Reviews for Here Comes the Sun
handschuhmaus chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Believe it or not, it made me cry at the end. Just the juxtaposition of the friends dying with the insanity and the song...

Although, if you think about it, since the war is [presumably?] over and there's been a lot of losses-life, sanity, etc, and the song is really about the sun coming back out, AFTER all the disaster, so it makes some sense that there's ends to mourn and a new dawn appearing over the horizon, everyone waiting for it to break. (And the musing on the pacifist being dead, and it being too late to accept the apology, even though it had to count for something...)

Not a terrible thing, although from the title and summary, I had kind of expected a happy fic.

Hey, I'm listening to the song, now, and I'm still crying as I'm rereading the end while writing this review.

And, no, you absolutely cannot hate a man, no matter what he did, who is only half-sane if that, clinging to that one happy memory of his, humming the song, and joining in conversations about bubble gum wrappers.

Oh boy... I'm still weeping, and now I have to wonder if this song is gonna be linked with poor half-sane Sev for me...
twilightscallingme chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
I really liked this; it was different and thought provoking.
WayLowHalo chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Wow. This is good. Near the beginning I came to the conclusion that it was probably Snape's thoughts but then at the end it feels like it changes-presumably to Harry's? Is that right?

Good job, a bit sad, but I liked it.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
Oh, my. Whose point of view is this? There for a while it's Snape's and then it changes-to Harry's? Here's hoping Harry learns that much compassion.
summersgirl2526 chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
awesome but sad
PhoenixThestral chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Very nicely written. Great job!
whitehound chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Atmospheric and creepy. Is the person talking at the end Harry or another aspect of Snape, looking at himself?

There's a few typos in here:

who's head was too large for his body

Should be "whose".

If history really is subjunctive

I think you probably meant to put subjective.

he, who fought and cried and sometimes even laughed and sang with him

I'm not sure but I think it was probably meant to be "with them" at the end.