Reviews for Small Fortunes
mini-corundum chapter 1 . 1/9
OMG! This story is so well-written. I love it very much.
Andrivette chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
This is absolutely fantastic. You captured the essence of the game perfectly, and this is such a cute, sweet tale. Incredibly heartwarming. I'm so glad to have read it. Wonderful job!
MysticSpiritus chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
I swear, the moogles in ff9 pwnd all. I adored those little guys.

Wonderful fic, Pied. Kupo.

Mystic
Okami No Yume chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
Ah, you've done it once again, Pied Flycatcher. Truly quality work, as always. This fic really made me smile, and incited a chuckle or two. It was everything a good fairy story should be-it was warm, witty, charming, sweet, and endearing. It fit into the FFIX universe very nicely, and you caught the atmosphere of the game, and the characters, perfectly. I loved Stilzkin.

You're one of those rare writers whose work really shines and sparkles.

Keep up the great work. I'm glad to see more from your pen. You have some wonderful ideas. :) I hope to see you spin more tales in the future.
Myshu chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
Adorable! I like moogles, and Stiltzkin was always one of the more interesting (and noble) ones. I enjoyed the fun and mystery of delivering the letter, and the story ended happily. I recognized just about everyone, too! Very nice use of a minor cast.

I especially like the idea of Midsummer's Day, and the line about capital letters made me chuckle. Good fic!
Fenny Penny chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Beautiful story! It has all the right elements that reminds me of the fairy tales I read years ago.
PRIVATE chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
Freaking awesome!
Goonlalagoon chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
Thats so cute! You managed to get the characters completely right.
unwinding fantasy chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
That fairytale quality that you were aiming for really shines through. Especially with cute lines like, " And he could tell by the bandits’ impressed expressions that they could hear the capital letters in that title" and "Stiltzkin’s heart pitter-patted." I recognised a good amount of characters - who could forget Grandma Pickles and her potent wares? - though a couple passed me by. Inspires me to plug in the old PS again.

You have a wonderful knack for depicting the scene too. Put simply, you made Lindblum's bustling streets spring to life. All those familiar places and townspeople... I felt like I was playing part of FFIX's epilogue. The dialog felt natural too, although if I'm being nitpicky parts of Ruby's speech did sound a little... off.

Also, the random sound effects are such a joy to see. Strange thing to say, I know, but they inject that little bit of cuteness into a mature-sounding fic. It's just the sort of thing you expect to see in the FF world. And I like how everything ties together at the end.

The red mage's comment to Card Freak Gon (or was it Gonzo?) made me crack up. XD

And that's enough from me. Wonderful job all-over. Hope you're inspired to write more. And yes, I *will* get over to GA one of these days and actually nominate a fic instead of just lurking around!

~Aqua~