Reviews for Journey's End
Hunchbook chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
STELLAR. I had to look up where Emyn Arnen was, (unded up digging through Unfinished Tales to find it) but it's a great one-shot. It'd make a good beginning to a longer story, minus the last couple of paragraphs, but it stands on it's own quite nicely. Good job :)
Eledhwen chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Lovely. I always like Aragorn (and Faramir)-in-disguise fics. :)
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Just lovely! Other stories have dealt with Faramir's grief over Boromir, but never through the eyes of an OFC who has known a parallel grief - it makes it all the more vivid. I love the sense of tragedy for the heroes who died far away; and the cost to those who loved them and who still think of them even while living in hard-won piece.

The Aragorn-Faramir relationship is beautifully and subtly written - they are friends, and trust and know each other well. I love the image of them taking a break from kingly and princely duties to walk again as Rangers on the road.

And you get major points from me, as a Faramirist, for Eilen's noticing Faramir's restless hands and singularly beautiful smile...wonderful details.
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Hehehehe, I can fancy a guess on who those Rangers might be! Perhaps a Steward and a King out playing hooky?
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
A true gem of a story, I'm pleased you have posted it here too.
SCREAMINGwhispers chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Lovely, and pleasingly subtle. I like how you described Faramir's hands as shaking. But I think, somehow, Aragorn seemed a bit...old. I mean, sure he's 87 while on the quest, but that's young for his kin.

It's nice to catch a glimspe into ordinary life in ME!

-S-w _
Celebne chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Wonderful story about two certain rangers. One thing, I don't like: when Faramir is descrived to be thin.

JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
A nice story-I love the concept of Aragorn and Faramir wandering around incognito as Rangers.
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Oh, this was a WONDERFUL story and a very nice way to start my Monday morning! Of course, we know just who the two rangers had to be, don't we. I'm certain the Prince and the King will most certainly act on Eilen's words! I have such a smile on my face as I type this.

(And I'd love to know what it was that Aragorn said to Faramir that had him laughing so hard...)

Lovely, lovely work. Thank you for sharing it.

24 | « Prev Page 1 2