Reviews for French Lessons
Devi2509 chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
Simply Amazing
MasterSpy chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
That was beautiful. Fleur, with her innate beauty, can be painted as a two-dimensional, superficial character but your portrayal of her was brilliant. She was a considerate woman in love, just like any person in love, and I think it was a great way of showing how she had more depth to her than just arrogance.

What I loved the most was how it was through Molly's eyes: someone who we know is incredibly protective of her family. She loves Bill and I love how in the end, she appreciates that she has to share him with Fleur. I liked the idea of how, just like you can't chose your family, a mother couldn't chose who would become part of her family. Great little fic: I loved it! Thank you for posting it! :) Kay
deathisthenextgreatadventure chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
I know that story, Le Petit Prince! Didn't Saint Exupery write it after his own experience surviving being stranded in a desert?
PrincessLazyPants chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Oooh very nice! I love the Petit Prince reference! Can't wait for the companion piece.
Louey06 chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Thsi was very good. you portrayed molly and fleur beautifully.
baby doll chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
So, I read the French Inquisition, and I decided to read this one too. I feel kind of silly, because I have mostly the same comments. Just replace Ginny's name with Molly's, I suppose. It's very, very lovely, and I hope you write more soon.
JustKeepOnTheGrass chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
love this one too! i love the pairing of Bill and Fleur
laura-csm chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Great interaction between Molly and Fleur. And a great missing moment. Fleur has always been a favorite character of mine, and I'm glad someone other than BadMum loves her as well!
Ginnyloveswriting chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
It was adorable. Your story made me think … if only all moms-in-law and daughters-in law think like that. It was so beautiful Great job!
Fleur JulizzeD chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
I really like the way Molley begins to accept Fleur and that Fleur is not hurt by Molley disliking her at first.
Oh My Goodness chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
With Fleur/Weasley stories... we always see either the before or the after, and I never realized how unfair it was to assume that there was no in between until you wrote it down lol. I wasn't too pleased with Ginny & Molly's reaction to Fleur (not too surprised either, but watcha gonna do?) because it just didn't seem fair- awfully ironic, actually, how two women from a family that openly supports diversity in their world would look at Fleur and penalize her because she's different from what they expected, though I do understand that it wasn't really Fleur's Frech-ness that offended. I'm done blabbing, though. I really enjoyed this- it wasn't overly sentimental; just honest. And honesty's what you need when you handle something like acceptance, isn't it?

Also, this review is ridiculously long, but I think you'll appreciate this:

I, OMG, do solemnly swear to review all the stories I read, regardless of the number of reviews, its age, or anything else.

I have joined the review revolution.
Ky-lassassin chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Oh, that was so adorable! I loved the comments about him being "my Bill" vs. "her Bill". I loved the line "Our house did not seem good enough for her somehow, not with her long blonde hair and her big blue eyes, and her glow of beauty. It didn’t fit into our crowded kitchen, it clashed with our mismatched lounge chairs, and it made our crooked photo frames seem inadequate, somehow." It compared Fleur to the Weasley wonderfully.

You did Fleur's accent perfectly, by the way. [:

Great job!

~ Kyota
Steel-BonedSelaneen chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
You captured the 'motherly' tone wonderfully - thank goodness I have another 20 years until my little boys bring home their own part-veelas!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
I liked it. very meanigful. can't realy describe it. I guess Harry & Hermione are lucky they're already 'family'...but then, the fact that Harry & Ron are now 'brothers' is insignificant and almost petty compared to they ways they already WERE brothers. (sorry, but I was recently thinking about that.)
pippermint chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
With all the pairings floating about this fandom, I don't think that Bill and Fleur get much attention. Kudos for putting the spotlight on them and Mrs. Weasley, and for doing it well!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »