Reviews for Absolution
Dahlia chapter 7 . 8/17/2013
Very satisfying ending - very much unlike the movie. Loved your use of language and turns of phrase.
Archivist chapter 7 . 4/9/2011
Awesome fic. Norrington was very IC.
Randalish chapter 7 . 12/6/2010
This story was... a series of revelations.

It surprised me, it made me laugh again and again, it moved me and it held my attention fast from the first page to the last, but most of all it made me pause every few minutes and mentally say "Yes, -this- is what Norrington is about, -this- is how the characters could truly be motivated, -this- is how it all makes sense."

It's also a very original take on this concept, and a very original way of dealing with the characters' relationships. Each development managed to surprise me and at the same time seem to flow logically. I certainly did not expect the ending to take quite the shape it does, but I really like it. A happy one in every sense of the word, but not the usual "happily ever after" nor tragic or bitter-sweet. Rather it is happy because it puts Norrington in a place where the reader is confident he will be able to successfully confront the untold troubles that are undoubtedly going to keep rearing their heads. As such it feels much more... solid, in a way, than endings that neatly tie everything up. Kudos.

Anything else? It probably helped that I seem to like the same characters you do, I'm not sure if a big Will fan would like this story as much. But I liked how even in portraying Will and Elizabeth as more flawed they still were sympathetic.

Anyway, it's late and I'm out of thoughts. Thanks for writing.

I wonder if the next time I eat a mango I will think of Norrington as I try to limit the messiness.
Ammitt chapter 7 . 9/22/2009
I am thoroughly pleased that Norrington has realized his deepest wish. Will there be another chapter to this story or was this the final?
ArmoredSoul chapter 7 . 2/12/2009
Okay.

...

*trying to puts thoughts in order*

That has to be the most amazing, incredible, insane twist of fate on the face of the universe.

To have this- this- idea seems too mundane a word, but I cannot think of another- this idea fall from the heavens into your consciousness, and to have you spill this notion into black and white letters so readily, so fluidly, with no pause or hiccup in the motion...

It is magic, in literary form.

The character of James Norrington is one whose roiling, tangled depths are hidden in the facade of propriety and manners, summing up to one of the most intriguing and underrated beings ever created to exist in a fantastical realm.

And you bring him to full light.

His hopes, his dreams, his insecurities, everything has been observed, dissected, and laid out in plain sight for the world to see.

A thankless, daunting task you have undergone, and brought beauty from the toil.

Brilliance, in the most extravagant and well-meaning of descriptions.

I commend you, your efforts, and the fruit of those efforts.

Well done.
ArmoredSoul chapter 6 . 2/12/2009
Oh Schei├če.
Rain the Revenant chapter 7 . 10/13/2008
God damn you, I came to your fanfic profile from a search for Robespierre stories, and now I'm hopelessly enamored of That One British Dude from That Disney Movie Based on the Rollercoaster With All the Robots. At this rate, I'm going to develop a powdered wig fetish and DIE ALONE.

No, really, this was fantastic. I nearly cried. Twice. This. Never. Happens.

IT WAS SO AWESOME. Norrington, why are you making this happy ending so difficult? And the hurricane - was that in the movie? It's been awhile. If you've invented it as a patch, then it was a damn fine patch indeed, a shining example of a patch - I was wondering where Gilette went. If not, then you've certainly used it well.

Really, just *incomprehensible squee*. Love! Six outta five!
jelibeanne chapter 7 . 12/15/2007
Haunting... what a beautifully written story. Very sweet. Very touching. Very moving. But without any saccharine sentiment. Color me impressed. :)
madscott chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
love it!
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 7 . 10/12/2007
Wow. Now that a very twisted chapter. Oh well.

Love the plot of the story. Is there a seguel?

Let me go check...

Nope. none that I can see. Anyway... thanks for posting this fic.
RebelX chapter 7 . 9/4/2007
Ah that was beautiful.

I adore your James, and Gillette, and...well actually I like the way you portray all the characters.

And especially Calypso- love the way you handled Calypso, and the Dutchman, and their weird relationship with James.

All in all, sad yet heartwarming at the same time. Beautiful piece.
Acanthusss chapter 7 . 8/4/2007
This was really a fantastic fanfiction. I read it all in one night, and each chapter was written superbly and engaging. Characterization was spot on, as well as the dialogue. You narrated through the passage of time flawlessly, summarizing years and mapping out particular days at once.

I especially liked all your descriptions and details, metaphors and similies of the sea and Calypso. The great friendship of Gillette and Norrington brought several grins to my face while reading.

And although the story concludes allowing for continuation, the ending was just right. The baptism and benediction line is a real favorite.

Thank you so much for sharing this story!
roberre chapter 7 . 7/20/2007
Spectacular story.

Lazy as I am, I'm just going to reply to the last chapter, because I can't be bothered at such an early time in the morning to actually post seven times and continue to be creative in my praise with all of them. xD

I absolutely adore it, in any case, you really get Norrington's character smack-on.

I like how Elizabeth named her other child 'James'. That was sweet ( sweet as in 'aw' not as in 'cool'). "

I like the Flying Dutchman's adaptability. I always did like the Dauntless.
Hecate chapter 7 . 7/9/2007
I agree with Gillette; I'm suspicous of Elizabeth. I hope you update soon.
Sachita chapter 7 . 7/8/2007
Oh- I honestly loved this story.

It was very well-written and I enjoyed to read about a character, which doesn't appear in much stories.

Also the friendship between Gilette and Norrington was very realistic and his stiff, formal attitude...-you managed to keep all of them in character.

Great story!