at. :)
milkyway22 chapter 8 . 12/8/2007
Ah stubborn and gruff dean I love a hurt Dean but I like it too when he has his usual demeanor back too.

Let me just say I got chills when I read that last part you certainly do a geat cliffhanger I'm just glad that the story is complete so that I can go immediately on. Okay so yes I try to read all the complete stories first and then if there are no more I go to the In-progress ones I can't help it I'm not much for suspense lol
milkyway22 chapter 7 . 12/8/2007
Ah they finally get a rest...okay back into the fray heh

That's awesome although my mom is most definitely not into this sort of thing in fact she can't even use the computer forget e-mail.

Yes I see myself as a dean type as well I think my husband does as well he does watch the show with me though not as enthusiastically as me he thinks I watch it just because the guys are hot...what that's not the only reason I love the humor and stuff too *g*. Yes I'm sure my husband sees me as bossy and sarcastic as well...its not my fault he knew this about me before he married me lol

But then the mouth is not a bad thing to be compared to now is it? :)
milkyway22 chapter 6 . 12/8/2007
Awesome chapter per usual and how fortunate that they should run into a medic and a bit of a fellow hunter in the middle of nowwhere in the woods eh? lol nice

Ah I just love long chapters and you do them so well its such a treat.
milkyway22 chapter 5 . 12/8/2007
Oh happy day action and angst! Got my blood pumping it did whew there were a few tense moments there but of course our brave brothers prevailed (why is it when I type sometimes I imagine myself with a english accent and saying words ah brave day and such? lol that's what I get for reading those historical romance stories I guess).

Hehe kids are so fun as long as they are good heh I love my nephew he's so fun to play with course he's only 3 and lives far away can't wait to have some lil ones of my own someday. :)
milkyway22 chapter 3 . 12/8/2007
What a twist having these ghosts (if thats what they are) enter the scene when we're already focused on the werewolf and the fact that he's out to get them. Very nice touch with the chinese double dragon daggers I love going to places and finding cool things like that such as when I was at a scottish festival in California and found a bat'leth yes I know a Star Trek Klingon Bat'leth I love Star Trek too and it was just too cool to pass up so I bought it. Love hearing all your stories at the end of the chapter very entertaining. :)
milkyway22 chapter 2 . 12/8/2007
Ah another wonderful chapter danger and angst abound! I must say that I really like the flashbacks your doing to a younger Sam and Dean they add a nice flavor to the mix. This is reading just like an episode or book very nicely done! I usually don't comment on stories till the end but find myself having too (plus I'm trying to get into the habit of reviewing at every chapter it saves my poor brain from trying to remember all the comments I had on this or that chapter heh).
milkyway22 chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I love the story so far I absolutely love long and well written stories and you my friend are giving me one so far. I can't tell you the number of summaries I've read and been excited to read the story only to get into the first chapter or two and find that the author failed to use the spelling and grammar check. Now don't get me wrong I understand the occasional one because even the spell check and the naked eye misses some but when its to the point I can't stand to read it because of it yeesh. Sorry just a pet peeve lol I'm loving all the detail you've put into not to mention the fact that your getting the characters right.

Oh yes I've been on so many airplane rides I've lost count (all because of the air force heh) and you get those occasional bad storms that scare the heck out of you and oh yes after seeing the airplane episode I think of them now when I fly and it gets bumpy. :)
202 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »