Reviews for Every Which Way But Schrute
monkaholic chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Oh, this was so great! I was lost in the beginning, but once I got to the feature presentation part I fell in love with this fic. Michael's story to the fetus was hilarious. I loved all of Dwight's parts, very in character. And the last part where Dwight asks Michael to be the godfather, oh, that melted my heart! And Michael's talking head right after that was so incredibly sweet, and the Brando impressions were very in character. You captured everyone magnificently, great writing!
ZuksGaia chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
That... was completely disturbing...

...and it's amazing you captured all of the disturbingness surrounding the Dwight x Angela ness of it all...

You deserve incredible praise...
Alex Wert chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
"Michael: You know, I have been in this labyrinth for days now and... I haven't seen David Bowie, I haven't seen any Muppets..."

That part physically hurt me. I think I have a hernia now. Good thing I live in a country with free health care. Also, due to that fact, I have had Star Wars Hockey Dreams. They're cool. (I think cool is the word I'm looking for... or is it dorky? Definitely dorky.)

You know, one of these days you're going to write an entire fic of previews, commercials, teasers, PSAs, and various other filler with no plot whatsoever and I don't think any of us will mind.

-signed 'one of those bastards'
Aracalien chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
You really have the best similies "he deflated over the table like a spent condom". The scene with Michael approaching Creed made me laugh out loud.

I really hope you go on with this, this is halarious stuff.
JamieBell chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Wow...amazing! Such characterization! I loved the teasers at the beginning. I totally laughed out loud when Dwight was dictating his email. I hope *you* don't hope that people bleed out the back of the ambulance when they don't review! ;) Great story! Looking forward to the next update!

Always,

Margaret
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Why do I get this sinking feeling that Michael would pull a double murder in some insane plea to get custody? Hmm. I can see the headlines now...

But- I must tell you now- this is probably my favorite of your recent additions. Purple Rain and Jan's Labyrinth- I laughed SO hard. It probably helped that I saw Pan's Labyrinth when it first came out in theaters (I was trying to get extra credit for Spanish, but no dice. Still really good though.) and I just rented the original awhile back... I want a David Bowie tshirt. Seriously. He rocks. Guyliner and all.

But yeah. I nearly hurt myself over those. The lyrics you quoted- I just heard that song on the radio the other day. *headdesk* Can't remember the artist though. This is infuriating. But the guy in the hotel lobby and the chick with all the sex toys and the note... UGH.

But thank god for google. Nikki by the Foo Fighters. There we go. *nod*

So many good parts in here. Mangelwurzel. Where do you come up with this stuff? Michael the assassin (doesn't sound like a bad idea to me... he might even get a parade in his honor. But then we would have Cheney for president, so... maybe not. O_O).

And that scene with Toby! To have something that touching and realistic in the midst of all this nonsense- amazing. The last line was just the sort of imagery I like to hear.

Other than that- shame on you for making Uranus jokes. I'm so disappointed in you. You know better than that.

Uhh... starting organizing the collaboration next week.
MoonGoddessShadow chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
I wish you wrote for the show. It would be that much better with you. This story was great, ranging from sad to hilarious to poignant throughout. And the little teasers at the beginning and end are fantastic.
Cousin Mose chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Jack: I made it approximately half way through the coming attractions before realizing I had better open a word document and start taking specific notes about this story before I was consumed by it’s awesomness. As a result, this review will be a laundry list of some of the things that required extra oxygen to be administered to me.

-First of all, you had me at the title, but…coming attractions? Jan’ Labyrinth? Holy. Cow.

-Uranus is one big ball of gases, Kevin.

-“The Star Wars Hockey Dream feeling of knowing that his essence had successfully impregnated a woman had faded and the thundering realities of both his impending fatherhood and that horrible implication that avoiding the missionary position was not a practical means of birth control after all had begun to set in.” I am pretty sure this is the funniest line ever written. Wait…I just read the Alien reference.

-Dwight writes Galactica fanfic? Well, of course he does. (And I hope this means I never have to bleed to death in the back of an ambulance!)

-You and I are starting an industrial rock band called Mangelwurzel NOW.

-“thirty one flavors of pause?” Thirty one flavors of brilliance.

-Weren’t Don Coyote and Sancho Panda cartoon characters in the 70’s?

-“To be a Schrute was to forever know that you were part of something larger and more power than you could ever be alone. It was like being part of a virus colony.”

-Toby’s shattering smile. Amazing. And that other job sounded perfect for him, too.

Wow. Just…Wow. Jack, not only is it an utter thrill to have you back, but this is among your finest work to date. Take a bow, my friend, you’ve earned it in spades.

-Mose
wellthatdepends chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Oh, this was totally random.

In a good way.

Your Dwight is hilarious. From the Battlestar Galactica ff, to the insights about his family, to him at the comic store.

Was the naming of the comic store owner Banky a subtle reference to Chasing Amy, by any chance.

Also love how you wrote Toby and Creed - two rather unappreciated characters in ff. Creed is always hilarious and I can't help but feel sorry for Toby.

Anyhoo, great job with this. Loved the trailers at the beginning and end.

Great job.