Reviews for What Did You Learn in School Today?
Mimic chapter 4 . 8/23/2013
There was a link to this story in one deviantart image, so, before starting to read, I read the notes and though: "Okay, lets go do this. Must read BE from the beginning." So, I have no idea how much time later, I finally am at this story. The story that presented me to you.

And it was worth every second, this story, the whole universe, is incredible.
I think this one is my favorite so far. It could be because it is funny, but actually how you showed their weaknesses in a beautiful way. They behaved like sensible persons who really love and try to understand each other. Who put the need of the other ahead of his own, because the other IS her need. This is marriage. While I'm young and never married or have children, so I have no idea what it is like, I feel like I could tap in this universe of the perfection in the imperfection that is how I see long lasting marriages.

At the middle of the BE universe (or what I've read until now, so that would make everything that happened before the weeding) I was a little confused, seeing in Shego a person I miss a lot and seeing the mistakes I made in the things Kim did that Shego disliked. And this leading me to think if this is normal with everyone. Then I has seeing the "man" in Shego, in the way she coulnd't say no to Kim, went with the readhead whims and was more romantic, while Kim has the female because she expressed emotional control over Shego, always having the final word, but I realized that was me stereotyping.
This story brought me back to reality, as now I can see cleary how you managed their verisimilitude, they are real, they are persons. This is the only Kigo I've read were I don't see any flaws in personality, with thing not being only plot driven because the author wanted so. You really made me believe in them as people, who live their daily "normal" life, as normal as Kim life can be anyway. Shego becoming the "common" between the two might seen strange at first if you think in reprospect, but following they path, I can't see any of them different than they are. Actually I think I may never be able to develop a Shego of my own after reading yours, so you crippled my never born fanfic skills, haha.

Some people may complain about OOC, but for me they are actually whole new persons, that you've brought into life, based on Disney stuff. Their Disney broken counterparts would never be this deep, mainly because, well, it's Disney. So, King, you've made a public service "fixing" KP.

I'm glad there's more kinky, fuel is fuel, good fuel is better than good, it's the fun part in marriage, I guess. At least for those "looking" at it, like us, readers.

This review is a little too personal, but I wanted to give my impression instead of "what I think about it as literature". There are better people to do it than me, as I'm not any expert in English literature, I just tap into Portuguese ones. This might explain any weird "wording" or mispells, for which I'm sorry.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 4 . 4/29/2010
Aww, this gotta be one of the most adorable things I’ve read lately. It’s reaching the point where I’m getting really amused at how you keep making KiGo interesting despite so many things happen. This whole contrast between exciting life and boring dullness was a surprising element and well dealt here, and I loved how Kim re-rationalized everything based on Bego playing Chess with Helen. XD

Nice to see the twins having a little more role, this being the first story (without counting Follow the Queen) where they got more than one line each and a bit of their misadventures is shown.

Also, is it me, or was this actually the first story with Barkin having a relevant role? I always kinda liked Barkin, so seeing him present was something nice for me, even if the situation was beyond ackwierd. _U

Oh, and I almost forgot, that black hole comment I made in one of my past reviews? I was just pulling out a joke, but I guess humour isn’t always so readable, maybe I should use more of the expressions like “XD” in my reviews.

Anyway, lovely story, and like always, looking forward for the next.
Yours, “Reviewing himself” Alexander/Alexlayer.
Take care!
Itachi's aprentice chapter 3 . 4/7/2010
Great work.
Itachi's aprentice chapter 2 . 4/7/2010
Great work.
Tjikicew chapter 4 . 7/23/2009
And I thought I had a weird marriage. Love is a fickle thing they used to say, but Sharon and Kim prove it untrue.

I admit when Barkin barged in, I was apprehensive what was going to happen.

Good story, outstanding use of the English language and fitting nicely in the story arc.

Thanks for the share!
ginna5683 chapter 4 . 10/28/2008
WOW thats all i have to say. great story very WOW!
Mirenope chapter 2 . 6/4/2008
HaHaHa! I don't care who ya are, that there is funny!
Urban Cowboy chapter 4 . 9/10/2007
I'm curious to know what Barkin does with his desk. And my my I never how naughty Kim could be. I liked the other stuff in this story too, how insecure Shego was and how she finally got the guts to tell Kim how she really felt and how surprised she was to learn that Kim was just as afraid. Great story.
A Markov chapter 4 . 6/28/2007
"Okay do you know what my second worse nightmare is?"

"Kim, you talk too much."

Great lines and a great ending to a nice little tale of love and insecurity. Kim and Shego finally start talking, but they still aren't listening. A very nice piece of the BE Pie.

Alex
Daryl chapter 4 . 6/21/2007
great story. glad you wrote it
Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 4 . 6/21/2007
Kasy, Kasy, Kasy. You don't put ice cream in the toaster. Ice cream goes in the VCR.

Second anniversary with two kids and both of them are more insecure about their curent relationship than Ron ever was when he dated Kim? That's actually very sweet, in a bizaro world, twisted logic way of thinking. But I suppose it's bound to happen when you know your partner is incredible but you think that you aren't good enough for her.
shinneodeus chapter 4 . 6/21/2007
Nothing much to say. so I will say enjoyed their talk about their respective fears. didn't expect Shego to be the "mundane" one in the to see they voiced their worries. So don't worry about being chatty. I enjoy greatly the dilaogue between Shego and Kim.

Read you later!
mouserr2255 chapter 4 . 6/21/2007
i dont even know where to begin with the review of this last chapter ... i was kinda surprised at the reasons on both sides for their insecurities with each other ... glad that things didnt deteriorate into a serious war between the two

RickQWERTY chapter 3 . 6/20/2007
OMG! Kim is really in trouble now, my guess is that she's in for one spanking once she gets home ;)

Great story as always KIG please keep it up, can't wait to see it happens next since, they've done it in the homeroom and the principals office so what's left?

My suggestion the art class they could knock over some cans of paint and leave behind some very interesting art work ;)
A Markov chapter 3 . 6/20/2007
A slow start in the first chapter. Seemed a little flat, either too polished or too rushed, not sure which. Still had some really good moments and some nice banter. as always, you tantalize with tidbits from unwritten stories, not sure if you do it on purpose or not. Second chapter... nice and steamy! erotic and enjoyable. and even though the punch line was obvious and cliched you pulled it off brilliantly and I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Looking forward to finding out the details of Shego's "punishment" and how she's going to make Kim pay for it.

Alex.