Reviews for Lasagna
Mendai Decovrii chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
I consider it very nasty of you to change feels on me so quickly! Quite, quite nasty. One minute I'm grinning at the adorableness that is the Winchester Brothers and next I'm pouting and scowling because I can FEEL the cold like there's suddenly a ghost in the room. It's ever so dreadful reading good writing like this. Because good writers pull of things like this and leave me reeling.

Which is a compliment, by the way ;) 3
Meercatwhisperer112 chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
So, I thought maybe this woud be sweet, them sharing a homemade meal now that they're back together.
Nope.
Not at all.
You didn't just break my feels, you've crushed my heart as well.
Thanks, Satan
(and that's how I say I loved it)
Miss Light Bright chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
SAD! SO SAD!
iridescent bookyworm chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
I love this story
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Who could guess that such a short story with an innocuous title could hold so many layers of meaning, and elicit so many different emotions?

This story is seriously like an onion. I've had to read it several times to peel back the layers and really appreciate the undertones.

I love the stark contrast between before and after - Dean tells Sam that before, he "could had [Dean's cooking] anytime" - but now it is after, and there's too much bitterness in the air, so he tells Sam "cook it yourself."

How ironic that something that brings Sam such pleasure, brings nothing but pain for Dean. Sam relishes the nostalgia of a meal that reminds him of home; yet that same meal played a part in tearing what was left of Dean's home away from him.

More irony - that Sam feasts while Dean suffers. And while Dean regrets his harsh words to his father, he ends up treating Sam the exact same way. The rift between them is obvious.

Great story. :)
ccase13 chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Dean will probably mostly always cook for Sammy.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
That's...really nice, and really sad. I like the idea of a Dean who can and did cook, for his brother-don't believe in it, but like it a lot. And Sam must have gotten fed pretty well despite hteir lifestyle, because if he hit five four malnourished he's obviously suffering a species of gigantism.
Creative Spark chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
As depressing a reality check for the boys as this was, I loved it. Awesome writing. :D

-Spark
WingsOfFate chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
*Sniffles*

And now we know why we never see Dean cooking in the series...

*FavesFaves*
Brynhild GoUrL chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
Oh, ow. I hurt for John, and for all the boys. They're so dman pretty when they're hurting. This was a beautiful sequel; made my heart ache.
ShinobuSaiga chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
Beautiful... and painful. Dean's regret comes through so clearly at the end. And Sam is just so clueless sometimes. Wonderful sequel to Red Beans and Rice (which I just read too btw...).
HollyBush chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Now I'm sad. And incredibly hungry.
Angelbyname chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
OMG this just tore me up inside. You just have Dean perfect, whenever he lays anything out he blows you away, and you've captured a dark brittleness between the boys which just ...(gasps)cuts to the bone. You know how good this is right? You should do this for a living, its way better than the Nevermore novel (crap) being currently dished up. I hope you are working on more!
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
Lasagna as a metaphor - odd but it works. I could see Dean not wanting to cook for just his Dad but somehow you managed to show how broken they were without Sam there. Good story.
angel679 chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Jeesh thanks for the kick in the teeth. This just broke me I'm telling you. No matter what happens or what the event Dean has guilt on top of guilt to keep him beating himself up. Great story.