Reviews for Crossing Business With Bridges
Freya922 chapter 1 . 9/13
Wonderful - I was gasping for air, the water encroaching was so real.
LeeMarieJack chapter 1 . 1/6
Sam is keeping secrets again. wE all know where that can lead. This was a very good story. Entracting and exciting.
silver ruffian chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review: December 2015

On the surface this appears to be a deceptively simple story about a hunt gone a little sideways. It's actually a well-written story about life and loss. Your description of Dean drowning was totally unnerving.

One of my favorite lines: "You gotta think: if they'd just said and done what they wanted when they were alive maybe they wouldn't end up on the wrong end of a rock salt cartridge or the two of us."
TheResurrectionist chapter 1 . 12/22/2015
Supernatural Fanfiction Monthly Awards Review: This was an interesting scenario and really demonstrated the bond between Sam and Dean. I thought Dean was really gritty and a little grim, though it seemed to fit well. His thought process was different than most stories I've read before, though it was refreshing (as I'm sure the water was). There was a thread of situational irony throughout the story, and it threw me at first because of the timeline. However, season two had a lot of Dean's guilt featured, and I think this reflected it better than most.
Your writing flows very well, and your choice in wording makes it very different. I wonder if you are American or not? Though it seemed not to show, a few words here or there were a little OOC for American characters and/or a little formal for the Winchester boys. Other than that, I think this was very well written and was fascinating to read.

One quick question (for myself and my curiosity): Did Dean buy his three hundred dollar jacket? I always thought it was his Dad's, so him running over the price in his head was a little weird. But perfectly plausible. Nice job!
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards : December 2015

Story structure gave this an ever-increasing boot to the next level of tension even while the characters were down-playing the end in delicious contrast and, it has to be said, in clear character. Dean's thoughts on the matter of his end were hilariously true to character, as was the exact description of imminent and ultimate drowning, and both lent the sort of reality that elevates a story from a good read to a must-read, quite effortlessly.

Adding to that was a thorough knowledge of events and abilities and this becomes one of those stories that can be read over and over, reminding and giving that intimate look at the characters that can be so hard to find.
SPNReadingManiac chapter 1 . 7/23/2015
Another beautifully written story!
No Demand for Truth chapter 1 . 7/23/2015
Can't say anything other than this was perfect. This is what I hunt and search for, stories that really know the characters, know the situations, and writers who can make it all come alive in my head. Thank you for writing!
Dean Johnson chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
6'1 to be exact, yes I looked it up.
PokeyDotes chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Two stories in and I'm starting to realize that you are an amazing writer.

This has to be the best few lines I have ever read in any fic.

"'So, shorten it.'

'I can't just shorten it.'

'Why not? Just…paraphrase.'

'Dean, if just saying Fuck off evil spirit worked, no-one would need our help.'

'So say it in Latin.'"
Guest chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
'He was fucked. Not just might be fucked, which would have been okay. Dean lived his entire life in Might Be Fucked. He owned real estate there. This was south of that border into Fucked Central.'
This is so how Dean would verbalized a shitty situation, loved it! Thanks
Greenbush chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Really liked the mixture of humour and danger, and your wonderfully descriptive asides “This was south of that border into Fucked Central.”. Good stuff!
mainegirlwrites chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Mad Server just turned me on to your work. Absolutely fabulous, I am inspired. Thanks for a great read.
Jennygeee chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Really loved this and found it through LJ storyfinders.

You really had the boys voices spot on, I could totally hear them actually saying your words.

*runs off to read your other fic*

xx
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wow

I liked that DD Drowning Dean is always fun stuff (okay, I think I'm crazy ahaha I have to go to a shrink, like yesterday lol Or maybe I'm just a mean girl lol)

See you around ~

Rosetta
Death-Muncher chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
I enjoyed this story. :) I like the way you write, I wish there was more of it. :P