Reviews for Out of the Darkness
the-laughingstock chapter 25 . 4/7
Oh my god! What a rollar coaster! This might be the most accurate Leroux Erik I've read in a while! I love how their relationship grew too. How confusing all that would be. Your Christine was spot on too...! I can't tell if it's gonn ebd there or continue on. On one hand, I love it and I could say that it ending perfectly... BUT ALSO MORE! Hehe~
You did a fantastic job...! Thank you for giving us this beautiful story to get lost in~
GeeksGeeks chapter 25 . 11/11/2015
Ok, this was delightful!

Through the first chapter ll the way through 25, I was riveted. Excellent inclusion of themes, mood... The only thing that left me a bit dry was a slight lack of description; the dialogue was snappy, well organized, and was wholly immersive in getting me invested in the story, but there were moments when I wanted to know more about how their environment would interplay with the characterization. The specificity of it. How an alley is somewhat blasé, but a "twisting and turning" alleyway adds just that dash of suspense.

Brilliant work so far, though, keep it up!
prettyinpinkgal chapter 25 . 5/1/2015
Wow, what a gem this story is! I'm so glad I stumbled upon it. I read it all within two days and I wish there were at least 10 chapters more to read. When I arrived at Chapter 24, I thought, "There's no way this is going to end in a satisfactory way in just one more chapter." And yet you pulled it off wonderfully. Kudos.

I often find myself in a bit of a predicament when reading PotO fanfiction. I love kidnapper!Erik, but I also want acknowledgment that what he does is wrong, including-especially-by Erik. But you created a unique scenario where Erik, arguably, HAS done the right thing, just in a really bad way. Or maybe the wrong thing in a right way? Anywho, it was so fun to read and not have my moral compass going off, but instead go spinning around inside my head. The terror attack wasn't too grim to make Erik's involvement unforgivable, but it was enough to make it obvious why he wanted to get Christine out beforehand. Nicely done.

Also, I have to say, I was at first not a fan of this particular portrayal of Christine. Had it been any other writing style, I might have ditched the story, but there was suggestions in your prose that Christine was not all developed emotionally and socially. I figured there was a reason for that, so I decided to stick it out, and I have to say, I'm so glad I trusted your talent. Watching her become disillusioned, but also mature, was wonderful, especially since she did find happiness.

Honestly, I think the one character I can't stand is Christine's father. What an insufferable, pathetic little-ugh! There's one line, where you say something along the lines of, "Her father was always looking beyond her, but Erik looked straight at her" (you say it much better of course) and I think that's such an important nuance you've put in their characters. Because one might say Charles (I hope that was indeed the name you used for her father and I'm not making something up) was protecting Christine, but being too distraught to explain to your VERY PANICKED TEENAGED DAUGHTER why she is suddenly BLEEDING-yeeeaaah, I could forgive the constant moving and shuffling around and lack of stability, but that, AND the fact that he didn't get her proper doctor's visits more often...DOUCHEBAGGGG.

Oh, but I DO love the little background you gave us on Christine's influence on people. She may have been peculiar, and not "all there", and not popular, but sometimes people DID see her straight on, unlike her father, and while they were not as prominent as Erik, and she has no idea her influence, she DID influence people. Not just the millions saved by the energy crisis ending, but the concierge who adopted a little girl who looked like her, the shoeshiner who left her tickets, those little people in the background... Normally I don't care for fanfic backstories, but you just warmed my heart reading about the ice cream man and the tea store workers who began joining the search for Christine. I loved how it was quiet reassurance that Erik is right, the world can be beastly, but Christine's optimistic view isn't all wrong either.

I must also discuss your writing. You have some of the most lovely lines I've had the pleasure to read in fanfiction. Even if I didn't like the story (which, if you can't tell, I liked very very very very much), I would've favorited this fanfic simply because you have a couple of really wonderful lines. I mean, there are typos and everything, but the LINES... This is one of my favorites:

"You tell me it's sad that people have lost their precious power, their phones, cars and Internet, but I'm certain that on that first terrifying dark night there was silence as humans gazed upwards to the heavens once more...There is greatness in a being who can look up at the sky and wonder."

I had to stop reading and let that paragraph sink in a little before continuing on through the Erik/Christine moment.

Okay, this so-called "review" is more like a barrage of fangirling, so forgive my stream-of-conscious writing here. But I rarely write reviews anymore unless I'm truly struck by something, and man have I been struck by this story. Are you a professional writer? I'd like to buy your work if you are.
Rupert Bear chapter 25 . 2/12/2015
Finally got an opportunity to read your story. It's very well written and plus bonus of a happy ending. Thank you for sharing to the the readers. Looking forward to read other of your works.
KittyPimms chapter 25 . 11/26/2014
Aw, I'm sorry to see it end but if it haaad to, this was a lovely way to do it! So glad for them to be so happy and we had much closure in all the right spots. Absolutely loved this story and I look forward to reading more of your stories in future!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Everyonedeserveslove chapter 25 . 11/25/2014
LOVED IT
Dkk5 chapter 25 . 11/24/2014
Nice ending, I was worried it wouldn't be finished as I had hoped, lI love being proven wrong with Erik and happy endings involved. I'm waiting for the next story!
Guest chapter 24 . 9/13/2014
Its perfectly ok if you are, but are you taking a break with this story? Whether you are or aren't I still wanna say how great it is, its rlly great, lol, that is all. :3
Guest chapter 24 . 9/8/2014
I love this story and look forward to your next update.
Guest chapter 24 . 8/4/2014
Love this story. The physical/ biochemical connection between the E and C is an amazingly unique concept. I love that they are healing each others chronic health problems. I don't know the mechanism, if there is one in the reader universe, but it is a great SciFi addition. It also makes Eric's action toward C more justifiable and Christine' s urge to stay with E more understandable. Love it. I am impatiently awaiting your update.
Melstrife chapter 24 . 7/23/2014
Yay! Improvement from Christine! Update soon! I enjoy this story! I cannot wait for the next one!
Miss Sugar Cane chapter 24 . 7/23/2014
Great chapter! It was definitely worth the waiting. Please update soon. I'm dying to know what happens next :)
thephantomsangel713 chapter 24 . 7/22/2014
Yayyyyy! Christine feels something for him!;
Guest chapter 23 . 7/12/2014
Sorry about before, my behavior was uncalled for and I sincerely appologize, I really like how you combined the chapters and I enjoyed this new chapter very much. Again I appologize and wanted to tell you how talented you are and that I understand how long it takes to write something and rewrite it to it feels right.
Melstrife chapter 23 . 7/12/2014
I enjoy this fanfic! Don't let anyone bring you down about it! I look forward to the next update!