Reviews for Retaking the Sky
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
This...this was pure beauty. A gripping, haunting AU that still perfectly captures all the voices of the characters. I LOVED it. Thank you so much for writing this.
Chaos Dragon chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
wow. this really reminds me of anne mccaffrey's brainship novels. i have to say, i really like it. it was very interesting trying to equate zoe with being embodied in a ship; she's such a physical presence with mal. but you did a great job with this. really liked it.

~cd
bob0045 chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
How can Zoe's loses as a ship be so much more heartbreaking as a ship than as a person. This story was brilliant; it brought out Zoe's often overlooked venerability.
Eliche chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
very nice
Raiining chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
*Oh*

What a concept: I love that you chose Zoe for this, and at first I was confused - would there be two Zoe's? But this worked - surprisingly worked, and again proves why I read fanfic. This kind of creativity makes all manner of possibilities open.

I love the emotional honesty here, the lovely detailed relationship of the crew with Zoe - especially Mal and Wash. I liked the beginning history, and I really enjoyed the way you rode the changing relationship between Zoe and Mal. Excellently done. Thank you for this!
StorytellerSJK chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Wow. The same yet different. I am left at a loss words so I will simply leave it at 'Well Done." Well Done.