Reviews for Serpent's Egg
Guest chapter 6 . 1/6/2014
Very well written. Excellent back story for my favorite doa character.
RelentlessRecusant chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
Very sophisticated prose - it is a fantastic job, start to finish. The very cultured writing makes it outstanding.
Strein chapter 6 . 3/25/2009
Christie is such an intriguing, sexy

woman. I personally think her alignment is Neutral Evil. Her mastery of

Snake Fist at such a young age is surely respectable. There is also just

something about an 24-year-old British woman who is a dead-sexy, cold-as-ice

female assassin that's just so damn irresistable! Maybe it's the thrill of

danger that comes from knowing that at any moment this untamed feline can

effortlessly kill you without even the slightest hint of remorse. You know

that someone with her skills and outlook has killed countless times before -

and at such a young age, too! She is quite an entrepreneur to have come such

a long way in so little time!
F E I L D Y chapter 6 . 7/26/2007
Ey! Nice ending man... awesome conclusion to an awesome story. Oh and, I love this line: "She gave no more thought to the debris of her last than a snake did for its shed skin."

But.. one thing really confused me alittle. Christie went through alot of trouble to Avenge her Father, but in the begining of the story, it seemed like she didn't even like him much. Eh whatev... I probobly just missed something.

It was really cool how she killed Arnholt, that was one Proffessional assassination. Really, really good story man.
Tarma Hartley chapter 6 . 7/26/2007
EXCELLENT! WELL DONE! This was a wonderfully crafted story and very creepy! Love the twist at the end-I didn't see that one coming, I admit! :)
F E I L D Y chapter 5 . 7/22/2007
Nice. Another awesome chapter man. Can't wait to see what she does next.

I hope you do a chapter explaining how Christie gets her pet Panther. That would rule.
F E I L D Y chapter 3 . 7/3/2007
Sick chapter man. You really hit the nail on the head with Christie's personality. And even the original characters you came up with are really cool...
F E I L D Y chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
What a great story man... Seriously. Best backstory fic I've ever read. Keep up the good work.
Boggy chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
I check the archives daily for new additions to the DOA library, and was pleansantly surprised to find not a ninja story, not a Hitomi story (both of which have worn thin), but an insightful and rivoting Christie back-story fic. Kudos for remembering that other DOA characters do exist.

The piece is very mature-not so much in "rating" as in concept and tone. The language is sophisticated; the dialogue flows seamlessly with your descriptions. Arnholt demonstrates a level of wit you would expect from an older, more experienced man, and Christie maintains the commanding sensuality of her in-game counterpart. More importantly, the events are so convincing, so thoughtfully constructed, a reader could be easily fooled into believing your story canon!

Overall, great piece. A real diamond in the rough. I look forward to future installments (assuming you choose to continue the story).