Reviews for Watch Out For That Tree!
Amanthya chapter 1 . 3/19
I've been converted to a GilesxAnya shipper, but I always did want Giles and Joyce to get together ever since the candy episode.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
I alternate between Giles/Jenny and Giles/Joyce depending on what season we're talking. I really liked this fic. The interactions, the humour (SPIKE!) everything was wonderful. I was having a bad day and this cheered me up. Thank you.
Blessed Lunatic chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
It's been a while since you published this, but hopefully you'll still enjoy getting a review four years later.

I ADORE everything about this. The humor, the characterizations, the oh-so-plausible situations...everything.

I love the idea of Giles/Joyce so much, and practically no fanfic exists for the pairing. Thanks for writing such a lovely little piece that plays off of their awkwardness so perfectly.
Lfaba chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Lol! I spazzed out when I was reading this...I could so totally see that happening on the show (I wish!). Joyce/Spike is so funny! I kind of think that Joss could have had a Joyce/Giles storyline that was similar to this fic-a couple of mistaken kisses and possible false starts before her death. It would've been great, but since Joss decided to be a party popper, your fic is as good as the show! I could totally see Buffy and Dawn's reactions as in character, and the whole date bit was very, very funny. Overall, I'm rambling, but great fic. I must favorite it. :)
ModernScribe chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Wow! This was wonderful! You really captured the characters. I could virtually hear the actors speaking the lines. Plus the topic was hilarious. I love it!
Springrain chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
I like Giles/Joyce when it is like this: not an actuality or AU, but simply promising false starts that never went anywhere. The bittersweet quality, if that makes sense. And I just love Joyce and Spike interaction.
thenightcheese chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Oh I absolutely loved this! It's almost impossible to find any Giles/Joyce fics and great ones are basically nonexistent. Except for this one apparently.
Adarog chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Delightful! I especially liked the interlude with Spike. And "acoustic rock god". [holds up a light for "Free Bird"]
Schnuffie chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
Hi there!

Oh - uhm? I never read a Giles-Joyce story... Because its a pairing I realy dont like :D! Iam up to Giles-Wes *smirk*!

But your story makes me laugh loud! My God! So god!

Giles and his awarkness...

And Joyce and Spike? I realy like to see that ;D!

And Buffy and then Dawn *muhahahahaha*...

And finally? I so hope Giles and Joyce can make out properly *g*. *tsk at myself* *G*

So I at you to my favs... :D!

Ha, my first GILES Fic at
MorgauseNokami chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
*grin*
Kreepi Spicer chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Haha, I loved it! I haven't read a good Giles story in a while. Great work!
Cellar Door 26 chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
Laughter is good right now. Thank you.
Lady Darcy-Riddle chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Well, you've converted me. It was just so ...cute! Giles seemed rather caught in a rut of glaring and was overly morose, perhaps the conventions of stuffy British man just don't read as well... because he is rather like that. Spike. Spike was hilarious. The Joyce/Spike conversation was brilliant, I never saw it coming. Oh Giles and sing alongs with hostages, why couldn't this be a musical? Brilliant again. Giles' rescue was so very him and Buffy. Nice job with an unpopular ship... you have me on board.
ivywatcher chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
You know what gets me? I don't even *like* this pairing, usually. Like, not at all. You could even go so far as to say that I have an intense dislike of it. But this story...very nicely done!

It was funny, first off. Funny enough that I laughed out loud at least half a dozen times on my way through it, which is already a rare thing in the realm of fanfiction. Second, your voices were spectacular; there wasn't once when I couldn't see and hear the characters during these little scenes, and that's very impressive.

Finally, Joyce counseling Spike in the bathroom was something I would have killed to see on-screen. And Buffy's reactions to Giles and Joyce were just so perfectly in-character that I couldn't not add this to my C2. Congratulations on a very good story. You might have changed my mind about this pairing.

...Maybe.
impsy chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
This was fantastic, lol. A well-written, funny, convincing fanfic is kind of rare on here, and this is one of the best I've read. I adored it. Thank you for sharing. :)