Reviews for Fire Alarms
Iscah McKrae chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
I'm in love. I'm so indescribably grateful for the recommendation that brought me here. This. So simple. So sweet. So poignant. Jealousy is the only proper descriptor for how I feel about your ability to write your way into Jess Mariano's pen. As always, I wish that I could read the whole book. I've always longed to read the complete works of Jess Mariano. I can't understand how you've managed to wrap up their whole tangled mess of a story into a single one-shot...completely untangled and ready to be as simple as: Hi. Hi.

I love it. I simply completely unabashedly love it. As I come away from any Lit-fic that feels perfect-at-last (this is now top of that list), I find myself wondering why I keep writing. What more can possibly be said when this story is in the world.

This is what I want out of a Gilmore Girls reunion movie. This. Throw in all the townsfolk and show what Luke and Lorelai as an old married couple looks like...and give us this moment... this: finally right of Jess and Rory. It doesn't have to be a long, painful process. Just a glimpse of the journey they've both traveled, and the fact that it has brought them back here...back to the place they have belonged since he first said "Not much," and she first said, "Dodger."

I'd love to talk Literati with you, if you have the time and still have the interest. I know 2007 was a long time ago. But, if you do...drop me a line.

Thank you for such a beautiful story.
eval chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
that's such a sweet story! I really liked it and I'm sad that it's only one chapter :/
watram chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
Wow. I have tears in my eyes. I get this sense of disbelief that their moment is finally here and it's beautiful.
sans nom chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
This made me cry the first time I read it. Second time, I was smiling all throughout. Third time, I'm crying again, and leaving a review. Rory-Jess reconciliation fics involving a Mariano book are plentiful in , but yours is probably one of the best I've seen. It's so short and simple, but poignant. How she recognized his writing at once without checking the front page? Lovely. And the Hi's at the end was a clever bookend. Amazing read.
Splinker chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
To me, this story is perfect.
Annerb chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
Wonderful. You've captured everything that is great about this pairing. I love your prose.
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Aww hi indeed! Beautiful! I like the idea that so much growth could happen, and things could change but Lit will never really be over! Great!
dirao chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
"You never told me that your heart was flammable" might just be one of the greatest lines in fic. I love reading other people's takes on Jess's writing style. I'm working on such a fic myself and it's amazing how diverse everyone's idea of his writing is. Dark or brooding, comical or romantic. Always unique.
caipi chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
just great
iwannabethefirstme chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
aw i love how u ended
Fair-Ithil chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Oh, my.

Every sentence was perfection. I want to cut it to ribbions and tell you every single word that made this a masterpiece.

The warning if a title had me sit up straight in my chair because I love love love when Lit is explored via Jess' writing and that title, Caution : Flammable, is just so spot on because they were always on the brink of combustion as a couple-and even later when they weren't dating, it was all there, under the surface and all that it needed was the right amount of friction to set off this fire that you just knew would swallow them whole (and maybe destory them a little, like it did when they were young). The quote had me flailing because I love Walt Whitman and it's just this idea of secretly telling all your truths and it just melts me to the core. The backstory of Rory's failed marriage and the friendship she's nursed back to life with Jess work seamlessly as a backdrop for this one event. To agree with Rory, Jess' prose was beautiful, I had to go back and read it aloud because there was this line "Thing is, you were never told that love burned you inside and out, branding you and leaving you changed irrevocably and unwillingly against your better judgment...The books you trusted with your ideals and innocence, which turned out to merely be works of complete fantasy; because you've almost burnt yourself out with want and love for someone you were never good for." that just made my throat swell shut for a second. The damage Jess feels so long after the fact is painful, but its the wounded trust in books that is a punch to the gut and you manage to capture that so perfectly in those lines. The final decision made by both Rory and Jess doesn't feel forced of rushed or like you set out with that ending at mind, but rather like it evolved naturally for both characters, like it was the only ending they could have after being on this collison course for so long, after waiting for eleven years, this, that place is where they needed to be, where they were meant to be. Their reintroduction brings a smile to my face because it's like they've come full circle. And that is was because of a book, priceless.

Just amazing, hope to see more Lit out of you soon.

All the best,

Fair Ithil
puca shells chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
that was such a great story. You did a wonderful job with the excerpt from Jess's story. I totally wish his book were real, it sounds amazingg!

great job!
Lirazel chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Gah! I just love this! Seriously, I went all melty and my stomach twisted up.

I can't believe I haven't ever read anything you've written, because you're fantastic! This is so very, very Rory and Jess-and that they would find their way back to each other through a book, through words written that they could never say aloud, is perfect.

Have you ever seen "Before Sunset" (and its prequel, "Before Sunrise")? It's one of my favorite films in the whole word, and this reminded me of the beginning of it, with a book being a bridge of sorts. If you have, you know what I'm talking about, and if you haven't you need to go buy both DVDs right now because your life isn't complete.

Anyways, lovely, lovely story. I can't wait to read more of your fics!
Dawns Heart chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
Beautiful, simply beautiful. It would seem love does win out in the end, huh?
Serendipily chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Wonderful. Darling. Absolutely ... incrediable, and I'm nearly speechless, and in dior need of a thesurus because I can't think of any other words that can even begin to describe how good it felt to read this.

I'm sorry, I'll give a better review later when words can be fully put into my head.