Reviews for A Strange, Sweet Sound
VeroniqueClaire chapter 5 . 4/14/2011
Oh, I was such a fan of those mannequin fics - not because I preferred him getting a bit of deluded cold comfort to actually getting the girl, but because few happily-ever-after stories ever captured the depth of emotion that you wrote in those. Still hoping they'll wind up on one of these days. :-)

Anyway, I'm loving these drabbles - your writing is, as always, marvelous. Your characterizations and polish on the writing itself are masterful.
user789685445978 chapter 13 . 9/12/2010
Ooh, I really like this one too. You know how I love the Wandering Child scene. I think that Erik should explore those endless longings a bit more. ;)
user789685445978 chapter 12 . 9/12/2010
RAA! You have updated! I'm glad that I have lured you out of hiding. And aww, I like this one. I like that Erik's excited about Christine talking about him.
liebedero chapter 11 . 8/27/2008
I loved every single one of them. Write some more please do!
user789685445978 chapter 11 . 7/26/2008
I'm glad that you posted this. :) I think it's a great peek into how Howard plays the character - bitter, angry, and yet a little hopeful at the same time. I especially loved the line about how he instinctively pulled away because of a lifetime of abuse - it always makes me sad when Phantoms do that.

I think you should post more stuff! :D
Lady Moon Dragon chapter 8 . 3/17/2008
Oh...what will happen afterwards? Will Christine go with fop head, making the bigest mistake in her life (in my opinon) or will she go with the phantom, who, even though he treatned her, loves her, and simply doesn't know how to act properly! nice chapter, but could you please make the next chapter a little bit longer-if its short, then it could result into a cliffhanger, and unhappy readers! I hope you update soon,

lady moon dragon
Lady Moon Dragon chapter 5 . 10/6/2007
Good so far, i don't like it how you have short chapters *sniff*-it makes me want to read without stopping (augh! cliff hanger!). Poor Erik, so lonely... I hope you update soon i cant wait to see what happens

lady moon dragon
Monj chapter 5 . 10/6/2007
Aww, poor Erik. I liked the sad, melancholy nature of his thoughts, about what other distractions that Chrstine has. I'm glad you're writing again!
bee chapter 5 . 10/6/2007
Aww, manny love! I have missed the manny stories so much. I'm glad to see you posting again too, stranger. ;)
user789685445978 chapter 4 . 6/27/2007
I feel really bad for Christine here - for Erik as well, both of them suffered something akin to a nightmare, which is a real shame since it started out so well. I guess they should have gone with more groping and less unmasking. ;) Yay fair drabbles!
user789685445978 chapter 3 . 6/27/2007
Aww, the monkey waking her up - yay Erin Stewart's Christine, that's who comes to mind for this one. :) Poor Christine discovering that her angel is a mere man, yet RAA for her remembering those sinfully delicious hands. ;) I kind of feel bad though, since I know what's coming next!
user789685445978 chapter 2 . 6/27/2007
Oh my, the hairslick...well, you know how I feel about a good one of THOSE. ;) For some reason this is really calling to mind David Gaschen's Phantom, with the wanting to be in control but not being able to keep it all in check when she's standing before him, and then trying to regain control afterwards. You know I love it! :D
user789685445978 chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
I really like this drabble because it gives us more of a window into Christine's thoughts during this scene. The poor girl must have been terrified. For some reason this one makes me think about Marni and how she does the arm thing twice - hopefully that isn't a bad comparison for you, I really do like these. :)
Mongie chapter 4 . 6/22/2007
Oo, I like this. It would be too easy to just dismiss it all, except for something physical like that. Poor Christine though...so sad. It's a good thing Mme Giry sent her home to rest so she wasn't there for the whole Notes fiasco.
Mongie chapter 3 . 6/22/2007
That would certainly be confusing to wake up to. I love I Remember/Stranger Than You Dreamt It so much. I think you captured her mood very well. :D