Reviews for Deceitful Above All Things
JigokuYume chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
That was beautiful. I enjoyed each and every part of the fic. Truely beautiful & heart felt. Adding to the favorites list
Naive-Symphony chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
this was lovely. you are a great author. i loved the spanish poetry bits, they really added something to the story. i adore authors like you who can take the kh story and manipulate it into something so poetic and deep. great work.
anbumoo chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
This story was amazing; the way you wrote it was just so powerful. I swear it made me want to laugh and cry at the same time... Great job! :D
ViDez chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
This story...

..is now one of my new favorite fanfictions of all time. Thank you for sharing your talent. This was so worth the read.
Kayleigh Gray chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Okay, so. This would be the second time that I've read this. And uhm. It still gave me that same feeling, that feeling somewhat similar to... heartbreak? Distress? Heartbreak? But in a good way, of course. I just wasn't able to review the last time because, well. All that was on my mind was, "aent;o3whtnoli!"

I absolutely adore your writing style. I'm a sucker for prose, I'll have you know. I also like how you used the four-or-five-syllable words. And the Spanish words. They made the story more devastatingly beautiful. Kudos to you! :D

Thank you for writing this.
EikoChitose chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
I know this has been here awhile, and I'm just reading it... Sorry. But that was good. That was incredible, actually, I really enjoyed it. I like that you used Axel's perspective, and I almost cried. But I'm happy about it, sort of.
coalmine chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
My chest is tight. A slow burn.
bobalinabokonon chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
On a rereading: this is the closest fanfiction will ever get to making me cry. And Neruda is awesome and fitting.

Felicidades.
yours truly chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
God damn if that doesn't get me every time I read it. This one fic is unique in that I never remember what it's about until I'm reading it, and I promptly forget again once I've read it. I love it, love it, and since I don't remember I can't say if it happens every time, but it makes me cry in the soul-altering way. It fluctuates between heartbreak and consolances, and it brings me back to the bare bones of why I love them and how it feels to know them. When Roxas leaves, I remember to believe in the basic material we're given. Explaining myself would give too much away, so I'll just leave this here: .

Thank you, forever, (again,) for writing this. (For everything.)
Star Blind chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
Ok so I am currently bawling as I type this. This is one of THE BEST fanfics I have EVER read. It's been a while since I've cried this much. YOU. ARE. AWESOME. I can't even describe how awesome an author you are. Thank you. Thank you for writing this wonderful fic.
sleep learning chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
So, it’s been a while since this was put on FFnet (why am I telling you this? You know this…)

But I wanted to review it anyways.

This is silly, since words can’t describe how it was to read.

Gee, this is a productive endeavour…

I’m frustrated, since I wanted to write something lovely, about how I loved the prose. About how even little cameos from other members of the organization were highly defined in their own right. I wanted to talk about how I kept reading and reading and never wanting it to end, but also wanting something definable, some sort of abrupt ending, or happy ever after.

But I guess that’s the story of “Axel and Roxas”, that there never is a happy ever after, or a definable ending.

Gah, it was a bittersweet read, and the connections between my brain, heart and keyboard have been impaired, so I cannot truly say how great it was.

So I’ll just say I loved it. And leave it at that.
I'm Beth chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Oh mah gawd, this was so long, I'm so happy to have finally finished this

and yet. . .

I never want it to end!

You captured Axel so well in this fic, it just touches my heart

p.s. love you forever for letting Roxas top XD
Daikon chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
This is absolutely my favorite fanfiction. I love everything about it, from your characterizations to your use of details to your quips and jokes. The ending is so beautifully tragic; it makes me cry almost every time I read it, which is about six times now. I can't even play KH2 anymore without thinking about this fic and getting teary-eyed at the Akuroku parts.

Thank you so much for writing it. :)
nolongerwriting40 chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
I've been not reading this story for almost as long as I've been reading Kingdom Hearts fiction. You know those stories that are on everyone's list, those stories that are almost required reading in certain circles? You know those stories, right? The ones that - more often than not - are disappointing somehow, not because they aren't good, but because they could never live up to their myth. Those stories that somehow set the bar...

So I've been not reading. Also, because once upon a time I used to breathe a rarefied atmosphere of Truman Capote, I couldn't get past the fact that your title meant that your story should be Other Voices, Other Rooms - only it's not, so I've been not reading.

A couple of days ago Versace Frolic said something to me which made me go and read section 6, and I just kept reading. Apart from that I'm feeling like a proper fool, it's too soon for me to be able to articulate quite what I think of Deceitful Above All Things. You've probably had the entire thing quoted back to you as favourite lines, but has anyone told you about the wonderful shape this story has overall? When I'd reached the end, and gone back and read the first 5 sections and carried on to the end again it was the shape of it that struck me most. I don't want to say it's perfect, because nothing is, but it's a whole lot closer than most things. It feels artless (by which I mean natural or effortless, not clumsy or unskilled), as if it just told itself - and I really do mean that as a compliment, that your artifice isn't obvious.

So. I wish I'd read this a long time ago. I'll be reading it again, for sure, along with more of your writing.

Thank you for it.