Reviews for The Little Things Give You Away
Helen delia chapter 10 . 5/13/2015
Will Patty or nero appear in this story?
levi97100 chapter 16 . 12/18/2014
This is amazing I read it all in one day XD I see you have A part to but it has not been updated in 2 years please update that so I can also read it.
SnowyWolborg chapter 10 . 12/9/2010
Vergil's reaction at the Transformer's movie seems very real. I would certainly believe he and Dante watched cartoons just like anyone else.

"Impossible."

That. Was. Pure. Gold.
Starlight-Ninja chapter 16 . 10/26/2009
This. Was. Awesome. Really, really awesome.
Arktos chapter 16 . 9/13/2009
Okay, first of all, I should mention that I did like this fic, and none of this criticism is meant to be personal AT ALL. As far as VergilxLady goes, this is pretty much the final straw in my conversion to the pairing, actually. XD

O-kay, first tip. Never, EVER divulge information the reader already knows in the first chapter. Ultimately, that scene was pointless in the grand scheme of things because the summary already went over the important bits: Vergil's still alive, Dante believes he may be able to save him. Really, confimation of that fact could have been condensed into an extremely short flashback as Dante reflected on things in the second chapter. Those kind of things are tough calls, I know, but I was teetering on the edge of quiting the story when I realized the majority of the first chapter was useless to the story. Try to limit time skips whenever possible, they can give even the best of stories a choppy, confused feel that makes it difficult for the reader to maintain their suspension of disbelief.

Next...the song lyrics. To Linkin Park, no less. As much as I am an unrepentent Transformers and Linkin Park fan, they went off into tangents or sometimes came off as forced introspection on Vergil's part. The idea of giving Vergil prompts to reflect on the situation was a good one, but it just came off as strange in regards to the DMC universe. I don't know quite how to explain it, but...it just bothered me.

I'd also have to say that the descriptions of hell, and the mechanics of the place, confused me a little. Not a lot, and it's not really a criticism, but I thought I'd mention it anyways. Besides that, good job on somehow developing the Vergil/Lady relationship without having it centre-stage...I was really impressed with how you managed that. And despite the fact I'm sure many would criticize the Vergil/Lady scenes that took place during DMC, I actually found them bizarrely in character. It's just...yeah, I liked it.

So, nifty story! I gues I'm off to read the sequel, and hopefully review that :)
ForeverBlue90 chapter 16 . 5/13/2009
Aw yeah! that was brilliant! i absolutly loved it!... though i wish Lady did a little more ass kicking and a little more bitching xD hehe... but thats my personal opinion... the story infact was brilliant!... now... where the heck is that sequel! I QUOTE: "the end? don't bet on it..."... there better be a sequel...
Karaii chapter 16 . 3/16/2009
Awesome fic XD It had me laughing really hard at times and feeling sad at others - brilliant! What a wonderful fic :D
Karaii chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Oh! What a good start to a long fic! I'm really interested and am going to keep reading *.*

I'm Mexican and a little nitpicky about spanish in fiction, but I must admit you did an extremely good job on it despite not knowing the language :D Even though this fic is long completed, I'm gonna try and edit your spanish just a little bit, hope you don't mind x3 You don't have to change it if you don't want to, it's completely understandable as it is - I just wanna help out to make it smoother.

"Mamá, Papá tengo miedo! Ayudanme!" - It should be "Ayúdenme" ;)

“Oh, my little one! Yo podré rescatarte!” - It would sound better to say "Yo te rescataré" which means "I'll rescue you" rather than "I will be able to rescue you" that you have right now :) Alternatively, you could also change the "my little one" to "mi pequeñita", which would be the right word in spanish
Feueriris chapter 16 . 12/26/2008
i just have to leave a review

despite that my English …well…lets just say my writing skills could be better…..slightly…..*sigh* a high five to the dictionary

but I read

The Little Things Give You Away

99 Bottles Of Beer

When Worlds Collide

all in one….i put you on my alert list…..and reread all of them

awesome stuff im not kidding…I read a lot on …but honestly mostly its just awful or smut…..well nothing against a little smut *devil grin*

but what I really loved at the end of The Little Things Give You Away was that there were serious hints…the-ones-with-hammers-and-nails-hints….but no actual romance stuff…*thumbs up*

and the humor hilarious…and i love the friendship between Dante and Lady and the rest of the team…..its just nice to look at…besides in my opinion the poor twins needs all love they can get….that reminds me *stomp of towards DMC*

that was number one…

seeya

khao
Eric Draven201 chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
HA! I'll be your 200th... I was wondering if and when you are going to grace us with anothr one of your tales?
Takuma chapter 16 . 9/27/2008
WOW! I just found this story the other day. THIS is a story that should be turned either into an Anime Episode/ Movie/ video game (if it's RPG). lol! This is absolutely awesome!

Such a shame this fic is completed. Is there a sequel?
infraredphaeton chapter 16 . 6/14/2008
Wow, this is a really good story.

Great characterization, great story ideas, and I love the vibe I get off Dante and Vergil's actions. Very sibling like.

Also, the way you worked in the music, and the way the whole group went WTF and stopped fighting when Celine Dion came on... it was perfect!

The story was definitely in the spirit of the game, and for that, well, well done.
Reijou chapter 16 . 3/28/2008
Ah... I loved it! D

Loved the humor you put into it, too, it made it a more enjoyable read. So great job! (hands over a bag filled with cookies)
cerberus angel chapter 16 . 3/20/2008
I love this fic! It was so much fun reading it. I especially loved the interaction between Vergil and Dante and connection between Lady and Vergil. I can for the sequel!
Yullie Black Uzumaki chapter 16 . 3/15/2008
Only one word: Perfect.

This fic is totally well written, and perfects humours timming!

I'm just amazed! 8Dd

And I loved too the choiche of musics! xD

Oh! And why don't you do one continuity for this fic? It'll be great if you do!

Bye now! o/