Reviews for The Fly and I
intoxobscurity chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
I dont know what it is about this poem, but I read it about ten times before finally letting myself think about it.

And then when I did, after I drained every ounce of physcological meaning this could have, pitied snape for as long as my mind would let me, I read it again.

No bitter Snape, no Harry Potter, just the dead fly and I sitting alone and admiring the poetry.

Great job :)
Lost-Hogwarts-Student chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
I thought it was very cynical in a way; kind of looming in a sense. I dont know...but it must be very good if I just can't put a finger on the somewhat dark feeling it gives me.
purtyinpink71121 chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
Aww, poor fly!

And (I can't believe I'm about to say this but...) poor Snape. Even though he did kill the fly in the end, haha.

Great job turning a tiny little mention of something in a book to a great poem!

Kudos!

-Skye
Lils Evans chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Hmm. Truly these are the kind of words that make you not only ponder while you read them, but also about the inspiration...the connection that it took to write them in such a matter of fact, true way. I remember this one as well. One of my favorites...I read it many times over.

The Fly is dead.

*sighs*

that is...like a blow.
rye-the-random chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Wow, it shows a lot about Snape. I love how he unmercilessly murders his friend. Interesting psychology... hm, there I go rambling again. Silly me.

pad's gurl
be-heard chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
Well, I could se Snape doing that.
Caffienated Faerie chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
hehe ] cleverly done D d Poor fly D
SharkiesGirl chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
Nicely done, I like it. I only found it funny because somewhere in my twisted mind I imagined Snape talking to a fly on the gutter (I have know idea where that came from). Great work, it amazes me how it is possible for some to work on a simple subject and turn it into a masterpiece! 10/10
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
Well I guess I have a sick sense of humour then ...

Great work

Cuba
Jaye Black chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
*raises hand meekly* i must have a sick sense of humor, because that made me smirk. like, "heh heh heh. owned."

cool poem. :D

~jaye~
sunny tuesday chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Do you think the fly could be a metaphor for...Dumbledore?

Anyway- really really good. Simply put. I like it- for what it is.

sunny tuesday
sabiangelrox chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Ouch! Poor fly!

Good poem, though! *thumbsup*
M.M. Vestal chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Until I reached the end, I thought that this might be told from Severus' grave. He and the fly are connected through his death-the fly buzzing around his remains. Very Emily Dickinson of you...but the last two lines stopped that train of thought! Good poem either way.
schmexybella chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
wow...that was strong and really sad...poor thing...i love snape...and boy he needs some love!