Reviews for Someone To Watch Over Me
Rubyslippers89 chapter 4 . 7/7/2007
This is an amazing story-I read the first story and went straight on through to the (current) end of this one, all in one sitting! You've even gone and converted me to 'shipping Toby/Manny.

I love the well-rounded, slightly insecure Toby you've written here, he's very realistic and in character.

Waiting on the next chapter with bated breath, so update soon!
ElliotAldersons chapter 4 . 7/7/2007
Ahh no Toby! Dont call Kendra back! (OMFG, I almost typed in "Clara" there. Lol. Wtf is wrong with me?)

I think I might know whats wrong with Kendra, but then again you could possibly totally turn it around and make it the complete opposite of what we're all thinking. Lol.

I also liked the CrAsh, Sellie, and Emma scenes, even though there wasnt enough Tobanny, it was still a great chapter. I loved the foreshadowing. The insecurities that Toby has about his body seems so like him. You dont really see a lot of TV shows and stories touch upon male insecurities like that. I hope Manny proves to Toby that he's attractive in his own way. XD (Personally I think he's a total cutie. Lol.)

Annd, thats all I have to say about this chapter.
Maibe Josie chapter 4 . 7/6/2007
Just a question. I've never heard of a Confirmation in the Jewish religion. I mean I was raised Catholic, so we had Holy Communion in 3rd Grade, and a Confirmation in 8th...the only thing I've heard of for Jews is the Mitzvahs (yea I can't spell). So I wasn't sure if it is actually something, if it is could you explain it to me? thanks.
lalatina15 chapter 4 . 7/5/2007
Emma this chapter reminded me of Secret/OLAS Em, seriously. You did a good job with a character I am less than fond of... :) And then her and Spin have like this weird nice effect on each other that I'm strangely enjoying. I have no idea how you've done this! Bravo!

I liked that you expressed Toby's insecurities about his body and being able to be with Manny when she could go for someone "better." I think it was very in character of him. It's always nice to see a different perspective on body image - from a guy. Good job!

Btw - why must you always have any party Sellie are at end up going wrong? LOL MAMA! I did enjoy all the party-stuff though, and Marco's undying love for Craig... I sensed a "vibe" ;)

omens chapter 4 . 7/5/2007
Aw. The whole thing was adorable. From Emma to the party to Manny's message. Too cute for words. :D But Toby...he needs hugs.

Kendra...I think I may have an idea what her 'problem' is and something tells me the fallout all aorund is not going to be pretty.

Love it. Love you. Impatiently awaiting more.
ElliotAldersons chapter 3 . 7/2/2007
This is a totally cute story so far. I love how you've written the Toby/Manny relationship. Their friendship on the show is so under appreciated and really sweet. And I agree with you about the JT/Emma/Toby/Manny friendship. I liked that a lot in the beginning of the series.

Anyway, back to your story. Sounds like you're foreshadowing a Toby crisis here. It reminds me of the episode where Toby starts getting an eating disorder because he wants to join the wrestling team. I hope Tobes doesnt start to feel too terrible about himself. *huggles Toby* He's such a sweetheart. And Peter and Sully are jerks. I wanted to smack them so hard during that locker room scene. The ending totally made up for it though. Hopefully Toby doesnt have any doubts now that Manny wants him. XD

Update fast! I love your stories. They're probably some of the best Degrassi stories I've read. :-) Not too many people can take a totally unconventional and never used couple and make it something great like this.
lalatina15 chapter 3 . 6/30/2007
Toby shouldn't have to THINK about anything. They should just bang dammit! LOL Then again, okay, okay, it's more in character of him to give it some thought. But I loved how happy Manny got after he told her that he'd think about it. Aw!

Sully/Nate/Peter all in one room? I never thought that was possible! I swear, I use to think of them as all one person, LOL. Apparently I was wrong P

Oh, and is Christy talking about the vibes btwn Sean and THE CAR? 'Cause that's all I was getting - he was definitely showing it some love! P I like seeing S/A friendship scenes - I think they're cute! Now, NO PARTNER SWAPPING THERE! Thanks.

ps. I think this is my most random review yet!
omens chapter 3 . 6/30/2007
Aw. As much as I hated Sully in this chapter, the last part was so cute that it just made him look like a bigger idiot.

But really-can't they just do it already cause you're killing me here. :P

So very cute. And I needed cute today. *hugs*
lalatina15 chapter 2 . 6/24/2007
First off, nice little aw to Crash in the first part! (thought I'd say Sellie didn't 'cha? HA!) They were just so very, THEM. I don't know what it was about it, but I feel like you captured their spirit just right. As for the Sellie, ALWAYS cute. Loved getting Mr. Nash back! And I actually liked the Emma/Manny scene. Chocolate carrot sticks! Then lunch with Toby and the Santos fam., how adorable was that? Especially with him saying grace and Joseph really liking him. ) As for the end... no more love triangles - PLEASE! Christy is scaring me!

omens chapter 2 . 6/24/2007
Ah! Bad Toby! Don't talk to Kendra!

You wouldn't happen to be setting us up for another triangle, would you? *evil glare*

Hard to believe, but it's even cuter than the first chapter. If you keep that up, I'm gonna be a big pile of mush by the time you finish. And even the CrAsh is kinda cute-but don't tell Kate I said that. The real thing's not as cute as your version. :P
malloluvsya chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Holy cow, that was amazing Nikki! Spepper, where have you been all my life?

I really love the way you filled us in with what happened over the break, and then how Manny and Toby kind of got to wheret hey are now. They are so adorable. And Toby's speech at the party about Manny. Could he get any sweeter? She was so sweet all blushing. And no sex? I guess it would be too good to be true with it being only the first chapter. KENDRA? NO! Please say it ain't so. She must leave Toby alone! Can't wait for what's to come.
lalatina15 chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Nikki, why didn't Spepper bang? I mean, they WERE at a hotel - so why not? LOL - just kidding. Don't pay any attention to me, I'm just overly excited to finally be reading the sequel! It's incredible how easily you are able to transport of back into your Spepper-verse and have us feel as though we'd never left. Your stories always have a certain feel and vibe to them that I love so much, they bring the characters to life. You haven't missed a beat yet with this one. I'm right back into it... I'm excited for more! )

ps. If this doesn't make any sense, attribute it to it being me - I NEVER make sense!
JM2K chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Off to a nice start. I especially liked the scene in which the elephant saved the turtle from that mean mouse. Bad mouse. Bad.
Richi03 chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Incredible as always. I'm really happy that you're expanding on Emma and Spinner this time. And Kendra...oy, better not mess with Tobanny! I'll have to kick her butt. Anyhow, I can't wait for another great chapter :)
Maibe Josie chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
I really wasn't expecting a sequel. But since you're the only one that can pull off Tobanny in any shape or form, I'll allow it. Heh. It's already looking incredibly good from what I've read, and you know I'll keep reading.

181 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 Next »