Reviews for Childhood's End
linkgold64 chapter 3 . 9/17/2014
great fic as always!

loved the ass-kicking everyone got, but to be honest I was hoping the amazons got there asses handed to the by ranma, at least a little bit, lol
Phemon13 chapter 3 . 8/21/2014
Wow. I can definitely call this one a lime! (Not a lemon!)
Granted, the rating is appropiate and the atmosphere is quite hot and sensual at times (Ch 2's bench and bridge scenes spring to mind) but there was absolutely no strictly "lemon" scenes!
And I believe that's what set this fanfic apart from the other M rated R&A fanfics! Some are usually too passion-filled while other spend too much time on the... discriptive scenes, but not one of them includes the awkwardness of adolescence in front of your crush! And, of course, the concequences of actually being a couple in the Ranma universe!
The realisticness of the story is almost unnerving. I could totally see the "control magic" and its side-affects as one of the fathers' schemes! And the way you neatly tied eveything together just puts the icing on the... I guess wedding cake?

In all, fantasic, very satifying to read, and will take a long while sifting through Ranma fanfics to find one this fulfilling! There is no hat big enough for me to tip at you!
Ibskib chapter 3 . 10/6/2012
An enjoyable story, and a pretty good explanation for their lack of maturity, it's nice to see a Ranma story were he doesn't just accept how much of a bastard his father is.
J Luc Pitard chapter 3 . 5/29/2012
Terrific story! You give a concrete reason for the immature behavior of our heroes. So many shounen couples could be explained this way... No, it's a seriously good exploration of what would happen if they suddenly behaved better toward each other. I especially love the mastering of the neko-ken. I was hoping that would be what the knot was since his abuse (under the guise of training) really does seem to be a scar on his psyche. Nicely written!
serenityselena chapter 3 . 3/29/2011
fabulous story...

re-reading it is always a pleasure _
Liung Arkeanda chapter 3 . 2/7/2011
Squee. That is all.

No it's not who am I kidding that was freaking ADORABLE! I squee'd. Though I guess you got that already.
WritingPen chapter 3 . 12/31/2010
AAAHG. Crazy good story! It's been ages since I last got caught in a fanfiction that kept me away from everything else...
Gabby-kun chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
I am very impressed by this story. I must say, of any fanfiction I've ever read, this one has the most innovative and alluring plot. I love your use of characterization and facts. I am eager to find out what happens in the next two chapters, but I have no uncertainty that I'll be beyond rapt.
shiro-wolfman-k chapter 3 . 9/10/2010
This is one of the most fullfilling stories that I have ever readed.

I loved Ranma, I do, but, now that I am more mature, and can see the world a little more crearly, I can see how Rumiko has done a great disservice to her characthers.

Almost All of them, to a degree show the mentality of a 9 to 12 years old boy or girl. Just for the sake of comedy and cheap drama. Even in her others creations she insist to uses those metods, in fact, Japanese mangakas thend to uses almost entirely those metods in ALL their creations.

Showing sometims relationships that are only based in punishment, and they whant to make us believe the "all men are perverts, and all women are saints" Like if a woman is unable to feel sexual desire and the like.

Well, I liked a lot how they showed maturity beyond what they where capable in the Canon, it's show a possibility, this is how they could have been a few years later.

I am not a lover of the customary Girl punch boy and that's the most pasionate kind of love that exist, that the japanese try to put in almost ALL of their stories. (In fact, that is a tendency lately, whit JK Rowlng puting the couple HErmione Ron in the canon, trying to show that once they are in a relationship, their problem, diferencies, likes and dislikes will sudenly change to fit the other needs. Because they can't dislike each an other when they fight so much for the most insignificant of things. They are doing it like a old married couple.)

Whit Ranma, their was a moment when I got Tired of Akane, and her "all men are perverts" crusade. I whent for other couples, but now that I readed the manga, I could see that, behind all the mistreatment, their was love, they really cared for each an other, but where pretty much, unable to show that whitout being consumed by their fears and pretty much poor education.

Then Akane Haters thend to put ALL the blame on her, when Ranma, has an almost big or bigger part in the problem, that he was not a saint and that he usually did put his foot too far in his rear EVEN when he was trying to Help, or to ask for Forgiveness.

Well, sorry if my english is not the best, is not my native thonge after all.
Katt1848 chapter 3 . 8/26/2010
omg awesome story!
XeonSlade chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
At the end, after knowing how ranma and akane have always acted and stuff, being so plain i was like, Something's wrong. lol
Paosheep chapter 3 . 3/13/2010
Well this was a fun little idea. Good stuff.
anthony883 chapter 3 . 12/29/2009
A simply perfect story the only problem I have is that Happosai was such a royal pain in the ass that he deserved worse than just a broken knee. However I can't help but feel sorry for Ukyo talk about getting dumped.
Zabimaru46 chapter 3 . 12/22/2009
umm, in the end when they say they let their childhood be burned, does that mean that the both lose their virginity?
MazokuRanma chapter 3 . 10/28/2009
An excellent story. The idea that Genma and Soun would do something so foolish certainly does nothing to stretch the imagination, and the 'permanent childhood' idea certainly fits with the actions of Ranma and Akane through the whole series.

Their antics do frequently seem reminiscent of the analogy of the young boy pulling the young girl's pigtails to get her attention, as he knows no other way.

As with all of your stories this one is well written, with few spelling or grammatical errors to get in the way of my enjoyment. An argument could be made that their adjustment is a bit rapid; overall, though, I felt the story flowed along smoothly enough that I was able to ignore it.

An entertaining story all around, and another fine contribution to the genre.