Reviews for An Arnold Visits Arnie essay
Haibara chapter 1 . 11/26/2015
I continue to be amazed and thankful for your analysis of "Arnold Visits Arnie" every time I read it. Thank you for making such a wonderful contribution to the HA! fandom.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Butterfree chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
I remember thinking the episode was all due fun but you're right, that the depth of Hey Arnold should never be overlooked. Great essay!

Queenie
nuwandasirius chapter 1 . 1/29/2015
This is one of those rare gems in the Hey Arnold! section where Lila is not demonized as a villain, but still has flaws despite her perceived "perfection" from her peers. Thank you for this!
AWESOMENESS100 chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Wow, that was helpful!
serendipityrain711 chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
Wow terrific essay and it makes a lot of sense. Arnold really is a hero and helga is really the girl of his dreams. I loved when it said that when arnold met hilda that he right away fell for her or literally "fallen in love". Very well written and a perfect example of how subconciously arnold loves helga which all AXH fans like me love to hear! :)
MorTay3 chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
I think my favorite thing that was said in all this was that Arnold could very well be that sex symbol of a teen. I believe deeply that if something tragic happened within Arnold's life he would lose his passion and will. I try to perceive Arnold in driven but plagued by his true moral self. I'm seriously you brought this up. Without his parents and his aging Grandparents, stress is bound to happen for poor Arnold as he ages.

Helga and Hilda are self explanatory. Helga is Hilda and it's nice that Arnold knows this. Which does show he is just as much in love with Helga as she is with him.

What confuses me however the most about any of this is Arnie, which was not explained. Is Arnie real or is he Arnold's alter ego. Or were him and Arnie the only "real" characters in Arnold's dream.

I always wondered about Arnie's character. He must be a relative of Stella, Arnold's mother. Phil has said in a episode before that Arnie is Arnold's cousin. So what's up with that? Of course you can't answer it but still it's concerning.

Clearly, Arnie is recognized by all the cast members but it's disturbing in a way.

Other than that your analysis was awesome. In total agreement!
Hanna Cabrodi chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
:')
*STANDING OVATION!*
Bravooooooooooooooooo!
Lol no seriously.
That is an AMAZING take on it! It makes PERFECT SENSE!
Wow! LOVED IT! *-*
MuffinLove03 chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Oh MAN, I loved this. Can't even explain it. I'd love to see you analyze other episodes! Like 'Married' and 'April Fools Day' for example. So good.
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Oh man, this happens to be one of my favorite episodes, and I loved how you analyzed it like a literary critique.

When I first saw this episode, I didn't get it or understand it, and even thought it was made to be freaky. I have a very good friend who wrote her own essay on this episode, and both essays inspired me when I wrote this big essay on Arnold and Helga's relationship. But I see very well now how important it is in regards to Arnold's feelings for Helga. I understand that Arnold and Lila are not romantically compatible. Lila is very simple and bland with her defense and hiding from her life problems. Just because she and Arnold are a lot alike with interests and personalities and while she makes herself out to be the perfect girl, that oesn't mean she's perfect for Arnold. She doesn't give him what he needs. He needs a girl who has many similarities with him, but can also compliment his differences with her own. Arnold and Lila would get bored with each other because they would lack heat and passion that would be evident between him and Helga.

It's very deep in showing why Helga is the perfect girl for Arnold and why Lila is not. This whole episode was made to complete the one-sided relationships first shown in "Weird Cousin." It helps to show that Arnold could fall for Helga (since he fell for Hilda, who is Helga without her bullying persona) and that he is aware that she loves him as well. My friend also agreed that Arnold hugging Helga is like his subconscious is giving him a push to help him realize that she's the one for him, and that him saying, "Wow, Helga, it really is you!" is also his way of expressing it, like he really means "It's you! You're my true love!" I especially love that you end the essay with it saying that "when he recognizes Helga for who she truly is, he will have finally met the girl of his dreams."

The overall moral of it is that Arnold needs to come to terms with his feelings on a conscious level and realize that he should not love the one who seems perfect (Lila), but the one who is perfect for him (Helga). Thanks again for writing the essay, I really love it!
Pink Lychee chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
This is very insightful and I have a agree on many levels. Arnold can't have someone who's just perfect like Lila, he needs someone who's flawed but perfect for him, Helga. I loved this. Thank you so much for posting.
Lordess Meep chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
I did think of quite the stuff which was written here (the whole mirror image and all that jazz)...but whoever wrote this did a serious analysis of Arnold. Of course, the only thing I really reflecteed upon was that if Helga were to show her Romantic side to Arnold he would totally fall for her. Just like how he did for Hilda.

Thanks for posting!
Mou224 chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Yeah, you're right, you remember me the ending of the "married" episode.
desired-hanyou-aly chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
that makes perfect sense and thats what i thought to but that person really broke it down forme even more than what i had thought. thanks for sharing
HeyArnoldfan chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Thanks for all the reviews guys! D It was a pleasure to post this for you!

BTW, I'm hoping to have my first fanfic up soon, so look for it! ;-)
AnimatedBritney chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Wow, that was great. Even though I know you don't own this essay, I thank you for providing it here on Very much appreciated. This makes me think of the episode in a whole different light(and it's been my fav. episode for yrs.!)...To Me at first, it was just the opposite for everyone in his town, except Helga. Since we all know she is a sweet girl, but is too scared to show her true self to Arnold or anyone else, too scared to see what they think. Though I think this essay diggs much more deeper into the real point of the episode, stuff I never even bothered to notice before. Again, THANK YOU FOR SHARING!